ka-Bloom.org Forum

Kingdom of Heaven DVD

:hmmm: That is too bad about no new scenes. I told Hubby I want KoH for Christmas. Maybe they will come out with the EE before then? One can only hope. Even if not, at least it comes with some behind the scenes shots.
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the movie would be even better with some of the emotional scenes put back in. Would you believe I haven't looked at the second disc at all? I will now that you say there are some deleted scenes on it. Thanks for the info, serendipity.

There is no way the EE will be out before Christmas. If it ever comes out, I will be first in line at the store.

We just got a new television (32" flat screen high definition) and I watched KOH again. What a great movie! I just love it and in HD it is so compelling. I am so happy, I can't believe what I've been missing.

Aliza

I just watched Kingdom of Heaven the other day and still have not seen the second disc. Now that I know about the deleted scenes, I will definitely watch it the next time I watch the movie. Orlando so great in this, he gave me chills up and down my spine and goosebumps. He even had me in tears a couple of times. So I can just imagine what the extra scenes are like. And once the EE comes out I will definitely go right out and get it. And hopefully after Orlando winning the Best European Actor award for his outstanding portrayal of Balian, they will release the extended version.

Kim

And hopefully after Orlando winning the Best European Actor award for his outstanding portrayal of Balian, they will release the extended version. 

Kim

Really good point, Kim. You've got to believe that the award will factor into the decision to release an EE.

:crusader:

Aliza

:hmmm: That is too bad about no new scenes.  I told Hubby I want KoH for Christmas.  Maybe they will come out with the EE before then?  One can only hope.  Even if not, at least it comes with some behind the scenes shots.

A friend of mine told me just a few days ago that she watched a short interview with Ridley Scott who stated that for "the real KOH fan" an extended version including the cut-off scenes will be released next year (hopefully he was talking about January '06 and not December '06!! :blink: :wink: ).

Carmen ente.gif

Guest Galadriel72

Thanks for your answers! I don't think if I can wait until the EE version comes out . okay, I'll buy the DVD anyway. I just can't wait this long to see Orlando in knight costume . again and again *sigh*

Greetings from Germany,

Deborah

And hopefully after Orlando winning the Best European Actor award for his outstanding portrayal of Balian, they will release the extended version.

Not to burst any bubble here, but I doubt that will have much - if anything - to do with it. :(

The primary factors will be:

~ How quickly Sir Ridley can finish editing it.

~ It will be after they've squeezed as much as they can out of the 'original' DVD release - and it tends to be at least a year, in my experience. They can't announce it until sales and rentals have essentially bottomed out; the 'average' DVD buyer would drop the idea of the theatrical version if they know an extended one is coming out in the not-so-distant future.

~ The major factor? Whenever Fox thinks the maximum amount of $$ can be made from it. This could mean next Christmas. Or at a time when nothing else substantial is set for release, so it would corner the market for a period of time.

I sure hope its in the beginning of next year and not the end. That is too long a wait. Well if anybody can get the EE version out there it will be Ridley Scott. By the way, my Aunt bought Kingdom of Heaven just other day and she really enjoyed it. And she thought Orlando did a great job. I was so thrilled when I learned she bought it. :w00t: And my Dad also enjoyed it, especially the end, he thought that was really exciting and for him to say that, that really means a lot because not too much moves him and he also said he thought Orlando did a good job. So I know when the EE version does come out, he will want to see it as well.

Kim

I sure hope its in the beginning of next year and not the end.  That is too long a wait.

It's good to have hope. But let me put it this way. :lol:

The DVD 'release date' sites aren't even venturing a guess, though it is widely assumed that it will be in 2006. And these places know release dates 5, 6 months in advance.

Should I even say that 4 years passed between the theatrical cut DVD for Sir Ridley's Gladiator and the EE version?

:tomato:

Should I even say that 4 years passed between the theatrical cut DVD for Sir Ridley's Gladiator and the EE version?

:tomato:

Like my Air Force recruiter once told me, "You're going to be somewhere 4 years from now." So I guess I'll be in the video store if it takes that long. :giveup:

God give me patience. And I want it right NOW!

Thanks for putting this news into perspective. I think.

Beth37

• 3 months later...
Guest Polyte

Don't know if it has been said elsewhere.. I saw a subject on the Director's Cut but not on the DVD Director's Cut.

So here's a link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EHSVQ.&v=glance&n=130 to pre-order on Amazon.com the 4 Disc Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

Format: Box set, Color, Director's Cut, Widescreen, NTSC

Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only.)

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Studio: 20th Century Fox

DVD Release Date: May 23, 2006

Run Time: 191 minutes

DVD Features:

• Available Subtitles: Spanish
  • Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), English (DTS)
  • Disk 1:
  • *DIRECTOR'S CUT Part One
  • *Introduction by Sir Ridley Scott
  • *AUDIO COMMENTARIES: Director Ridley Scott and Writer William Monahan by executive producer Lisa Ellzey, film editor Dody Dorn, visual effects supervisor Wes Sewell and first assistant director Adam Somner
  • *THE ENGINER'S GUIDE
  • Disk 2:
  • *DIRECTOR'S CUT Part Two
  • *AUDIO COMMENTARIES (Continued): Director Ridley Scott and Writer William Monahan by executive producer Lisa Ellzey, film editor Dody Dorn, visual effects supervisor Wes Sewell and first assistant director Adam Somner
  • *THE ENGINER'S GUIDE (Cont'd)
  • Story Notes (Text & Images)
  • Disk 3:
  • *THE PATH TO REDEMPTION DOCUMENTARY - Part I DEVELOPMENT
  • Part I: Good Intentions (Featurette)
  • "Tripoli" Overview & Gallery (Text & Images)
  • First Draft Screenplay by William Monahan (Text)
  • Story Notes (Text & Images)
  • Location Scout Gallery (Images)
  • *PRE-PRODUCTION
  • Part II: Faith and Courage (Featurette)
  • Screen Tests (Video and Commentary)
  • Cast Rehearsals (Video)
  • Costume & Weapon Design Featurette (Video)
  • Production Design / Conceptual Art / Costume Galleries (Text & Images)
  • *PRODUCTION: SPAIN
  • Part III: The Pilgrimage Begins (Featurette)
  • Creative Accuracy: The Scholars Speak (Video)
  • Storyboard Comparisons (Multi-Angle Video & Images)
  • Photo Galleries (Text & Images)
  • Disk 4:
  • *THE PATH TO REDEMPTION (Continued)
  • *PRODUCTION: MOROCCO
  • Part IV: Into The Promised Land (Featurette)
  • Unholy War: Mounting The Siege (Video)
  • Storyboard Comparisons (Multi-Angle Video & Images)
  • Photo Galleries (Text & Images)
  • *POST-PRODUCTION
  • Part V: The Burning Bush (Featurette)
  • Deleted & Alternate Scenes (Video & Commentary)
  • Sound Design Suite (Video & Audio)
  • Visual Effects Breakdowns (Video & Commentary)
  • *RELEASE
  • Part VI: Sins and Absolution (Featurette)
  • Trailers & TV Spots (Video & Commentary)
  • ShoWest Presentation (Video)
  • Press Junket Walkthrough (Video)
  • Japanese & London Premieres (Video)
  • Poster Explorations: Domestic & International (Images)
  • The Director's Cut & DVD Campaign (Video & Images)

Have fuuuuuuuuuuun !!! :2thumbs: (Already have pre-ordered it.) :cheer: It's kind of a Lord of the Rings Long Version pack !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :), people just to let you know the price in Amazon has decreased!!!!

I got this today :).

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are pleased to report that the price of the following item

has decreased.

"Kingdom of Heaven (2005) (4pc) (Ws Dir Sen)" [DVD]

OLD PRICE NEW PRICE

$23.99 $17.46

Your order total will be adjusted accordingly, and when the item is

shipped, the amount you pay will reflect the new, lower price(s).

Don't you love them?? :cheer: :yahoo:

Hugs, be well and take care, Monica

I was just looking at that. I can't decide what to do. Do I want to pre-order through Amazon or go somewhere to pick it up the day it's released? I wonder if Wal-Mart will have it. They'd be the closest to me and that's still half an hour away in any direction. I'd love nothing more than to help KB out, that's for sure, but my impatience (I know.character flaw)gets the better of me and I want to be able to watch it asap. I've ordered from Amazon before, but I generally do that with things I'm not in a hurry for. I'm wondering when I'd get it if I ordered it from them. I guess maybe I could pay for overnight shipping. The price is good enough that I wouldn't mind paying the extra for express. It'd probably be cheaper than the gas I'd spend to drive about 45 minutes to get it anyway. Any thoughts from those who've pre-ordered before?

That is great news, Monica! :2thumbs: Thank you for letting us know. :)

ETA: I just got the e-mail message from Amazon.Com also. :cheer:

ETA2: Leslie, I have ordered from Amazon.Com before and I have had good service in the past but that was when the item was already in stock. I usually don't pre-order that much but I wanted to help out Ka-bloom so I decided to pre-order this time. Hopefully they will be just as fast.

Kim

I got one of those emails, too! :cheer:

Spkles, I found out through trial and error that if you're willing to pay the 3 or 4 dollars for shipping with Amazon, you'll usually receive the DVD or other pre-ordered item the day of the release or the day after. If you opt for their free shipping, it takes longer. I hope that helps you decide. :) I figure 3 or 4 dollars is well worth NOT having to wait for anything Orlando. :blush:

Kathie

The thing is, the "day after the day of release" is one day too late for me. I'm just too impatient. I normally walk over from my office to Barnes and Nobles the moment they open to pick up whatever DVD or CD we're all dying to get. But $17.46 is quite a savings. B&N is listing it for $31. I think it's time to make a phone call to B&N and see what they can do.

I haven't pre-ordered from Amazon before, but my friend pre-ordered The Chronicles of Narnia, and it arrived the day before it was released. I usually get my DVDs at Target or Best Buy. They seem to have the best prices here. I think I'll look into what they'll be selling KOH for.

Faye, I'm with you, I can't wait to have it in my hands and I go to Best Buy or Target. If you find out what their price is likely to be, please let us know. I might be willing to forego the pleasure of going to Best Buy (yeah, right) if they aren't going to match Amazon's price.

Aliza

ETA: currently Best Buy's web site shows the director's cut DVD priced at $26.99!!!!! Amazon may be getting my $$ after all.

:) I have to say I have pre-ordered from Amazon a lot of times, all the Extended version of LOTR, Elizabethtown, and more and they are always on time, 2 of the extended editions arrived at my home 2 days before the release date!!! So I love them ;), and I'm truly happy this post worked for you :D.

Hugs :hug: , be well and take care, Monica

I normally use Barnes and Noble or some other book store, but they have the price as $36! I've never ordered from Amazon before, but it's starting to look really good, so could someone let me know if they run on time? I would love it if it would be at my house by the release date!

As Monica says in the post above, Amazon are usually very reliable and we have sometimes received DVDs a couple of days early.

Just a quick reminder that if you order from Amazon via our shop ( see the button under the banner), then Ka-Bloom will benefit too.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to pre-order so that my purchase benefits this wonderful site? :blink: I've been to the shop page, but I didn't see anything except the widescreen version for sale. I feel like a bit of a :dunce: !