Galor5

116 posts in this topic

I just found this posted on orlando_daily LJ

koh_teaser_banner.jpg

"Looks" like a KOH teaser poster, though it looks a bit like it's fan made. :blink:

Whatever it is, it's still beautiful! Check out that Nuzzle Zone! *winks at Jet*

:faint:

Guest sweetbaby231

I think that is the official poster, since I recall in the trailer discussion thread that suspirium saw the poster in her theatre and her description fits the poster really well:

Here's the Link to her post: Clicky Click

For that at least I hope I was prepared, but nothing prepared me for when I first walked in and there's a massive poster for KOH. The lobby at my town's movie theatre is really tall and this poster covered almost the whole wall. Two or three times bigger than life size, and it's just a picture of him :w00t:, not even his name just From the director of Gladiator; Kingdom of Heaven. He's running from right to left, holding his sword horizontally across the bottom and has a real battle grimace look on his face. I stood there starring at it for much longer that is neccessary. :paperbag: I hope no one has this poster already posted on here, but I was too excited to post to really look. Sorry for the squeeing, but it was a really great, HUGE, poster.  :ph34r:

As for the poster, that is one sexy, fierce looking MAN. :smoke:

Well then maybe it IS the poster! Cool! :w00t:

I really can't wait to see this movie now! The excitement continues to mount!

I know I posted this earlier in the KOH publicity stills thread, but I couldn't resist posting it here as well!

I found this on orlando-daily LJ:

A "possible" KOH teaser poster :

koh_teaser_banner.jpg

How totally scrumptious does he look?! :wub:

Beautiful! But I wonder if it's the official teaser poster? Do you know how that person found it, Gayla?

Beautiful! But I wonder if it's the official teaser poster? Do you know how that person found it, Gayla?

I was wondering the same thing. I've seen it around, and everyone seems to think it's going to be official, but I'm having a hard time believing it. It just doesn't look very official. Mostly because I have the Photoshop brush that was used to make that edge effect around his picture and I can't picture a movie studio using the same brush. :)

Hmmm... yeah. And it's also a bit wonky *tilts head slightly to one side*. And I think Mr. Scott would want his name on it - rather than just the name of his last movie. Absolutely stunning none-the-less. Wouldn't it be lovely if that was one of the posters - imagine finding that plastered up on your bus stop first thing in the morning (do they do that with movie posters in America? :huh: ). Anyway, thank you very much Gayla :notworthy: !

LG

Yeah I posted my doubts about the authencity in the other thread, because it doesn't "look" authentic, but someone pointed out that another ka-Bloomie had seen a poster like this one in the theater so I thought maybe it was real. hmmm who knows? :huh: Though I do like the way he looks in it! :wub:

Wouldn't it be lovely if that was one of the posters - imagine finding that plastered up on your bus stop first thing in the morning (do they do that with movie posters in America? :huh: ).

OMG L_G, well they sure do that overhere. I remember driving to my work (still very sleepy as usual due to the late hours of kabloom, lol) and passing by a busstop that had the POTC poster up. MAN.. I nearly drove into the thing.

I remember thinking.. what if I had ran into it, I could easily have ripped the poster out of the broken glass :paperbag: I know.. not the way of the decent citizen, but hey. it's Orlando we're talking about. He does strange things to my mind.

So I ended up contacting the company who put the posters in the busstops, lol. But they had ran out of them.

Argg.. well, if you get a newsflash about something weird going on in Dutch busstops with the KOH-posters.. you'll know that Ellen's been on a hit and run mission.

If this is the official poster, why the heck did they make him left-handed?

ohhhhh good point! hmmm :unsure:

Well I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of possible poster ideas popping up now that the trailer is out! Which is good for us, seeing how the subject is so pretty! :wub:

:oops::O How perceptive! I didn't even notice.. couldn't get past that gorgeous.. (don't go there.. :shower: )

Guest sweetbaby231

One of our members, suspirium, saw the poster itself in her movie theatre and gave a description which pretty much describes this poster, so I think it might be official (I re-posted her message in the KOH stills thread if you want to take a look). Also, Serein, the person who scanned the poster at the LJ, usually gets some exclusive photos of Orlando. I don't know how exactly she gets them, but I remember a while ago that she got some "outtakes" from the InStyle photo shoot (The leather jacket one that he wore in the Haven junkets)

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that this might be the official one. I wonder if suspirium can confirm this for us if she's on soon. :huh:

Wow, well spotted! In technical terms, Orlando's face is really quite symmetrical - psychologists would argue that this is what makes his face attractive. Therefore, he doesn't look freaky when his photo is flipped (well, not all the time anyway - I've had enough experience of fanart to know that not every photo can be successfully flipped :lol: ). Our man's got to be a graphic designer's dream - you can flip his picture and his still looks gorgeous.

Don't see quite why they couldn't have had him running the other way though... maybe it was a composition thing.

LG

Hmm. This is turning into quite a discussion.. I myself am having doubts as to the authenticity of this poster, dashing and daring it may be.

As far as your comparison goes, Ellen my gut feel goes with the right way round one as being the right way round Orlando - it just looks better. But my confusion is heightened because we know Orlando is right handed and he's clearly holding the sword in his left hand.. but note the pinkie ring... In that publicity shot of him crouching on the ground, leaning on his sword, he is wearing that very pinkie ring on his left hand. This now begs the following questions - does he have a ring on both hands? Was that other picture also flipped? Is Orlando ampidextrous? (sp?) :blink:

And one other thing that bothered me about the poster (despite the weird choice of text) - the banners are being blown from right to left, his hair is blowing from left to right.. Sure, he's running forward so this may be a completely mute point, but that looks like a pretty strong breeze catching those banners.. :shiny:

Cheers

CC :meow:

ETA

Screen cap of Balian in very same outfit as poster - note ring on left hand. the plot thickens!

Trailer1_Cap34.jpg

Woah! :O VERY perceptive, indeed! Maybe it is the unfinished version of what suspirium saw in the theatre.

It's a veeerry nice poster indeed, and I think me likes it even if it is just a clever piece of fan experimentation.

Maybe in this particular shot, he's just holding the sword in his left hand. :wink: Any blacksmith or soldier, or in fact any one who learns a skill involving their body, would have to have some skill with their weaker side, if they were to be good enough at what they did.

Ray :leg:

Maybe there's a scene in which Balian enlists the help of a mad scientist who cleverly manages to create a nifty mirror-image Balian to outwit the enemy (and, inadvertently, the fangirls). While the enemy are all thinking " :blink: I'm sure Balian was wielding that large shiny sword with his right hand a minute ago.", he will have already charged through and lopped off their heads.

Or possibly not :paperbag: .

LG

Well, if that's a genuine poster...I'm extremely disappointed.

Geri does a better job on the Board banners than that. :angry:

I know I posted this earlier in the KOH publicity stills thread, but I couldn't resist posting it here as well!

Geez, Gayle, you've been here long enough to know how I feel about double posting.

I'm pulling the 'poster' stuff together into its own thread.

Well, if that's a genuine poster.I'm extremely disappointed.

Geri does a better job on the Board banners than that. :angry:

I fully agree with you there Jan, it looks pityful for such a great production.

And I have to agree with CC too. And you're right about the wind. Now we (lol, graphics maidens) know how relatively "easy" it is to lift him from his original background and place him in an entirely new one. So maybe this was done here too.

And I've done some crosschecking, in every pic, still or else, he's carrying his sword in his right hand. The sheat is hanging on his left side, the logical way to place a sheat when you're a righthanded knight who has to pull his sword at a moment's notice.

Some examples. For easy reference I cropped them:

(thanks for the use of the caps guys)

reference.jpg

No, there's something rotten in the state of Jerusalem if you ask me :wink:

OK, other problems I have with it.

~ The sword is gold-colored. And yet in all the trailer and publicity shots, it's steel.

~ The glove is brown. Previously, it's shown as gray.

~ I think someone may have mentioned it before: The flag and the hair are going in the opposite direction. It was obviously composited - but by a bonehead.

Of course, the Fox art department could very well be Photoshopping the hell out of it too. Wouldn't be the first time.

I don't know, it just reeks to me.

ETA: Serein used to be Admin here, and she receives her pictures the same way I/we still do: Someone sends them in. It's a double-edged sword, as you can't tell the provenance of items sent to you.

Just noticed something else. The font is all wrong. The position of the words in not the problem, but it's a different font from the trailer entirely. Now that's something unheard of. The font is one of the characteristics of a movie, it's something that lingers in the subconcious. (aka the HP font, the Matrix-font, the Star Wars font, you name it)

Sure, it looks like it, but it's not the same.

Font from the trailer: font1.jpg

Font from the poster: font.jpg

Also, why capitalize DIRECTOR as well as GLADIATOR? One doesn't ordinarily do that, I think.

But on the other hand, if this is fake, where did the photo of Orlando come from? It's not from the trailer, as far as I can tell. And it's not one of the publicity stills.

Maybe it isn't even Orlando???