ka-Bloom.org Forum

Kirsten Dunst

Jan

I happen to like Kirsten Dunst. She plays a little loopy, but I like her well enough. I like some of the more offbeat roles she's played.

But I nearly busted a gut laughing (or was that weeping?) upon seeing pics of her from the Spiderman2 Premiere last night. I was so busy looking at Dom photos here and there that I didn't notice the rest.

The girl needs someone who goes shopping with her, to keep her from making such disastrous decisions. :lol: She's a pretty girl, with a great figure - but that doesn't mean that everything looks good on her. Up close, the beading on the gown is beautiful. The fabric is lovely. But she could give Bjork a run for her money. :paperbag:

I found this one at celebworld. Children, don't try this at home.

Dunst_Spidey2hires_550.jpg

Full Size. Be Afraid. Be VERY Afraid.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!

How did the dressmaker get her granny's table runner accidently stitched onto the front of that dress, and then no-one noticed!

:fear: I just caught this on "Entertainment Tonight". I think I know what happened. It's on inside out.

Edited by BigBird

Hmm.maybe if they kept the center beaded tulle (term?) the same shade of white as the rest of the dress it wouldn't be sooo bad.I think. :blink: Having it off-white does make it look like a table runner like what BigBird said. :lol:

Guest Silmarien

UHHH.what a *ahem* fascinating *cough cough*--er--dress? she's got on there.

Resembles something I would have put together when I was six and playing dress-up in my best friend's basment! :lol:

But she seems like a nice-enough girl, so I will just think of her as just that (with a rather quirky fashion sense to go along with it)

Guest graycie

Ah-ha! When my mother donated her old draperies to the Salvation Army, we all wondered what would become of them. Well, now I know. Someone made them into Kirsten's dress. Yikes!

Maybe this is just a bad angle? It really CAN'T be that bad. How could she have left the house otherwise? She's been in Hollywood long enough to know how cruel people can be. Oh well, at least she's got people talking about her again . . .

-graycie

Where are the fashion police when you need them?

On a somewhat related note, from USA Today (today) comes this quote from Kirsten in a SpiderMan 2 article:

With her boyfriend, Jake Gyllenhaal, off shooting the gay cowboy flick Brokeback Mountain, Kirsten Dunst — looking very "flapper" in Christian Lacroix — danced under the stars, sharing cigarettes with her gal pals. She has just started rehearsals on Elizabethtown with co-star Orlando Bloom and says the two already have found a connection: "We talk about how (messed) up both our families are," Dunst said and quickly added with a guffaw, "Just joking."

:rolleyes:

Alas, I fear there's more to come; it is the combination of the 70's and "Troy" influence in fashion. A few of us remember how hideous we looked in the 70's (and I've got the pictures to prove it!). :blink:

Just finished re-reading Terry Pratchett's Lords and Ladies. Apparently, Orlando is "elvish".

"It was the first time she'd looked an elf in the face when she was in any condition to notice details. This one was currently wearing high cheekbones and hair tied in a ponytail; it wore odds and ends of rags and lace and fur, confident in the knowledge that anything would look good on an elf."

--Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies, Victor Gollancz, LTD., 1992, page 227-228.

Sound like anybody we know? :whistle:

OY!

You know, actually, I like the dress. I'd like to have one just like it. I can then give it to my girls, who can remove the threading and use all the different babushka's as scarves while they play yenta's in my backyard.

Yeah, I like it a lot!

Alas, I fear there's more to come; it is the combination of the 70's and "Troy" influence in fashion. A few of us remember how hideous we looked in the 70's (and I've got the pictures to prove it!). :blink:

I have to laugh about this comment - I was in the grocery store the other day, and saw one of the bank tellers with a blouse on that I think I did wear in the 70s. It was wide, diagonal stripes of various colors of brown. Looked all the world to be made of polyester.

:sick:

Man, it's STILL a bad look. :lol: I blame it all on "That 70s Show".

I still remember one of my favorite outfits back then - it was a pair of slacks, 3/8" wide vertical dark/light pink/white stripes. Until one terrible day when I accidentally dripped a tiny drop of nail polish remover on the knee.

The hole grew to about 2" in diamter before finally petering out. It went through the polyester like poop through a goose. :lol: I sat and cried for a good 10 minutes about losing those pants.

And thanks for the quote, Imp! The best humor is always based on truth, isn't it?

Alas, I fear there's more to come; it is the combination of the 70's and "Troy" influence in fashion. A few of us remember how hideous we looked in the 70's (and I've got the pictures to prove it!).

Just finished re-reading Terry Pratchett's Lords and Ladies. Apparently, Orlando is "elvish".

"It was the first time she'd looked an elf in the face when she was in any condition to notice details. This one was currently wearing high cheekbones and hair tied in a ponytail; it wore odds and ends of rags and lace and fur, confident in the knowledge that anything would look good on an elf."

Sound like anybody we know? 

I immediately thought of Helen's dress in Troy. As for the 70's please, no, I hate when I look back at some of the things we wore then. Of course I wore "pedal pushers" in the 50's and said I'd never wear "capri pants," well, guess what is hanging in my closet in every conceivable color and fabric?

That is a terrific quote! I will look for this book at the library tomorrow! Thanks for sharing

Great quote. Had me giggling. :shiny:

As for Kirsten, oh my, she's quite into the '20s flapper look. Look at her red carpet wear for the past couple of years and you'll notice the common thread. It almost always looks.questionable, but at least she's picked a style and is sticking with it. I'm glad to see that she's growing her hair out, too. That pixie cut accentuated her thinness.

Kira

:tomato:

I think the dress is absolutely sweet. At least it is one that lets you sit, go to the bathroom and roam the after show buffet without having problems breathing - and you can´t say that about every premiere dress! I like especially the border. And I like Christian Lacroix´stuff anyway.

Honestly!!!

Edited to say- only thing I could complain about- Kirsten is a bit too short for the dress. I just did a search on Google and found out I was right - it would look better on a taller woman

lac.jpg

Plus you obviusly need a furry animal on your head. :lol:

So, you think that's better, do you? :wink: :hug:

[Animal House]Toga, toga, toga![/AnimalHouse]

Yes, the dead cat on her head definitely makes the outfit! Fluffy, when you ran away, I was afraid something like this would happen. :weep:

:rolleyes:

Sound like anybody we know?  :whistle:

I was browing the Pratchett collection at the local bookshop the other day and couldn't make up my mind which one to get - now I know.

BTW - have you noticed how Pratchett's dwarves seem to have sprung straight out of LOTR?

As for THAT dress - now I know who the designer is all I can hear in my head is Eddie from Absolutely Fabulous - "Lacroix sweetie, Lacroix".

I don't mind Kirsten's 'flapper' look but I really hate it when she's slouching in her pictures. (And I've seen lots of them when she's slouching--it doesn't look good!) :fear:

Guest Rogue

Looks suspiciously like lingerie to me. :wink:

I stopped paying attention to (and caring about) what celebrities wear a long time ago. Half of it (including this dress) looks dumb to me anyway, no matter who's wearing it.

I think some actors/actresses dress in horrible clothing, just so they can be the talk of the water cooler the next day. What is that quote about, "Even bad press is good press, because it means your name is out there." Or something close to that. It has to be for the shock value. I don't know what mirror you could look into, that would make you think that that dress looks good. :unsure:

It went through the polyester like poop through a goose.

:w00t: :lmao: That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

And didn't you just love the runners that would appear in polyester? Not!

Yes, the dead cat on her head definitely makes the outfit! Fluffy, when you ran away, I was afraid something like this would happen. :weep:

:lmao: You guys are cracking me up. Although, I was thinking skunk not Fluffy.either that or Cruella de Vil.

That dress is *cough* interesting. What is that green ruffle thing underneath and does someone want to explain why she is wearing black shoes with a white dress? :blink:

When do we start making bets as to what she might wear to the E-Town premiere?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kelly

Is it just me, or are the shoes all wrong at both premieres? The heavy black ones should have been ditched in favor of something less industrial. The tan ones could have been replaced by something strappy as well.

Is it just me, or are the shoes all wrong at both premieres? The heavy black ones should have been ditched in favor of something less industrial. The tan ones could have been replaced by something strappy as well.

The dress is a definite improvement. But I agree with you Kelly about the shoes.

I know I'm ancient and that the rules I learned when I was growing up have been thrown out the window, but I still believe a summery dress looks best with strappy shoes, and that light coloured shoes should go with pale coloured gowns.

The fact her character bears my name, ( the same character Orlando will be with in said film) makes up for any fashion no-no's.

Well.Sort of.

But then again I never did have very good fashion sense-if a designer told me something was 'in', I'd wear it, no questions asked.

Maybe.

Probably. :paperbag:

x Claire x