SueJo

92 posts in this topic

From OBM.

Samantha Bloom in Pride and Prejudice

posted by Jas, 07/04/04

Just got word from our Orlando contact, Lori, she informed us that Orlando's sister, Samantha has a small part in the upcoming "Pride and Prejudice" which is now in pre-production! As we reported some time ago, Orlando was considered in the leading role but unfortunately he was not available for the project. Lori will be setting up a site for Samantha soon, we'll keep you posted.

Saw this on OB Multimedia - sorry if it's in the wrong place mods

SueJo

Good for her!

But can you imagine the pressure? At least she seems to have chosen a low-key role to begin with.

I wish her well.

That's wonderful news and congrats go out to Samantha! I think we can maintain this thread here for now. Who knows...eventually she might get her own forum. :wink:

:clap: Good! Best wishes to Samantha!

Ditto! It's going to be extremely interesting to see her in action, er, acting. We'll get to see if she and her little brother share any "Bloom" characteristics or not. Yippee!

Guest laconejita

Way to go, Samantha B)

I hope she was given the part because of her talents and not because she's Orlando's sister.you all know how Hollywood can be, cashing in on whatever and whoever they can. But it'll be interesting to see where she goes from here on out. The media loves siblings in Hollywood.I hope they can stay lo-key and won't end up on the cover of People. "Orlando and Samantha: The Bloom Family Reign" or another cheesy headline. Eugh :sick:

Wish her the best of luck :wave:

Congrats to Samantha. I love the Pride and Prejudice story and I have to wonder what small role she might play. One of the sisters perhaps.

Congrats to Samantha. I love the Pride and Prejudice story and I have to wonder what small role she might play. One of the sisters perhaps.

Or maybe Darcy's sister? hmmmmm

Congrats to Samantha. I can't wait to see the production.

Good for her. :)

Is this the one that Kiera Knightly just signed on for as well?

( :lol: The Blooms will ALL get to work with her!)

Guest Ainaweth

Oh, you have no idea how happy this makes me. :shiny: Just.. the way Orlando talks about his sister makes me like her already, even though all I've seen of her is one photo. I had always wanted to see Samantha in a film.now we finally get to!

Somehow I don't think having Orlando for a brother will be too much of a problem for her. maybe they'll be like Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal? Now, I actually don't know much about the Gyllenhaals :unsure:, but at least they both seem to be having successful individual careers.

Good for her!! I, too, hope that she got the part on her own merits and not because of her brother.

Another celebrity family would be the Cuzacks (sp?), Joan and John. And from my home state of Illinois. :shiny:

Good for her!! I, too, hope that she got the part on her own merits and not because of her brother.

Another celebrity family would be the Cuzacks (sp?), Joan and John. And from my home state of Illinois. :shiny:

I think everyone can be certain there will be no riding of coat tails. As far as I'm aware, that's not generally how it works in casting, though networking to gain opportunity to prove one's acting chops is always helpful.

While I'm sure having a famous sibling isn't going to be detrimental to Samantha's career as an actress (she's nearly a graduate of Guildhall herself) it may prove the opposite of what some might expect. She could easily be held to a higher standard BECAUSE of who she's related to, so her achievements can be easily claimed as her own.

I'm very happy for Samantha. I'm sure Orlando, not to mention their Mum, is busting at the seams. The only thing I hope, is that during promotion of the film, first question out of every reporters mouth is not: "So Samantha, what is it like being related to Orlando Bloom?"

I am happy for Samantha! I am sure she will do well with her role. Congrats, Samantha. :clap: And who knows? One day, we might even see her and Orlando together in a movie? That would be a real treat! And has anyone seen a picture of her? I wonder if she bears any resemblance to her brother.

Guest sweetbaby231

Suzie, the only picture I found of her is on this page. There's also some information on her as a Guildhall student.

Samantha Bloom

Oh, this is just too exciting ! Well done, Samantha :clap: !

Or maybe Darcy's sister? hmmmmm

My guess is that Samantha is a little too old to play one of the sisters. Rosamund Pike has already been cast as the eldest, and Keira, of course, the second-eldest. I think Samantha, at 29, would be hard pressed to look younger than Keira, 19.

And, again, I think she may be a little too old to play Mr Darcy's baby sister.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and pick one of Mr Bingley's sisters.

(I should add at this point that I'm basing my assumptions on my knowledge of the BBC adaption, having never actually read the book :paperbag: ).

Suzie, the only picture I found of her is on this page. There's also some information on her as a Guildhall student.

Samantha Bloom

Sweetbaby, thanks for finding Samantha's picture. She looks beautiful! It appears she shares those soulful eyes with her bro.

She is very attractive. Cayenne I'm with you I hope they don't bring up her brother, but you know they will! Their mother must be so very proud!

Great news for Samantha! She definitely wouldn't be a Bennet or a Darcy as those roles are too young. Perhaps Charlotte Lucas who has the dubious fortune of marrying Mr. Collins? She is Elizabeth Bennet's best friend, so that would give Kiera and Samantha a chance for some scenes together.

Kira

Wow she really is beautiful. Same cheekbones, eyes, and EARS as Orlando. But then she also has a different look too. Like they're both perfect but different splicings, er mixes (yeah that sounds more euphemistic) of their parents. What beautiful people the Bloom family are, inside and out.

ETA: Jillian - oh yeah, I forgot to mention too that she is rather short. Still taller then me :( , but definitely not what I expected given Orlando's height.

She's tiny. Did anyone notice that? :lol:

She is definitely very pretty.

I also hope she will have a fair chance to prove what she can do. Probably for the first few years she will be known as "his sister", but hopefully eventually people will also recognize her for her work.

love,

Stefanie

:clap: Congratulations Samantha! That's great. I look forward to seeing her.

She could easily be held to a higher standard BECAUSE of who she's related to, so her achievements can be easily claimed as her own.

Yup, this was my thinking as well. I find it hard to believe that production companies would easily hire someone based on their name. I would be inclined to agree that the name alone would mean she'd have to work just that much harder.

And let's not forget that Orlando has yet to prove himself to be a 'great' actor as yet.

Congrats to Samantha and the entire family for this accomplishment. I'm sure she's worked hard for it and I'll be looking forward to seeing her achievement.

Samantha Bloom

Thanks, Sweetbaby! :w00t: I think she looks just like her mother, Sonia. And those penetrating eyes! Lovely! I wish her all the success! Mrs. Sonia Bloom has much to be proud of! :)