Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iolite

Midsomer Murders

Guest Iolite

As posted at OBM:

Midsomer Murders on Biography Channel

posted by Marie, 08/10/04

Debbie reports: The Biography Channel is replaying the "Judgement Day" episode of Midsomer Murders on Sun. Aug. 15th at 9:00 pm (eastern).

The Biography Channel's site confirms it! :shiny: The blurb:

Midsomer Murders

Judgement Day   

Tune In: Sunday, August 15 @ 9pm ET/PT

Preparations for the Perfect Village Competition are interrupted when Peter Drinkwater turns up dead, a pitchfork protruding from his chest. Villagers try to hush up the killing, so as not to jeopardize their chances in the competition. John Nettles stars as Inspector Barnaby, with Daniel Casey as Sergeant Gavin Troy.  TV PG

I don't get biography channel. :cry: Does anyone know where this tape can be purchased? (Yes, I have my downloaded copy, but my monitor displays so dark that I miss certain crucial shots, if you get my drift. I need a tape!)

Feel free to PM me if you have any info! Thanks!

Everyone should watch this show. He is really good in it. And you actually get to hear him curse. But the show was actually very interesting to watch. I had no clue who had murdered him until them revealed it. A very, very good show.

Help?? :giveup:

Does anyone in the US get the Biography channel? If there is a kindly ka-bloomie who does and wouldn't mind taping the Judgement Day episode this weekend (Aug 15).... please PM me!

I'll admit, I'm too cheap to pay the $29.99 they want on-line for one episode on tape, or $50+ for a set. :paperbag:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. and of course, costs would be covered!

Thought I'd bring this over from OBM:

LOTR Reference in Midsomer Murders

posted by Marie, 08/16/04

Achn4linkin reports: In the episode of Midsomer Murders in which Orlando is in, there is a reference to Lothlorien and the Lord of the rings. Who knew that the person playing Peter would be destine to play an Elf

Uhhmmmmm - the people making the show, perhaps? Because, you know, he had told them that he was going to be in LOTR?

And the clever people at Carlton knew that the show would get repeated long after the film came out, and thought it might be, well, funny?

:doh:

Kathryn.

Guest AngieB-Have

Achn4linkin reports: In the episode of Midsomer Murders in which Orlando is in, there is a reference to Lothlorien and the Lord of the rings. Who knew that the person playing Peter would be destine to play an Elf

Uhhmmmmm - the people making the show, perhaps? Because, you know, he had told them that he was going to be in LOTR?

And the clever people at Carlton knew that the show would get repeated long after the film came out, and thought it might be, well, funny?

Kathryn.

:lol: Funny Kathryn! I thought the same thing when I read that this morning. :doh: indeed!

AngieB

I'm actually surprised that Marie posted that on OBM - that's been known for ages, at least amongst us long-time fans.

He filmed the MM episode just before he left for New Zealand, so I suspect it was no coincidence.

He filmed the MM episode just before he left for New Zealand, so I suspect it was no coincidence.

I seem to remember the first time he was on Graham Norton, and they did the obligatory "so what have you been in apart from LOTR?", Orlando saying that he got Midsommer Murders because of LOTR.

He walked into the audition, mentioned that he'd just got a part in LOTR, and they went "cool, want to be in Midsommer Murders?" The clever casting people realised it was going to be huge, and that they had a future movie star on their hands. When the show last got shown here in the UK they really played on the fact that it was starring Orlando in the adverts, including the "Lothlorien? Isn't that from Lord of The Rings?" bit.

So it's kind of well-documented that it is no co-incidence. That's why I was surprised that they posted the comment!

Kathryn.

Guest Leah

I just caught the last hour of MM last night. It was really good! From what I saw of Orlando (not very much), he was really good too! :)

Guest Rogue

I'm really glad this finally came on in the U.S. I couldn't be home for it, but my mom was supposed to tape it. I hope she did. The last time it came on, I only caught the last twenty minutes, and have been patiently waiting to see the rest. If I don't see it soon, I might just :kablaam:

Agh crap! I stayed up till 1 a.m. in order to watch this episode and was enjoying every second of it up until he got that pitch fork stuck in him, then *bam* the power went out until this morning. Now I don't know who stuck him with it! Somebody PLEASE fill me in, I'm dying out here. :(

Guest AngieB-Have

I watched all of MM last night. I thought it was very entertaining. Of course, seeing Orlando in bed twice & then the tushy shot went a long way in making it entertaining. :devil: Ok, back to the gutter with me. :shower:

AngieB

:bash: You know, I could kill my VCR, if it weren't an inanimate object and all.

I've tried to tape this episode of Midsomer Murders twice, but each time the show was about to reveal who forked Peter, the VCR went haywire.

I don't live in the UK. Dare I hope for a rerun? :huh:

I watched all of MM last night. I thought it was very entertaining. Of course, seeing Orlando in bed twice & then the tushy shot went a long way in making it entertaining. :devil: Ok, back to the gutter with me. :shower:

AngieB

Amen to that. But, it is simply amazing how skinny he was then as compared to now. Now he is all muscle and toned up and drop dead gorgeous. But, of course, I still looked at him. LOL

Bless Biography Channel for airing it! :notworthy: I have been dying to see this episode! Finally got to see Peter Drinkwater in action! Not to mention that notorious "pitchfolk scene." And I find it amazing how Orlando can change from one character to another with such ease. He is so sweet and lovable in POTC, and so. ahem. "wimpy" in Troy, heroic and courageous in LOTR, and so nasty in MM. A clear demonstration of Orlando's versatility as an actor. And he has only begun! I can't wait to see how he will surprise us next! :)

Guest Aranel

About ten minutes before it was to start, my dad was heading into the living room to watch TV (the only TV I have access to that has cable). I went running into the room, dove onto the couch and grabbed the remote before he could take it. He gave me a look like I was crazy and shook his head and left the room.

But I was able to tape it. I think I missed like 5 seconds where the VCR turned off (it's an old VCR and doesn't like me very much) but otherwise I got it all. I cried when Peter got killed, though.

Kathryn.

I suspect this was actually just a little 'in joke' aimed at a young actor in his first decent professional role. I honestly don't think anyone back then would have foreseen how young Mr Bloom would take over the world in such a very short time.

(I've also wondered about the 'trojan horse' reference in POTC and wondered if it's also a dig.)

And I find it amazing how Orlando can change from one character to another with such ease. He is so sweet and lovable in POTC, and so. ahem. "wimpy" in Troy, heroic and courageous in LOTR, and so nasty in MM. A clear demonstration of Orlando's versatility as an actor. And he has only begun! I can't wait to see how he will surprise us next! :)

I totally agree with you, I can't wait to see what other roles Orlando will be accepting. Call me weird though, but I'm taking a serious liking to see him play the bad guy or at least the "angry" guy. When I saw him in MM in the scene where he is inside the car and tells the cops to search the place, that he doesn't really care.oh, that was so great! He plays the bad guy so well, I absolutely loved the way he played Paris in Troy. In the scene where he hugs Hector's leg, I totally forgot it was Orlando playing a character and for a breif nano-second I hated Paris for being such a wimp.

and so nasty in MM.

Lovin' that Peter Drinkwater! :naughty:

A huge THANK YOU to my wonderful Peter Drinkwater enabler.. Ladyhawke !! You're the best! :shiny: Thank you for your help, it is seriously appreciated! You definitely possess the ka-bloomie spirit! :hug:

Guest Madeline

I'll admit it, I LOVED sassy, opportunistic Peter Drinkwater. I would love to see Orlando play some rougher edges, like Sean Bean. Overall, I loved the show, though I only saved the clips with him in it. I mean, once you know whodunnit, why rewatch the whole thing?

Guest ThreeWishes

For those of you like me who missed the August showing of Judgment Day,

If we can believe the Cable Guide the episode will be shown on the Biography Channel (ch. 110 in St. Louis) on Sunday, Oct . 17 at 1:00 CST. Fire up those VCRs!

TW

Guest Mellie
For those of you like me who missed the August showing of Judgment Day,

If we can believe the Cable Guide the episode will be shown on the Biography Channel (ch. 110 in St. Louis) on Sunday, Oct . 17 at 1:00 CST. Fire up those VCRs!

TW

Thanks for the information. I missed it the first time around so I'll definitely have to watch it this time. YEAH! :w00t:

FYI, I flipped the TV on this morning while eating my raisin bran and lo and behold, MM was airing on A&E! I couldn't find an episode title in my TV Guide so I have no idea where they are in the series, but it looks like A&E is airing episodes 7AM-9AM (Central) Monday-Friday.

Kira