ka-Bloom.org Forum

So, how many times have you seen it?

I went to see it for the third time on Sunday. I went by myself this time and I thought I'was going to have the theatre to myself, which would have been a bit surreal, until three other people turned up. I enjoyed the movie just as much as the first time.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I emerged from the theatre yesterday morning, all I wanted to do was buy another ticket and return. And believe me, it's nót only because of Orlando/Balian - the movie in itself is awesome too.

I felt the same way the last time I went to see it. And I love it more with each viewing.

Candi

Well, tonight was my 7th time! Yes, I'm obsessed and yes I love it that much!! :) Not a bad showing either, was completely expecting to be the only one in the audience but was very pleased to see at least 60 people there tonight! :shiny:

Mary :heart:

Oh, that's great to hear, Mary!

I plan to go this weekend and make it my 6th time. It's still here showing 4 times a day.but I'm afraid that next weekend might be it until it comes out on the smaller, cheap theater later in the summer/early fall. That theater usually runs the big hits again in the cinema about 2 weeks before the DVD comes out.

So, I plan to hit the theater at least once more before it's gone.

I just lovelovelove the movie!

I saw it for my 5th time on Thursday. Not only was it my 5th but also my last. It's gone from all my local theaters. I even checked for theaters a hour away. Yes I would travel an hour or two just to see it again. No theaters out here have it anymore! It's so sad. :cry:

I've seen it twice so far. I'm going to see it at least one more time in the next week before they pull it from our theaters. I can't believe it's going away so quickly. :cry:

I love this movie. I'll have to make sure I buy the DVD as gifts for everyone I know. It's the only other way I can show my support for it.

Well, I'm stopped at two times. I was going for a third viewing this weekend, but it left our town this past Thursday. The last showing was at 10 p.m. that night and I couldn't get there. :(

So, DVD purchase, here I come!

Welshwoman

Saw it for the 6th time today. Don't know if it'll still be here next weekend, but I'd like to make one more showing before it leaves the theaters. October is a long time to wait for Balian.

I was glad to see about 25 people in the theater today.

Enjoyed it immensely.again. It truly is a powerful movie and I realize just how much Orlando grew through the film, personally it would seem, and as well as an actor.

Just got back from my 4th viewing. I swear, each time I see it, I discover some little nuance I hadn't noticed before.

When Ternell and I walked in the theater about 10 minutes before the start, it was empty! For a few minutes there I thought we'd have the room to ourselves. We ended up watching it with about 50 other people.

Well, I've seen KOH 3 times. I love it more and more with each viewing as well. I was confused when I left the theater the first time around but it all became more clear the second and third time. I'm not sure if I'll see again before it leaves the theater or not. If I don't see it again I'll certainly be buying the DVD when it comes out.

~Ivy~

I'm just back from my fourth viewing. The theater seemed to fill quickly. It wasn't completely full, but the turn out was around 100, I'd say. A good mix too. I saw a lot of young guys, young and old couples, and some kids.

I'm hoping it will still be here next weekend. If not, it should go to a second run theater around here and I'll definitely see it while it's there.

I still can't wait for the extended dvd.

Candi

I have seen it 3 times now, and that's probably it until the DVD. :cry: All 3 times were wonderful, and all different. I'll echo all you guys and say I can't wait for the DVD release. It's a brilliant movie that deserved so much more recognition than it received, and I hope Orlando is proud of his work in it. :crusader:

In addition, when Sybilla is leaving, she's on her horse, and she takes the charm that Balian is wearing around his neck in her hand and kisses it.  This charm obviously has some significance, but we don't know what it is.

earthcrosser, I think what Balian is wearing around his neck is the ring his father gave him. So maybe Sibylla kisses it as a sign of her love for all Barons of Ibelin. :rolleyes:

It saddens me to see this film being reduced so fast. I think it is just starting to get recognized through good word-of-mouth. I wish the theatres would give this film some more time. :( And while I think it will never happen, I wish FOX would re-release this sometime in October or November, having re-edited it somewhat. Sigh. A wonderful movie that failed to get recognized.

I saw it for the second time late last night. I actually went with my little brother since he hadn't seen it (I have the world's best brother). I may see it one more time, but that will be it.

I'd seen it four times, and hope to see it again this week, since here in my city it is still working, and I don't do it for the box office because I think that is a lost cause, but because I want to enjoy this great movie in the big screen at least one more time, I love to see this kind of movies several times, and since I saw ROTK five times just want to equalize my own record, maybe beat it. :whistle:

I've seen it 4 times, but I dont think I will be getting another chance to see it again, as starwars seems to have taken over at local cinema and its only on a few times now. :(

I'm now really looking forward to the DVD.

Pip.

6 Times :cheer:

I was surprised at the good amount of people in the theater for this afternoon's showing of KOH !! Word of mouth must be spreading that KOH is well worth seeing.

It's too bad though, cause it looks like this is the last week at this theater for KOH. Maybe bigger theaters in my city will still show it next week. I hope so.

I'm with you, Suzie :2thumbs: If only 20th Century Fox would decide to bring it back in the fall for a couple of weeks, with a special promotion "In case you missed the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR".....here's your chance to Kingdom of Heaven" :cheer: Then perhaps it would receive some attention at Oscar nomination time.

The more I saw KOH, the more I realized how much I loved it. It now is my favorite Orlando movie, and that includes LOTR, POTC & Troy. I will always love Legolas and Will and Paris, but they did not dominate their movies the way Balian dominated KOH !!! He was awesome! :w00t:

I've seen it twice and was hoping to see it a third time this weekend. But when I checked my local theater, they had already pulled it. :(

I'm sure it's still playing in the larger cities. So maybe I will still have an opportunity to see it one more time before it is gone completly. :crusader:

I've seen it nine times, and hoping to get one more showing in, though it's down to two screenings a day here (and not the most convenient times). That's the most I've seen any film ever in the cinema - and the more I see it, the more I see in it, it truly is a wonderful film. I just hope that some time there's an opportunity to see the extended version on a big screen as the tv really can't do it justice.

"I've seen it nine times, and hoping to get one more showing in, though it's down to two screenings a day here (and not the most convenient times). That's the most I've seen any film ever in the cinema - and the more I see it, the more I see in it, it truly is a wonderful film. I just hope that some time there's an opportunity to see the extended version on a big screen as the tv really can't do it justice. "

I agree with everything you said, Aniethen, especially the part I highlighted. Like you, the more I see it, the more I love it. I just am so dismayed that more moviegoers didn't get a chance to view and appreciate this wonderful movie because some early critics scared them away. :cry: Those of us who did see it came away in awe and amazement that Ridley Scott could portray such an outstanding story with such a wonderful lesson for the world today. It should have been required viewing for everyone !! :angry:

Like you too I hope that the extended version will make it to the big screen. I will be one of the first on line to see it if it is !! :clap:

I saw it again for the 3RD (and final) time on Thursday since I knew it would be gone from my local theaters the next day to make way for Lords of Dogtown, Cinderella Man, and some other silly summer trivia - can't remember the name.

It's unbelievably sad that this beautiful film (KOH) failed to capture American audiences. I realize the success generated by KOH overseas makes up, in some measure, for its poor showing here. But unfortunately, in order to turn a "nice profit" for the studio and thus be considered a "successful" film, it must also do well here. It just IRRITATES me that KOH may forever be labeled a box office "failure" for that reason. :(

NOW - on a more POSITIVE note - ELIZABETHTOWN IS STILL TO COME!! :clap:

Guest Jeni

It left already! We're waiting for it to go to the dollar theaters downtown so we can spend the day watching it over and over again for a fraction of the price we'd pay at the regular theaters.