Sign in to follow this  
AllisonPJ

27 posts in this topic

After that horrible photo manip of Orlando's fake chest hair (still shuddering over it myself), now it looks like the whole story might not have even been true. Though I thought I'd read about his having to wear some sort of chest hair before that in some pretty reliable mags, now there's a story in Yahoo's news with this quote:

Then there's Orlando Bloom, the lithe elf Legolas of The Lord of the Rings, rumored to require a chest wig to portray a blacksmith-turned-knight in 2005's Kingdom of Heaven, a Crusades-era adventure directed by Ridley Scott.

20th Century Fox assures that the British actor sports no faux body fur. But that didn't stop the media from gleefully spreading the too-juicy-to-ignore gossip.

Here's the whole article if you want to read it: Separating the men from the boys

"faux body fur" :lmao:

I guess we won't know the truth until the movie comes out. Or until we see some more non-manipulated photos from the set.

Personally, I am just going to believe that nobody associated with 'The Kingdom of Heaven' would be so moronic as to tamper with that smooth, golden, finally sculpted chest. Let's face it, the man needs no <cough>enhancement<cough>of his natural endowments. Now excuse me while I take a little detour to the gutter. :faint:

Guest sweetbaby231
spreading the too-juicy-to-ignore gossip.

Too JUICY to ignore gossip about chest hair? What kind of sick world is Hollywood?

:wtf:

I knew that Ridley as smart enough to know not to mess with perfection. But I hope that when the film comes out, we get a few (dozen) chances to see for ourselves whether it was true or not. I think that close ups of his chest are in order. :naughty:

I know, Karen is on the slip-n-slide to the gutter :faint: . Make room Adrianne, I'm comin' in. B)

I think it's a dumb-assed, :censor: , :censor: , :censor: , :censor: stupid attempt on some :censor:, :censor::censor: 's part to get some attention, make a little cash, stir up some controversy,(they have succeeded with me). Let's see, of the many "he-men-action-heroes", past and present that one can think of, WHICH of them has a great turf of hair on his chest???

Stallone-no.

Scharzenegger-no

The Rock-no.

Van Damme-no.

Willis-no.

Ford- well.just a little.

The only one I can think of is Sean Connery, and he shaved his for Bond. Very likely some of the above do it regularly, too.

I just hate mean-spirited, nasty, pointless, msljrjj;falerjr;kfkrklsugthdls,mrghpdlmd

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :paperbag:

Tell us how you really feel, TF! :lol:

Jan and I were chatting about this the other day and it was her take that the production companies might try to flush out moles every now and then by dropping rumors into the batter, just to see what cookie it turns up in.

The trend in So Cal, as I'm told, is for young men to be totally hairless. Yes, ladies...you heard me right. TOTALLY. :O

For some, that might seem a but tedious and high maintenance, but for some people...coughOrlandocough, it's probably not so tough. :smoke:

The trend in So Cal, as I'm told, is for young men to be totally hairless. Yes, ladies.you heard me right.  TOTALLY.  :O

Really?... :smoke: I live in So Cal. I think this needs further investigation.

Tell us how you really feel, TF!  :lol:

.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*deep breath*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrr*how do I get to So Cal?*rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :paperbag:

Guest Bev

Totally.? Like.waist down totally? Uhhhh :( I don't know.that sounds a bit too drastic. Some areas just look better with a little landscaping. :ph34r: Ohh.uh.that doesn't sound right.I mean.well.you know. :paperbag:

"Landscaping"..... :lmao: I like that one Bev.

I like a guy with a smooth chest, just a hint of a treasure trail, and nicely furred legs (not too much, but not smooth enough to make me feel simian if I don't shave for a week). In other words, Orlando is perfect, as if we all didn't know. But to have a guy TOTALLY hairless.thats just wierd. Creepy wierd. :fear:

PS: Welcome Bev. :wave:

Guest MDragon

Totally? :blink:

I agree with the "landscaping" remark. I think a little bit of hair is needed. I think our man has just the right amount of hair. :wub: Anything less gets kind of weird.

Guest Pseudgirl
The trend in So Cal, as I'm told, is for young men to be totally hairless. Yes, ladies.you heard me right.  TOTALLY.  :O

Wot, no Treasure Trail?? Do they not know what turns girls on?! :naughty: It's been trendy for girls to do that for a while now, but I'm not sure I like the idea of the boys joining in!

I was watching Wimbledon last night and I just luuuurve the way Andy Roddick uses the hem of his shirt to wipe the sweat from his brow - just a quick glimpse of lovely TT at the end of nearly every point. :yum:

Having looked at the pics of Balian, as having a relatively hairy face, I do think that there may be some truth in the added chest hair rumours. If there is a scene where Balian is seen shirtless for whatever reason, then having a totally hairless chest, compared to the roughly bearded face, might look a bit odd.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we are talking about a full on rug! just a few added hairs for consistency. Then again I don't find hairy men repulsive or particularly unattractive, my hubby is extremely hairy, back. chest and feet like a Hobbit, trouble is he has none on his head :lmao:

Diane

Oh TF! :w00t: You're my new hero(ine)! :notworthy:

You let 'em have it girl! :boxing:

,rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Well, Adrianne, it's just that I feel very strongly that any pot-bellied, scum-sucking, slack-jawed, slope-shouldered :censor::censor: who would spread such a assinine story is not a very nice person. If you find them, please bring them to me. I will amputate their procreative accouterments with a notched butter knife and follow it with a nice, refreshing isopropyl alcohol lavage. (to prevent infection, of course) :whistle:

*ahem*

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :paperbag:

I will amputate their procreative accouterments with a notched butter knife and follow it with a nice, refreshing isopropyl alcohol lavage. (to prevent infection, of course) :whistle:

TF, I love the way you use the English language :lol: . Brava, darlin'. :hug::clap:

My hubby is extremely hairy, back. chest and feet like a Hobbit, trouble is he has none on his head :lmao:

Diane

Then doesn't that just lend more support that the opposite alternative might be feasible? :shiny:

TJ ( sliding on down to the gutter, with visions of Balian's smooth, tanned, and sculpted chest, dancing in her head.)

Guest Silmarien

:lol: I should think it does! (Let's hope, anyway, because I want to SEE the glorious muscle-y chest, not look at a clump of hair! :naughty:)

I will amputate their procreative accouterments with a notched butter knife and follow it with a nice, refreshing isopropyl alcohol lavage. (to prevent infection, of course)

:lmao: That's perfect.you should post that somewhere on the 'net for all to see, and I think then the "chest rug" rumors will come to a halt.:lol:

When I think about Orlando's chest (and I think about it often :paperbag: ), I see the smooth rippled chest displayed so graphically in "Troy", and the equally appealing chest on display in that picture of him strolling by the pool in the Cayman Islands. :wub:

I don't want to see a hairy-chested Orlando -- why mess with perfection?

My feeling is that Balian never takes his shirt off in KOH, and that any R rating will come strictly from the violence in the battle scenes. Ridley Scott seems not to want to provoke the ire of the Muslim nations (he had the script OK'd by them before filming), so I'm sure there won't be any steamy sex scenes --- the love story will probably be handled in a more discrete manner. My feelings only, I have nothing to base that on.

Would love another glimpse of that smooth chest, though :whistle:

Tell us how you really feel, TF!  :lol:

Jan and I were chatting about this the other day and it was her take that the production companies might try to flush out moles every now and then by dropping rumors into the batter, just to see what cookie it turns up in.

For some, that might seem a but tedious and high maintenance, but for some people.coughOrlandocough, it's probably not so tough.  :smoke:

TOTALLY!??? :fear:

I thought the Bikini wax was sick, then came the Brazilian wax and I thought it was just a sadistic torture for those seeking to land a rich hubbie, but now this?! Men having a Barzilian?! YEE-OUCH! :cry: Trust me, OB has enough hair that this would be very painful -- look at the leg hair alone in the CK pics!

Judging from "Troy", OB has sense enough not to do every stupid thing that comes along in La-La Land. but maybe I should go see it again to just check out this scary conjecture. yeah, just to make certain I'm remembering correctly. :whistle:

Going off to the Gutter now after my shower, Jan. :blush:

Guest Pearl

Wow! First I've heard of this! I know.I'm a bit slow on Orlando News.I just recently started to like him. :wub: I'm still not a devoted fan, but I have to say, Orlando doesn't seem like the type that can grow hair on his chest easily. Some guys are just hairy, others are smooth.personally I like the smooth type more.

Guest Bog Iris

The trend in So Cal, as I'm told, is for young men to be totally hairless. Yes, ladies.you heard me right.  TOTALLY. 

Yuck! Personally, this would make me feel like a child abuser, no matter the age of the man I was having the.er.encounter with. It would make me feel like I ought to burst into maniacal giggles and rub my hands together a lot. Then again, ANYTHING to do with Orlando makes me feel like that.

:devil:

The trend in So Cal, as I'm told, is for young men to be totally hairless. Yes, ladies.you heard me right. TOTALLY. :O

Totally hairless? That's just so.wrong. I admit I like a smooth chest and hairless back but come on, no hair on the legs or arms or **cough** other places?