Sign in to follow this  
Kira

14 posts in this topic

With thanks to A. Bernard for sending it to me, we finally have a face to put with the name:

gmassoud.jpg

Ghassan Massoud plays Saladin in KOH

Cheers,

Kira

Thanks Kira!

If you scroll down quick enough, he has a resemblance(sp?) to John Rhys-Davies, don't you think? And he looks like the "bad guy" of a movie!

Laia

Guest Rogue
If you scroll down quick enough, he has a resemblance(sp?) to John Rhys-Davies, don't you think?

My thoughts exactly! In fact, when I first saw the photo, I though that's who it was. :paperbag: Silly me.

He DOES look like John Rhyes-Davies at first glance. Can't wait to see the trailer, and is it May yet? It can't come soon enough!

Thanks Kira!

If you scroll down quick enough, he has a resemblance(sp?) to John Rhys-Davies, don't you think? And he looks like the "bad guy" of a movie!

Laia

What does it say about me that I thought F. Murray Abraham? :paperbag:

Thanks Kira!

Laia

What does it say about me that I thought F. Murray Abraham? :paperbag:

That you are reminded of F. Murray Abraham?? I thought of him too.

TF

Great face!! Looks like he'll make a wonderful protagonist for Orlando's character to play against. I'm so looking forward to this movie! I hope it is gritty and really gives Orlando a chance to shine and not be the 'pretty boy' type in it. Not that I have anything against our pretty 'boy/man', but I really would like to see him get taken seriously by other people than us very discerning Ka-bloomies.

-San

:lol: Well, he doesn't remind me of anybody . but then I don't get out much!!

Thanks Kira!! I just started reading a book, non-fiction, about the Third Crusade, Saladin, Richard, etc. and the chapter discussing the short-lived Kingdom of Jersalem is called "Kingdom of Heaven."

Now I have a face I can think of when reading the history of Saladin!

I am looking forward to seeing him play Saladdin, who was said to be a courageous and capable commander and a noble leader becsuse Mr. Massoud seems a very interesting, dignified and striking-looking man, able to carry this character off.

I have always been impressed with Sir Ridley Scott's ability to cast actors and actresses who are 'just right' for the roles he casts them in and he really seems to get the best performances from his cast.

Guest thanby_eh

You know, I about died when I saw the picture of Ghassan Massoud above and realized that he is going to play Salahudeen Al-Aoubi. I've seen him in quite a few Arabic television series, being part Arab myself (thanks, mom!), and speaking Arabic. I think he'll perform his role beautifully, as he tends to appear in a lot of drama type shows/series.

Guest earthcrosser

He really was amazing in this part. REALLY.

His face, his eyes.I loved the part when he was walking through the palace, and he finds the cross on the ground and picks it up.he was perfect for the part.