Jan

12 posts in this topic

:lol:

Jas found these deep within the Rex archives, and wanted them for OBM. I don't remember seeing them before, but I also don't remember what I had for dinner last night. :blink:

KOHSet_Rex453047A.jpg

KOHSet_Rex453047B.jpg

KOHSet_Rex453047C.jpg

They look vaguely familiar - but that might be because I've seen pictures of the set before, not because I've seen these set pictures.

And on any other day they probably would have been really exciting, Jan! :lol:

OO - Orlando Overload.

Kathryn.

For some reason, the first one vaguely reminds me of that British Museum in The Mummy.

I don't think I've seen these before, but then again. :huh:

Now I'm confused as well.

Obviously we've all had WAY too much Orlando goodness in the last few days. :wub:

It's interesting to see them though. Thanks Jan.

Those are fun to see! Thanks! This movie is going to be spectacular. Of course, Orlando will be the most breathtaking part of the film, but the sets and cinematography look excellent as well. :w00t:

Great photos. It's interesting to have the trucks and trailers there; it gives a sense of the size of the sets.

I wonder whether these ugly statues were made by the same people who made the ugly statues for Troy?

Well, I hadn't seen these set pics before. Thanks for posting them Jan. I'm really excited about this movie. I think it will be great. And that view looks absolutely amazing.

~Ivy~

I hadn't seen any of these pics before, and Orlando Overload or not, I'm 100 % sure of that :lol: (about the only thing I'm still sure of now).

Thanks for posting them Jan, it's always fascinating to see movie set pictures. it's great to get a look behind. Can't wait for KOH !! 106 days to go if I've been counting right ! :w00t: We're getting there !

Not that I'm counting or something :blush: .

:lol: Oh my gosh. I had to laugh at myself. I was so confused when I saw those pictures. I said to myself (out loud, of course), "I don't remember seeing that in Lord of the Rings." :lol: I had just come from the LOTR area and I reckon I still had that on my brain.

Anyway, thanks for sharing Jan. Looks great!

I love seeing on-set pictures of the location of films so thanks very much, Jan :shiny: . I am interested in KOH especially because it is a Sir Ridley Scott film and he is a director who always keeps a sharp eye, an artist's eye, on cinematography and sets. The cinematography and sets in 'Gladiator' for example, are breathtaking. Aesthetically, Ridley Scott delivers!

In the feature from the Chicago Museum, you can view the production designer or a member of the team responsible for set creation (I'm sorry I cannot remember exactly :blush: ) saying that Sir Ridley Scott, as an artist himself, always goes in depth and detail into the sets.

I certainly don't expect irritating mistakes such as the statue of Apollo in 'Troy' from a Ridley Scott film. :angry: That was a terrible piece of work.

I wonder whether these ugly statues were made by the same people who made the ugly statues for Troy?

Actually, I'm a bit confused about that since what are Egyptian statues doing in Jerusalem :huh: ? But perhaps that is the outside of a set of which Ridley Scott has used the inside of because I can't imagine him dumping Egyptian statues in the midst of the Crusades.!

Ooh I love seeing set pictures! I haven't seen those yet, so thanks for posting them Jan. I love how there's cars out there, it makes me laugh. :lol:

Set looks amazing! I can't wait!

Hanna