Sign in to follow this  
Jan

13 posts in this topic

CNN.com took a look ahead to the movies of Summer 2005. And our boy got a mention:

Ridley Scott knows how to handle giant movies, and after this year's "Alexander" and "Troy," fans clamoring for more well-oiled heroes battling with swords need look no further than "Kingdom of Heaven," an epic star-studded tale that takes place during the Crusades of the 12th century.

In his first true starring role, former elf and pirate Orlando Bloom gets to put his star wattage to the test. It doesn't hurt that he has able support in the form of Edward Norton, Liam Neeson and the ubiquitous Brendan Gleeson (who seems to be challenging Brian Cox in his quest to appear in every single film).

Every time I think of our boyman finally starring I feel so proud of him. I like the phrase "former elf and pirate." For some reason that tickles my funny bone. :lol:

Thanks, Jan.

Is Brendan Gleeson Menelaus from the Troy movie? His name looked really familiar.

He's in KOH too, or did they mean he's going to be in something else in 2005? :unsure:

Guest laconejita
Is Brendan Gleeson Menelaus from the Troy movie? His name looked really familiar.

He's in KOH too, or did they mean he's going to be in something else in 2005? :unsure:

Yep, Gleeson was Menelaos in Troy and is going to be in KOH. Funny that they mention Brian Cox as he plays Agamemnon in Troy. :huh: It really is a small world.

Guest Dodo

TRAILER! I want a trailer, I demand a trailer! I NEED a trailer!

Oh yes, Brendan is just about in every other movie! Besides playing Menelaus in Troy this summer, he can be seen currently in The Village. Before that he was in Gangs of New York and Cold Mountain, as Renee Zellweger's character's father.

And besides next year's Kingdom of Heaven, he's also tapped to play Mad Eye Moody in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, to be released in November 2005. Which hopefully he's in the UK filming now. :)

FYI, he also played an endearing role in one of my favorite Adrien Brody flicks, Harrison's Flowers.

Guest texasreina

I second that.I want a trailer anything I'll take new pictures. This waiting is killing me. Nine month and counting. I hope Haven comes out real soon and I prayed they show it here in San Antonio. We still haven't had Ned Kelly.

I hope E-town is released in February that should ease the pain of waiting 9 month for KOH.

Guest BabyBug04

Doe's anyone know when the first trailer will be shown? One should be comming out soon I hope. :)

*ivy*

:pef:

Doe's anyone know when the first trailer will be shown? One should be comming out soon I hope. :)

*ivy*

:pef:

I can make a guess.

First it is a tentpole movie for 20th Century Fox. That means usually they will attach the trailer to one of their own movies, preferable a high profile movie, during the holiday season. If they don't have one coming out (and they don't unless you consider Fat Albert high profile), then it probably will be added to another one that they think will attract the same kind of audience they want. First thoughts are Alexander, Aviator, Ocean's 12 as possibles. If Fox gets "In Her Shoes" out they might attach one to that. They can play up the romance angle in that one and try and attract the women (like we wouldn't be flocking anyway. duh).

I would expect some sort of teaser trailer and poster to show up by Thanksgiviing and/or Christmas at the latest.

OMG.a trailer.and maybe at Christmas :w00t:

They will have to drag me out of the theater. :faint:

:dbb:

An update about Summer 2005 (and a conversation we had in another thread about release dates and implications):

According to E! Online, Tom Cruise has shelved Mission: Impossible 3 for now and fast-tracked the remake of War of the Worlds with Steven Spielberg instead. M:I 3 was originally set to premiere as major competition for KOH, but now that's scrapped. The plan for WotW is to film this fall and release it next summer, but I won't hold my breath for that.

By the way, we sort of have Dom to thank for this development: J.J. Abrams had been hired to direct M:I 3 but couldn't commit to a September start date because he's busy with Lost (the ABC drama co-starring Dom). :wink:

Kira

Guest waitingforwake

Yay! Menelaus is Mad-eye Moody! Gleeson is an excellent choice; well done HP casting people.

Who was he in The Village? (I totally didn't recognize him.and I've seen Troy 4 times!)

Wasn't Agamemnon in The Bourne Supremacy?

So now that M:I 3 is gone, is our only competition for KOH the Star Wars RotS the next weekend?

I'm sooooo psyched about the KoH trailers! And posters! :w00t: