Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BigBird

Peter O'Toole does dummy spit

Recommended Posts

The following report is up at IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#3

Given the source, I leave it up to you, dear reader, how much salt you take with this.

O'Toole Slams 'Troy'

Legendary actor Peter O'Toole has launched a blistering attack at his last movie Troy and its director Wolfgang Petersen. O'Toole starred as Priam alongside a star-studded ensemble cast including Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom, and Diane Kruger in the mythical epic. But the 72-year-old Irish actor hated working with German film-maker Peterson and was disappointed with the finished product. He says, "Ugh, what a disaster. The director, that Kraut, what a clown he was. When it was all over, I watched 15 minutes of the finished movie and then walked out. At least I had one good scene."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised it was him that complained about Peterson's direction. I personally hated the direction but loved the movie anyway, but only because Orlando was great in it and looked amazing. I would have thought Mr. O'Toole would be a bit more professsional and a good bit less racist in his comments, but in general I agree.

In my opinion, Mr. Peterson set out to make Brad Pitt the all-in-one hero and to out-do LOTR in Special Effects and CGI. And as for the blaring soundtrack.yuk.

Sorry. :tomato:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I agree that Peterson made a mess of it. It was a movie that might have been great. I suspect he got good performances from most of the actors. IMHO he made some very bad choices in the way he put it all together.

I can believe O'Toole might talk that way, though I'm not taking the report for absolute truth. I don't think he's known for his subtlety.

TF

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMDb uses WENN for their information, which is 99% crap (and the other 1% is pretty close to crap).

Peter O'Toole has way too much class to have said something like that in public, let alone in private. He may not have liked the film, but I can't believe he would have made derrogatory remarks about Petersen.

I'm closing this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...