HeySailor

Official KOH Websites

And now they're going "They've been WAITING for it?? It's only DECEMBER! They've found the TYPOS?? BUT IT'S CHRISTMAS WEEK, for God's sake!  Don't these people have LIVES?!?!??"

They have NO IDEA who they're dealing with.  :smoke:

Dairwendan

Very soon, these Studios will learn.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE INTEREST OF KABLOOMIES, WHEN IT COMES TO OUR FAVORITE BOY/MAN ACTOR. :boxing:

Not to mention the gush factor caliber of the rest of the cast. I for one cannot wait to see this movie. I was not the greatest fan of Gladiator and I wasn't sure about this one at first, (I never doubted Orlando, of course) but this film looks like it has tremendous potential to do very, very well. :clap:

Come on May!!! :towel: :shower:

I just want to add that I've said I like this site because I truely do. If I had designed it, I would be extremely proud of it.

If I hadn't liked it, I would have said and given my reason for it. Everyone has their own opinions and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I hope I'm not now going to be classed as someone who, as Jan said "Gives blanket approvals of everything about the object d'gush".

What I wrote in my post above is what I mean and what I'm sticking to. If anything comes along that I don't like then I will say.

Guest Ecate

Well,the KoH site is very poor but I think they'll improve it, 'cause there aren't lot of things that you can normally find in every (good) movie site, like the cast-crew biography (I think they'll pop up when you choose the picture ) mainly, or more about the story.for example like the "Pirates" site, you know.anyway I like the images (not so the poster), and.ok, Orlando never look so MAN before, and I really, really love it.but please take a look to Marton Csokas too.. :drool::drool:

They have NO IDEA who they're dealing with. :smoke:

No they don't do they? When will they learn? We are a force to be reckoned with! :lmao:

Ok, It's not great, but the sites not bad either! The point at this stage is to provide some basic info and an on-line trailer for those that knew nothing of KOH until they saw the trailer in the cinema, and are hopefully coming home and Googling, job done.

What I do like is that KOH is being marketed as a proper grown up actors movie, not as epic eye candy a la Troy. The director and cast are at the fore in this site, all of them, and when you consider what a high caliber cast KOH has that the right way to go.

I actually like the fact, as others have mentioned, that although Orlando is the lead in this movie, he is not, being marketed as a 'pretty boy' movie star, a la Troy, but as a proper actor holding his own alongside Neeson and Irons!!! :shiny: The emphasis on Orlando will be with us closer to the release of the movie, but I am glad that this is not being marketed as an Orlando movie, as we all know that would put some people off :wink: , people that this movie will hopefully convert!

I also like the emphasis on the battle scenes, which have been used as a panorama style background on the site, big battle scenes, that should hopefully draw in the LOTR fans, many of whom have already heard of KOH. Ladies that's a lot of bums on seats!

Don't expect massive clips or plot details, as I have said before, Ridley Scott does not tend to leak plotlines etc from his films, a wise move, who wants to go and see a film that they feel they have already seen, because they have watched umpteen clips on E! etc.

If they keep the emphasis on the quality cast and director, rather than macho posing or attempting to be contraversial a la Alexander, I'm happy. I want to see KOH and I want others who are non-Orlando fans to see it as well.the more the merrier.

Diane

Regarding the description of Orlando from Dark Horizons' write-up about the KOH website that MovieImp posted in today's News.

What's a "Pommie bad boy?"

Thanks.

I'm not concerned about the Website(yet). It's only the beginning.

This is a Ridley Scott's movie ,one of the most respectable directors.

And he knows, as no other, how to make a great movie.

The Website is not ready, of course. And I think the fact they have put a manly image of Orlando is not bad at all.

When I opened the website, there were a few friends around me and they watched the trailer and were amazed.

One of them said: "who is this actor, he seems familiar to me".

One of the girls(of course) answered:"he's the pirate!

And the reaction was :"Really?"

Everybody loved it.

And I have to say , with "The Brit Brigade"- Jeremy Irons, Liam Neeson and Brendan Gleeson- nothing can go wrong. Brillant!

We just have to be patient and wait for the best!

Giovanna

Regarding the description of Orlando from Dark Horizons' write-up about the KOH website that MovieImp posted in today's News.

Thanks.

Good Lord where on earth did they get the impression that his image was as any kind of bad boy, nevermind a "pommie" one!? :rofl:

Isn't "pommie" the Aussie slang for English?

ETA: Ummm.Gionanna.Liam Neeson is Irish! :rolleyes:

Ok, It's not great, but the sites not bad either! The point at this stage is to provide some basic info and an on-line trailer for those that knew nothing of KOH until they saw the trailer in the cinema, and are hopefully coming home and Googling, job done.

What I do like is that KOH is being marketed as a proper grown up actors movie, not as epic eye candy a la Troy. The director and cast are at the fore in this site, all of them, and when you consider what a high caliber cast KOH has that the right way to go.

Amen. I feel distinctly confident in the marketing approach so far. They are right on track in my humble opinion.

Thanks.

"Pommie" is Australian slang for British. It can be both disparaging and loving, depending on the context. It is usually accompanied by the word "bastard" (i.e. the full expression is "Pommie bastard"). According to a magistrate's ruling in a defamation case this is a "term of affection".

Thanks for the translations. I was just laughing over the silver dollar nipples and wondering if Garth visits the Gutter around here.

Guest wginc

Ridley Scott is a very profound Director. Out of all of the actors in Hollywood.Ridley Scott chose Orlando Bloom to portray the role of Balian in his film. I will love him forever for giving Orlando this exquisite opportunity.

He has worked with him before, and saw Orlando's gifts in Black Hawk Down. Of this I am certain. This film will mark a time period in Orlando Bloom's life that will change him forever. He has a lot to be thankful for and truly a lot to be proud of.

Orlando is very blessed. He has worked with some of the most powerful Directors in the industry.

Brendan Gleeson's name has been corrected on the website. I have just had the opportunity to visit. It is truly amazing. I'm certain their will be many additions and changes to the website as time moves on. I for one will be visiting quite frequently. I love the poster of him also, and I love the website. It's Orlando Bloom's time now. I'm glad that I'm fortunate enough to have lived to see his time come to life. :wink:

Guest Dorothy

Someone noticed that Orlando's hair and the banners don't blow in the same direction. But there's is probably not a lot of wind (So the banners don't really move): Orlando is fighting and running and that is why his hair blows in that direction.

Does that sound as a good explanation? :unsure:

Found something lovely from the official UK Website - click for the uncropped version:

SiteUK_Teaser06_550.jpg

*meeeeeeep*

:O WOAH!

Heee-llo. My Saturday just got a whole lot better.

Crikey. This film is going to be the death of me. This and the thought of 'more naked Orlando' is just about doing me in already.

Thanks for that, Jan.

Ngggg.

LG

PS. Eva my dear, why on earth are you kissing his beard :blink: ?

She's working her way up.

Lucky, lucky girl.

Is it May yet?

I believe. :crusader:

Holy whiskers in the teeth, Batman. :hellyeah: I'd be willing to floss after an encounter like that. Dayum. :balian:

She's working her way up.

Or down. :paperbag:

I can't help but wonder what sort of decision-making led to the conclusion that this photo should appear on the UK site but not the US site. What deep, profound conclusions did they reach about the psychology of moviegoers in the two countries?

I can't help but wonder what sort of decision-making led to the conclusion that this photo should appear on the UK site but not the US site. What deep, profound conclusions did they reach about the psychology of moviegoers in the two countries?

Perhaps they were using the UK as a test area for female reaction. A squeeometer, if you will. They release the picture in the UK, and if the collective British squee doesn't cause any major structural damage or deafen too many dogs, they'll put it out to the larger population of America.

As one of the Brits tested, may I just say:

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

Aaaah, that feels so much better :smoke: .

LG

Well, good morning Balian!

Thanks, Jan. It sure was nice to log in to find this after not being able to use any computers last night. (Had to shut everything down. We had quite a storm with a lot of thunder and lightning last night.)

l_g: Squeeometer indeed! :lol:

Ahem. the Continental European Squeeometer just went up a few degrees. :blush: As well as the temperature in my room.

Thanks for posting! :fan:

Squeeometer working extremely well in the UK, it suddenly got hot in here together with shivers down my spine. :shower::faint::giveup: Thanks for posting Jan.

Edited by stopjaxh

URK!

Holy Hannah! Thanks, Jan!

I'm thinking the lovely Princess knows a thing or two about serving her subjects. It's a serious responsibility, y'know. :wink: