Guest Pseudgirl

Troy DVD Release Date: Updated 8/24/04

Got mine, but I've been too busy voting in the Hello poll for Orlando to watch it and tomorrow is the first day all the students will be back at school here. I'm afraid this teacher is about to have to "hit the hay". :yawn: At least I have a friend who owns our local video rental place and he let me borrow one of his copies over the New Year weekend. :yahoo: He knows I'm an Orlando Ho and he gets his copies a few days before he puts them out for rental.

I opted for full-screen Paris. :naughty:

I got my dvd today too with a bonus DVD at Best Buy - did anyone else get one? I have yet to watch it!

I got it with the bonus DVD at Best Buy. I'm glad I got the Bonus DVD because it actually has a bit of Orlando on it, which is more than I can say for the extras disc. However, the bonus disc has only one feature on it, and I didn't time it but I am sure it's no more than an hour long, if that.

There is no commentary on the film disc, and though there is a "Special Features" option on the film disc, when you select it it only says "See Disc 2 for Special Features". Now maybe I've been spoiled by the LOTR discs, but I found that to be a complete rip off.

On a positive note, Paris is just as beautiful as ever, and though I enjoyed the film the first time around, I definitely got much more out of it watching at home.

Dairwendan

Dear me! I was soooo lost in that Hello Poll thing I even forgot Troy was out on DVD today! :paperbag: Pathetic, isn't it? I will have to get it tomorrow on my way home.

There is no commentary on the film disc, and though there is a "Special Features" option on the film disc, when you select it it only says "See Disc 2 for Special Features". Now maybe I've been spoiled by the LOTR discs, but I found that to be a complete rip off.

My sentiments exactly. I was very disappointed. :(

I got my dvd today too with a bonus DVD at Best Buy - did anyone else get one? I have yet to watch it!

I went over to Best Buy rather than to Target on a tip from another Orlando fan and got the bonus dvd as well. I popped it in last night and saw that there was some Orlando in it. Granted the footage is at least a couple of years old - probably taped during principle shooting, but I loved to see him run his fingers through those long curls :paris: as he talked about characterizing Paris. I also loved the visual of he and Eric Bana riding their stallions along the beach. Where is the footage of that?

I found the documentary very interesting although a bit short and seriously lacking in commentary from the actors. I mean, wasn't Brad Pitt the star of the movie?

The movie is as I remembered it although I am only up to Achilles reuniting with Breseis after the first battle. Can I just say that Sean Bean still wows me?