Sign in to follow this  
Guest sweetbaby231

Orlando vs. J.Lo

Guest sweetbaby231

I found this courtesy of MSN.com. It's just a small little blurb, but they do this with the other movies coming out this summer. At least it confirms that 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' will NOT be opening that weekend, thank god.

Classic Action vs. Classic Actress

The Movies: "Kingdom of Heaven" vs. "Monster-in-Law"

The Date: May 6

The Battle: Can Ridley Scott's epic Crusades adventure starring Orlando Bloom best the comic comeback of Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda? Both should open fine, but never underestimate America's love for an underdog. especially those poking fun at themselves with Wanda Sykes in tow.

Link

Orlando or J.Lo? The answer is quite obvious. :blink:

I just love Wanda Sykes. However, I couldn't sit through a film that had just a freakin' fleeting glimpse of J.Lo, let alone one 'starring' her.

That would be a no-brainer even without KOH opening against it. :lol:

Orlando vs. JLo? Come on, even the guys are going to want to go see Kingdom of Heaven that weekend! Definitely a no-brainer. :knight:

No doubt that KOH will open number one in theatres if the only real competition is a chick flick with Jennifer Lopez. I like her and think she is an allright actress, but Kingdom of Heaven is going to take down any competitors. :boxing:

I saw the Classic Action vs Classic Actress and my first thought was :wtf: are those idiots at MSN thinking? J.Lo a classic actress? :lmao:

Then, of course, I realized they were referring to the REAL actress in the movie, Jane Fonda.

Sorry, MSN, for ever doubting you.

Zoe

PS. Action will trump comedy nearly every time (unless it's a Pixar animated flick and then all bets are off)

Orlando vs. JLo? Come on, even the guys are going to want to go see Kingdom of Heaven that weekend! Definitely a no-brainer. :knight:

Faye, I'm with you on this! I think KOH will score big at the box office that weekend. And not because of Orlando. :tomato: Now, before you go throwing those tomatoes, let me explain. If the men have any say in these things, they'll want to see a good epic battle flick. And as we all know, not every female knows of Orlando. Shocking, I know! But I think they'll be curious about an epic film about a real historic event.

And those are my 2 cents. :)

Candi

I like these new smilies! :liar: :jumpy:

Guest EntropyGoddess

:doh: I read the thread title and subtitle, and thought for a second, "Oh my God, MSN somehow got word about the KOHnvention??!? But wait. what does J.Lo have to do with us?"

To have a comeback, doesn't an actress/singer/designer/diva/publicity seeker have to NOT be totally overexposed in every field of the media already?

Oh wow, that'll be such a hard choice! :O

Stop worrying! I'm being sarcastic! :lol:

Guest MDragon

Tough one. :lol:

I'm pretty sure Orlando could win this one. C'mon now folks, who really wants to see a J. Lo movie anyway? :oh:

C'mon now folks, who really wants to see a J. Lo movie anyway? :oh:

Judging from her latest box-office tallies.nobody. :blink:

Guest h_gaxiola
C'mon now folks, who really wants to see a J. Lo movie anyway? :oh:

Judging from her latest box-office tallies.nobody. :blink:

Ouch. Good one though.

P.S. Do we should like a pack of carnavours (sp?) or what? :lol: Don't mess with our boy man! -- :boxing:.

Ok, I'm going to get snippy. You guys should read the news updates. I don't put them there just because you know.

.<snip>

More shifting

In other chess moves, the schedule logjam for May 6 worked its way out this week when two of the four major pics skedded for that frame moved.

Disney has pushed up "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" a week earlier to April 29, while New Line is pushing Jennifer Lopez-Jane Fonda laffer "Monster-in-Law" a week later to May 13.

The two films remaining in the first week of May, which in recent years has marked the unofficial start of the summer season, are 20th Century Fox's Ridley Scott epic "Kingdom of Heaven" and Warner Bros.' horror remake "House of Wax."

LINK

The only competition KOH has is House of Wax. Everything else has moved off the date. Geeze Louise people.

Guest sweetbaby231

I swear I read that MovieIMP, but I missed the memo that Monster-In-Law was moving down to May 13. Sorry about that.

I guess since 'House of Wax' is the only competition against KOH, this begs a different, and probably a more difficult question for Ka-Bloomies.

Orlando or Paris Hilton? :rolleyes:

To have a comeback, doesn't an actress/singer/designer/diva/publicity seeker have to NOT be totally overexposed in every field of the media already?

Let's analyze that description, shall we? :lol:

Singer?

I don't think so. Witness her duet with alleged husband on the Grammys; he is definitely a singer, an outstanding one, and she MORE than paled by comparison. Tip: Do not perform on national/international television with someone leagues above you in talent. No matter how much he loves you and begs you to do it.

Actress?

Gigli. I rest my case.

Designer?

Possibly, for the average streetwalker. Certainly not my taste.

Diva?

Well, if one means Diva in the behavioral sense, aka a Prima Donna, then yes. Diva in the Goddess sense? *snerk*

Publicity Seeker?

She certainly has been in the past. Maybe the alleged husband has shown her the way in that regard. And for that, I will be forever grateful to him.

(I'm not a J.Lo fan AT ALL. Couldja tell?)

More shifting

In other chess moves, the schedule logjam for May 6 worked its way out this week when two of the four major pics skedded for that frame moved.

Disney has pushed up "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" a week earlier to April 29, while New Line is pushing Jennifer Lopez-Jane Fonda laffer "Monster-in-Law" a week later to May 13.

The two films remaining in the first week of May, which in recent years has marked the unofficial start of the summer season, are 20th Century Fox's Ridley Scott epic "Kingdom of Heaven" and Warner Bros.' horror remake "House of Wax."

LINK

This means Kingdom of Heaven will definitely be number 1 at the box office for two weeks!

Jan - No, I couldn't tell you didn't like J-Lo. :lol:

Guest EntropyGoddess

Let's analyze that description, shall we? :lol:

Oh, I'm right with you, Jan. I don't have any great regard for her talents in anything I've seen or heard; I was just trying to think what she might write on a form asking for her "occupation."

Though I hear the J.Lo lingerie line is a big hit here in Atlanta. No. Just, no. Orlando Bloom wins this celebrity smackdown hands down.

Orlando or J-Lo? Orlando or Paris Hilton? Hmm, that will take some thought :lol: . Talk about your unfair competition. Here's hoping KOH can hold the # 1 place for two weeks. But then "Star Wars" comes out and I'm thinking that's going to be huge.

I'm sure Star Wars will be no 1 the week it's released, but I bet KOH has more staying power. It looks to be one of those movies where word of mouth will pull people into the theatre long after the initial advertizing blitz.

I Believe!!! :knight:

~squiggles

Orlando or J.Lo?

:wtf: Soo, is this a serious question?

Uhhh, DUH. Orlando.

Side note: Never seen a J.Lo movie in theaters. Never cared.