SueJo

92 posts in this topic

I just saw the movie!

Is Samantha playing the daughter of Mr. Darcy's aunt? She was not shown very often only in two scenes but she looked like Samantha, she wore classes. Does anybody know if that was her?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but somewhere earlier in this thread it says Samantha plays the "governess at Rosings" or some such. Well, Rosings is Lady de Burgh's house, so maybe that's why she was there?

I should wait until I see the movie though. Thanks for the headsup, now I'll know when to be on the lookout for her.

Samantha is listed in the cast as the Rosing's governess. She would be the one accompanying Miss de Bourg, not Miss de Bourg herself.

I'm really bad with names but she was at an elderly ladie's house sitting on a couch. That was the first time I recognized her and in the second scene they were eating supper and she was also at the table. I think her name was Anne-Marie or something like that. Sorry I really don't remember the characters names but I'm pretty sure it was her.

Actually Sam is sitting in the corner of the room Elizabeth, Charlotte, and Mr Collins enter, behind Lady Catherine de Bourg. You literally blink and you miss her. That is the only scene she is in.

She's also at the table with the others but I think you see her only once for a very short time there but I'm sure she was in that scene aswell.

Could be.though was it common practice for governesses to eat with the family? I'll for certain be seeing it again when it opens here in the States (yummy Mr Darcy) so I'll keep a weathered eye out, as Capt. Jack would say.

Actually Sam is sitting in the corner of the room Elizabeth, Charlotte, and Mr Collins enter, behind Lady Catherine de Bourg. You literally blink and you miss her. That is the only scene she is in.

Crap, I was hoping to see more of her. I guess I'll have to wait for Love and Other Disasters. I was sort of hoping to see what kind of actress she is, and hoping she earns some money. Most actors make zip, unless they get lucky - which is doubtless why her brother is making hay while he can.

Hmmm, I have lots of hoping in this post. :rolleyes:

I was watching out for her and had some idea she was at Rosings but hey, I'm one of the ones who blinked and missed her then. :blink:

Oh well, guess Mr Darcy more than made up for that disappointment. :smoke:

Guest debbiedot

I saw Pride & Prejudice last night, and she was only briefly shown on the screen. She was not even recognizable. What a shame! :(

Overall, the movie was good, but I enjoyed the BBC version with Colin Firth much more.

I know this thread is old, but I am watching Pride and Prejudice for the first time, and I wanted to find out which scene Samantha Bloom was in. I haven't gotten that far yet, but so far, I am not very impressed with this version of this movie.

but I enjoyed the BBC version with Colin Firth much more.

Just for the record, the version with Colin Firth was made by A&E, not the BBC.

I know this thread is old, but I am watching Pride and Prejudice for the first time, and I wanted to find out which scene Samantha Bloom was in.
She was in two scenes, briefly, as the Rosings governess; go here in the Gallerie for the caps.

but I enjoyed the BBC version with Colin Firth much more.
Just for the record, the version with Colin Firth was made by A&E, not the BBC.
Just for the record :wink: - it was a co-production of the BBC and A&E. It was extremely popular in Britain - and led to Bridget Jones's love interest being named "Mark Darcy". (In the book, he merely looked like Colin Firth, so it was quite a coup when they were able to get him to play the part.)

Just for the record - it was a co-production of the BBC and A&E

I've watched that version 50 million times and didn't know that! :paperbag:

It tells me that there is no image to display.

I just found this post! :doh: Silly me! Anyways, I am going to rent that movie this week and keep a look out for Samantha. Thanks for the pics Jan.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~