Sign in to follow this  
Patty

2 posts in this topic

NPR (National Public Radio) will have a feature on the Crusades this evening on “All Things Considered”, which is broadcast here in North Carolina from 4-6:30 p.m. Don’t know if there will be any mention of “Kingdom of Heaven”, but I wouldn’t be surprised, given the NY Times article. Here is the blurb from their website:

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The history of the Middle East and the West is a troubled one that goes back nearly a millennium, to the Crusades. Part one of our series on the Middle East and the West features a report on 200 years of Holy War.

The audio for this program will be available at approximately 7:30PM ET, 4:30PM PT.

http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/

Listening to the audio files is a good way to hear these features if you miss the broadcast or just want to repeat it.

Regardless of the existence/origins of any controversy concerning KOH, I think that education about and discussion of this seminal event is an all-round good thing.

Guest wginc

Thanks for the info. Patty. I grew up on NPR. :wink: Looking forward to the info. Audio files are my cup of tea. I don't always have time to read as I should. Audio files have helped me out of many tight spots while growing up and going through school, when I wasn't always able to do otherwise. It will prove to be quite interesting to see how things fair when this film surfaces.