Guest treasurehunt

116 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know the UK release date for KOH? I heard June 1st 2005, but it's never definite, so does anyone know?

IMDb lists July 1, 2005. I'm sure that if it changes, you'll see it here.

Well, IMDB has not changed the date for the UK yet, but the Film Distributors Association in the UK, has an "Untitled" Ridley Scott project listed for release on May 6, 2005, up against The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I don't know how long that has been listed like that.

I can hear the fangirls across the Pond right now.

You know, I can not find myself a nice, helpful, friendly little website that lists upcoming movie releases for South Africa. We need one. Your Movies for Australia is a little gem.

I did however check with the largest distributor in South Africa, Ster Kinekor, but nothing comes up for KOH. Of course, I don't know whether they will even have it.

Aww. But thank you so much for trying! Of course, as soon as you said Ster Kinekor I did this :doh: because I could just have easily checked with them myself. Can you believe I didn't even think of that? I just assumed you were the all knowing guru! :wink:

I just really hope and pray we don't get the same nonsense as with Pirates. The world premiere was in July, and we got it in September! Still, I did get to go to the South African premiere, the one and only premiere I've ever been to! :w00t: So that was good. Nothing quite like KOH in Chicago though.

I'll keep hounding Ster Kinekor and our other distributor, Nu Metro. They're going to be sick of me by May next year. :devil:

Cheers

CC :meow:

Well, IMDB has not changed the date for the UK yet, but the Film Distributors Association in the UK, has an "Untitled" Ridley Scott project listed for release on May 6, 2005, up against The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I don't know how long that has been listed like that.

I can hear the fangirls across the Pond right now.

:w00t::Cloud9:

Please please please let this be KOH.

Kathryn

IMDB has changed its listing for the opening date of KINGDOM OF HEAVEN in Belgium from July 20, 2005 to May 4th (which probably also means the same date for France.) Woot for the Belgians!

Belgium 4 May 2005 

Germany 5 May 2005 

Italy 6 May 2005 

Spain 6 May 2005 

USA 6 May 2005 

UK 1 July 2005 

Argentina 7 July 2005 

Russia 14 July 2005 

Czech Republic 28 July 2005 

Finland 19 August 2005 

You can't believe how happy that makes me..

Now I can go see it BEFORE my exams, instead of having to long for it DURING them! :w00t:

And a fews days later Revenge of the Sith will be released. Boy, that's gonna be one happy happy happy month! :towel:

Leia, a very happy Belgian. :wink:

IMDB has changed its listing for the opening date of KINGDOM OF HEAVEN in Belgium from July 20, 2005 to May 4th (which probably also means the same date for France.) Woot for the Belgians!

Oh yes ! Oh yes please please please !! Is there a smilie for jumping up and down with joy ?

If this is really true, you'll all hear me shouting with joy, never mind where you live.

One more very happy Belgian :)

Guest sweetbaby231

I just found some interesting info regarding the competition. Not only does KOH go against The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but according to some sources, Monster In Law (Yes, the J.Lo movie) is also being released on May 6th.

Here's the proof

I doubt it, but I'd hate to see a Ridley Scott film make less money than a movie with J.Lo. The Horror! :fear:

Although Kingdom of Heaven still isn't listed on the Film Distributors' Association, IMDB have now changed the UK date to May 6th.

Looks like it will be KoH on the earliest possible showing for me, followed by HHGTTG - a very busy day.

:)

:w00t: I finally found out the release date for KOH in South Africa! 6 May 2005 - Yippeee! We don't have to wait like we did with Pirates. Course, the wonderful woman who runs the Nu Metro website now knows that I'm a mad Orlando Bloom fan. 'S okay though, she said she fancied Jason Statham so I could have him.. :devil:

Cheers

CC :meow:

I went back to the Film Distributors' Association page. Generally I've been searching for KOH by title, but this time I just went to May 2005, and alongside

Heimat 3,

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,

Monster-in-Law,

Mysterious Skin and

Twin Sisters

(the only one I've heard of is HHGTTG)

they list:

the Untitled Ridley Scott project.

Gee, I wonder what that could possibly be :rolleyes: ! But it does seem to confirm the date of May 6th for the UK - hurray.

Thanks for that info., Aniethen. Does anyone have any idea where and when the premieres for KOH will be?

May 4? Make that three very happy Belgians (even if I'm just a temporary Belgian!) I wonder who I can get to go with me.

they list:

the Untitled Ridley Scott project.

Aniethen, that's the way KOH is still called in the 'coming soon' listings of our cinema chain as well. you'd say they would know the title by now :lol: . Maybe I should enlighten them ?

Lokei, I seem to remember from our conversation when we had both just joined ka-Bloom, that you are living in Brussels, am I right ? Such a shame. I would love to go to see KOH with another ka-Bloomie, but Brussels really is a little out of the way for me. Not to mention the fact that my hubby would declare me nuts to go to the movies there, when we've got a near-to-perfection cinema complex ourselves in Antwerp.

Finnish release date is May 4, 2005 according to FS-Film.

Kingdom of Heaven - Taivas Maan Päällä.

IMDb.com has also updated the list

Belgium 4 May 2005 

Finland 4 May 2005 

Czech Republic 5 May 2005 

Germany 5 May 2005 

Netherlands 5 May 2005 

Estonia 6 May 2005 

Iceland 6 May 2005 

Italy 6 May 2005 

Spain 6 May 2005 

Turkey 6 May 2005 

UK 6 May 2005 

USA 6 May 2005 

Argentina 7 July 2005 

Russia 14 July 2005 

My apologies if someone already posted this. :)

Does this mean the OFFICIAL premiere is going to be in Belgium??? :w00t: I mean like. with the cast coming over here and stuff? :whistle:

Maybe too much to hope for but still. if you dream it and believe it, anything can happen! :wink:

Does this mean the OFFICIAL premiere is going to be in Belgium???  :w00t:  I mean like. with the cast coming over here and stuff?  :whistle:

Maybe too much to hope for but still. if you dream it and believe it, anything can happen!  :wink:

Leia, that thought crossed my mind as well from the very first time I read the release dates ! I guess it's asking too much though, but we can still hope eh ? And believe it or not. that week hubby and I were going to go abroad for a couple of days, but we've booked a cottage in the Ardennes instead. Just to be on the safe side :lol: . I would never forgive myself if the premiere would actually be here, and I would be in another country !

Keeping everything crossed. please all deities, can you see me sitting on my bare knees now ?

My friends laughed their socks off with me once they heard the reason why we're staying in Belgium as opposed to our original plans :paperbag: . Not to mention that my husband thinks I've lost my mind, but then again, he already knows so since a very long time.

Does this mean the OFFICIAL premiere is going to be in Belgium??? :w00t: I mean like. with the cast coming over here and stuff? :whistle:

Maybe too much to hope for but still. if you dream it and believe it, anything can happen! :wink:

Why not Finland? :rolleyes:

Like that would happen.

Why not Finland? :rolleyes:

Like that would happen.

You're absolutely right!

It's not fair isn't it? We're always left behind. :cry:

:hug:

The DEFINITIVE list for International Release Dates, from the official UK site. I'm posting it even though it is oversized.

SiteUK_ReleaseDates.jpg

Thanks for posting that, Jan!

The film will be release on May 5th in Portugal! :shiny: That's awesome. I wasn't expecting it would be so soon. Can't wait to see Balian on screen!

Thank you for posting the list, Jan! I see South Koreans are getting this the same day as we are. I wonder how this will do over there.

Fantastic release date news, Jan! No ka-Bloomie or Orlando Bloom fan will be left wanting in May! :crusader: (Well, wanting the opportunity to watch KOH at least. All other 'wanting' isa topic best left for The Gutter! :paperbag: )

Can you imagine what would happen if the first showing of KOH were held at the exact same time around the world? Seismographs would be going crazy and the seismologists would be unable to pinpoint the earthquake's epicenter. Little would they suspect that the massive activity was caused by plotzing :faint: in movie theaters. :lmao: Oh, and then there's all of the aftershocks caused by repeated viewings and discussions.

Guest Vicky

Yes! For once we in Scandinavia get to see it before everyone else! That's a first! :cheer:

And the day before my brother's birthday, guess what he's getting for present from me?! :rolleyes:

Guest Liriel

Thanks for posting Jan! Now I can get on the phone to my "partner in drooling" in Queensland and arrange for her to come down and view it with me! :drool:

Guest lora

I can't wait! Thank You, even though I already knew the date to when it will be released. It's confirmed now!