ka-Bloom.org Forum

Kirsten Dunst

Jan

The "London" dress would be actually pretty normal without the bottom part.

But what is it with that slouch? Maybe she thinks she's too tall?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "London" dress would be actually pretty normal without the bottom part.

But what is it with that slouch? Maybe she thinks she's too tall?

Or is it that Toby is just that short. Don't want to tower over the leading man. But then again if you believe the rumours they can't stand each other.

I think that Toby is listed at 5'8", which means that he is probably around 5'6". Female actors lie about their age, male actors lie about their height. I remember reading that one of the reasons Peter Jackson wanted to see Orlando in person before he was cast, was to make sure that he really was as tall as he claimed to be in his Bio. I guess Kirsten won't have to slouch at the premiere of E-Town. :rolleyes:

Stand up straight honey.

Guest Rydia

C'mon girls you can't be too critical, remember Orlando's eariler attempts with fashion? :whistle: I think a lot of the time celebrities wear hideous things just for the sake of causing a slash.although I can't say I'd want to be known for having horrible fashion sense :wink:

Saw Kirsten on ET tonight.they were showing pics of the Spiderman 2 premieres in Europe. I didn't see the white dress.but in the other 2 premieres she had on very pretty dresses.one blue and one black. And she wasn't wearing the hair extensions, if I remember correctly.cause her hair was very short.

Is the short hair in for Elizabethtown? I hope so. She is cuter with her hair short.

I think that Toby is listed at 5'8", which means that he is probably around 5'6". Female actors lie about their age, male actors lie about their height.

*At the risk of sounding very naive* Really?!? Two inches is a lot, I would be a bit ticked if I was a casting director and had to call in a bunch of guys to make sure they're the right height . . wait a minute, call in a bunch of guys :rolleyes: . Well, also don't they do background checks so they'd also find out your age? I wouldn't just cast anyone off the street, talent or not, without finding out more about them. Or maybe they don't care, but really, the truth will come out sometime.

Anyhow, I don't think Toby is that short, probably around 5'8" really. Kirsten might be about 5'9", plus heals = slouch. Ok I'll stop being off-topic.

The fact her character bears my name, ( the same character Orlando will be with in said film) makes up for any fashion no-no's.

Being another real-life Claire, I have to agree with that :rolleyes:

Was just re-reading the 'Will moments' thread in PotC forum, and thinking about the way he says 'Elizabeth' - in this he's going to be saying my name with that much love!

Swoons at the very thought of it.

I think Kirsten Dunst is a hell of an actress. Well, at least she is about to be. I was amazed by her performance in the Mona Lisa Smile. She actually beat everyone. And when she was a kid, she did a very good job in Interview With the Vampire that was a hard one.

And the fisrt dress is probably a high work of the art of fashion ? I sometimes think that dresigners really having fun with the world.

Guest Solana
OMG!!

How did the dressmaker get her granny's table runner accidently stitched onto the front of that dress, and then no-one noticed!

BigBird, you crack me up! :lmao: But the dress is a bit."out there" and she does need to stop slouching.

I personally like Kirsten as an actress as well. She was great in Mona Lisa Smile, Little Women and Interview With a Vampire. Some of you may not have seen it, but Drop Dead Gorgeous was hilarious! It's a black comedy about a teen beauty pageant in small town Minnesota. She pulled it off brilliantly and Kirstie Alley and Ellen Barkin were funny as heck too! And for what it was (teen comedy), she did a great job in Bring It On as well. (I haven't seen most of her teen films, but I wanted to see Bring It On because I used to be a cheerleader MANY years ago! And I still love watching it.) I'm really looking forward to seeing her stuff in E-Town. You have to give her some props, she has been able to survive Hollywood as a child actor and get decent roles as an adult. Definitely NOT an easy thing to do.

C'mon girls you can't be too critical, remember Orlando's eariler attempts with fashion? :whistle:

Rydia, that's exactly what I thought! *LOL* They'll get along well. It'ss too bad in a way that Orlando has become a bit more conservative in his fashion of late, otherwise wouldn't iot be GREAT to see what the two of them showed up in for the E-Town premiere??

I like the first premiere dres, I guess cause I'm a freak. And she wore black shoes with it to acentuate the black ribbon straps.

And I didn't much like the LOndon Premiers dress because I dodn't like polka dots. I have NO idea why she wore those brownish shoes with that. They look damn uncomfortable, like her foot is jammed in there!

I've loved Kirsten sisnce Interview, so I really can't wait to see E-Town.

They bonded by talking about how (messed) up their families are? *LOL* Must be a Dad thing. Although Orlando has and older sister and Kirsten has a younger brother, so they have that dynamic in common too.

Dairwendan

Guest Solana
I agree that Kirsten Dunst is fantastic. I loved her in "Bring it On" and most recently in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Not to mention Spider-man.

Really, how could I forget those. :doh:

Excellent work. Thanks for reminding me BigBird :wink:

I like the first premiere dres, I guess cause I'm a freak. And she wore black shoes with it to acentuate the black ribbon straps.

LOL! that's what I was thinking . I rather liked that dress, out-there as it was. If you can't wear that stuff on a Red Carpet, where the hell else can you wear it besides some runway? The two places aren't really so different . look-at-me times. I loved all the variety of fabrics and treatments . pleats and ruffles and shiny/flimsy stuff . looked like a fantasy dream. Something a sparkly faery would wear. The London dress seemed bland and boringly traditional by comparison. But that's what fashion is all about, isn't it . to each her own!! (I wish I'd had the body to wear some of that flaky-crazy kind of stuff when I was young enough to do it. I've been ploddingly "preppie classic" most of my life.)

What I've read recently about Kirsten . she's a bit of a fashion flake, but has an interesting personal background underscoring her film career. They say she's mature beyond her years, and very empathetic and caretaking, but a flippant sort of person . which might explain the clothes choice.

I thought she was brilliant in Interview WaV... wasn't wild about the Spiderman part, but it was classic girl-at-risk stuff (I didn't care for the movie much at all, gave my copy of it to my kids when the baby broke their DVD) . and I thought she did really well in Mona Lisa Smile. She has said of that role that the only "real" scene was the one with Maggie Gyllenhaal where her character had her emotional breakdown and transformation. I think this one can really act, given the chance. High hopes for her in Elizabethtown. We shall see.

Some of you may not have seen it, but Drop Dead Gorgeous was hilarious!  It's a black comedy about a teen beauty pageant in small town Minnesota.  She pulled it off brilliantly and Kirstie Alley and Ellen Barkin were funny as heck too! 

I saw this one, Solana. It was funny. :lol: She was also in The Virgin Suicides, directed by Sophia Coppola. She's done a lot of movies.

I actually think the dress she's wearing is kind of cute. :tomato:

Kelly

Stephen Hawking is right - black holes do leak matter after all. The fact that last week's "Who" has reappeared out of my 19 year old's bedroom proves it.

There's an article titled "10 things you didn't know about Kirsten Dunst". No. 10 is:

"Orlando Bloom should be Nervous

She's kissed a lot of cute guys in the name of work. Big deal. 'So what if he's cute or whatever. He may be a total [jerk]!' she says. So don't expect her to get all hot and bothered about her next co-stgar: Orlando Bloom. She and the British dream boy are set to start shooting Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown soon. 'Why should just the girls be "Omigod, he's so hot!" she says with a mixture of sarcasm and onfidence. 'I'm a hot girl - he should be excited to work with me.' "

Sounds like this leading lady is pretty level-headed.

• 2 weeks later...
Stephen Hawking is right - black holes do leak matter after all. The fact that last week's "Who" has reappeared out of my 19 year old's bedroom proves it.

There's an article titled "10 things you didn't know about Kirsten Dunst". No. 10 is:

"Orlando Bloom should be Nervous

She's kissed a lot of cute guys in the name of work. Big deal. 'So what if he's cute or whatever. He may be a total [jerk]!' she says. So don't expect her to get all hot and bothered about her next co-stgar: Orlando Bloom. She and the British dream boy are set to start shooting Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown soon. 'Why should just the girls be "Omigod, he's so hot!" she says with a mixture of sarcasm and onfidence. 'I'm a hot girl - he should be excited to work with me.' "

Sounds like this leading lady is pretty level-headed.

Wow, she's quite a pip! Now that's one fiery personality I wouldn't want to mess with!

I wonder if they've filmed the love scenes yet. We'll just see if she's immune to his charm when everything is said and done. :smoke:

Agreed. For that matter, would she be immune to his charm in general? I felt the grizzly bear coming out on this one, but this time I held her back. Maybe Kirsten was misquoted. It seems a nasty thing to say about one's future costar.

TF

:paperbag:

Guest kygirl04
I wonder if they've filmed the love scenes yet.  We'll just see if she's immune to his charm when everything is said and done.  :smoke:

Agreed. For that matter, would she be immune to his charm in general? I felt the grizzly bear coming out on this one, but this time I held her back. Maybe Kirsten was misquoted. It seems a nasty thing to say about one's future costar.

TF

:paperbag:

I thought the same thing when I first read her quote, I didn't think it was a very nice thing to say at all. But just about everything I've read that she's said she always seems to have that attitude. :unsure:

And I don't know how anyone can be totally immune to Orlandos charm! :wub:

Guest Kelly

I don't think her comment was hostile in the least. She may not have phrased it in the nicest possible manner, but she basically asked why she should get all hot and bothered to be working with Orlando and why shouldn't Orlando be getting all hot and bothered to be working with her. Sort of like Why am I getting asked this question? And why isn't he? The implication of the question to me was that she should fall down on her knees and praise the Lord because she was blessed to get this opportunity, like everyone should worship Orlando. It wasn't the nicest question to put to a modern woman.

Guest sweetbaby231
I don't think her comment was hostile in the least. She may not have phrased it in the nicest possible manner, but she basically asked why she should get all hot and bothered to be working with Orlando and why shouldn't Orlando be getting all hot and bothered to be working with her. Sort of like Why am I getting asked this question? And why isn't he? The implication of the question to me was that she should fall down on her knees and praise the Lord because she was blessed to get this opportunity, like everyone should worship Orlando. It wasn't the nicest question to put to a modern woman.

I'm with Kelly as well. I have the article, so it didn't surprise me that she said that. Maybe I'll type up bits and pieces of the story here because I agreed with most of the stuff she said about choosing her roles and living her life. I like the fact that Kirsten doesn't go drooling over every man that passes by her; she likes to take control, and she's confident in herself. I don't mean to rant, but just because Kirsten is confident in herself doesn't mean that she's a bad person.

I can't wait to see her performance in E-Town. Sounds like a great role for her. :)

Guest dobbylupin

I dunno, I think Kirsten seems a bit ditzy :unsure:. Maybe it's the interviews of her that I've read/seen, and how I'm looking into them. Plus, I hated both of the dresses she wore at the first and second Spider-Man premieres. The first one looked like a psychodelic table cloth and the second one, was, well, tragic.

I'm not completely sure what to make of Kirsten at this point. Yes, she does seem rather flippant in some of her remarks - particularly with the press. But I've also read articles portraying her as a person who's warm, down-to-earth, and sensitive toward fans and those she knows well. The perceived "flippancy" may just be part of her defense mechanism against those who would pry unnecessarily or make attempts to "entrap" her. (We all know how nasty the press can be at times, AND unforgiving.) From all accounts, she and Orlando seem to be getting along very well on the Elizabethtown set. And apparently she's been extremely courteous and sweet about autographing for fans - same as Orlando. So some of it might just be "bad press." (News hounds can be relentless and vindictive if they don't get exactly what they want.)