Guest Niamh

"The Journey is the Destination" - Dan Eldon pic

I've been on pins and needles waiting to hear something about the Dan Eldon picture. With or without Orlando linked to it, this project really needs to be done. Dan Eldon's life is an inspiration and his journals and photographs tell a stunning if not always pretty story.

Hearing Orlando use Dan's catch phrase made me squeal, literally. :wub:

Just so you all know, he actually used the phrase "the journey is the destination" in an interview about KOH.

I saw that too! I can't remember which clip it was though :huh: I too am really pushing for this one and think it would be an awesome career move and yet another excellent chance for him to show his acting chops. Maybe since he did mention it, it means he's becoming closer to "officially" signing on to do it. Maybe after POTC 2, 3 and a much needed break and vacation would be a good time to give it a go. *crosses fingers*

I agree completely, the perfect follow up to the big ones he has on tap now. If they're all as successful as we hope, he should have enough clout to start making some things he's interested in happen. Maybe the phrase slipped out because this story is on his mind.

I heard him say that too :cheer:

Hopefully it was because Journey, etc., was on his mind (cause he was signing in on it) and it just slipped out :whistle:

This would be a great movie for Orlando and a fine tribute to Dan Eldon. :2thumbs:

How strange connections can be!! I'm recently addicted to a new hobby --- rubber stamping/scrapbooking (I blame it all on becoming a grandmother for the first time 6 weeks ago) --- and I'm perusing a lovely magazine called Stampers' Sampler. I stumble across an advertisement asking for support of daneldon.org! I took a look around the website, not too deeply, I'm afraid it might depress me, but I thought THIS might interest our London area ka-Bloomies.

The website is beautiful, very artistic. I'm tyring to figure out why they advertised in this particular magazine, the connection totally escapes me. Unless Kathy and/or Amy are avid stampers?

Thanks for posting this Gina! There is a link to his journals on this page and you can see them even better than in the magazine I posted about. They are very artistic and creative; do you think they might be the connection for scrapbooking/artistic magazines?

:jacked: Oh, and Congratulations on the grandbaby! I had not heard this news; I'm sure you're loving every minute. :clap: