Sign in to follow this  
Wendi

Midsomer Murders - Judgement Day

Yesterday whilst looking on Amazon I discovered that 'Midsomer Murders -Judgement Day' will be available to buy on DVD from June 14th. Up until now it has only been available on VHS Video.

HOWEVER, it is only available through Amazon.co.uk, NOT Amazon.com! :huh:

I think that must mean that it is only been published as a Region 2 (UK and Europe) disc!

It is available on DVD in the US, but only as part of a set. I see that in the UK it will be just that episode! Off to add it to the Shop page!

Guest Smolak

I bought the video off of Ebay because when I tried to buy it off the UK Amazon, it got all weird w/me.

I had an e-mail today saying that it's been dispatched, so tomorrow or Wednesday I should get it. I let you all know if there are any extras. I wouldn't think so, but its worth a hope!

Guest IrishDreamer

Hooray!!! Yesterday my Midsomer Murders set 2 arrived!! However, I had not yet explained to my husband why I was suddenly so fond of British murder mysteries, and so I had a LOT of 'splaining to do last night when Orlando suddenly appeared.luckily I had gotten him hooked onto the series with set 1! :whistle:

Guest graycie

I was at the local library yesterday doing a little research when I noticed they have many of the Midsomer Murders on DVD and VHS! I think I gasped out loud. But alas, no Orlando. I guess all I can do is strongly suggest they order set 2. They don't need to know why, now do they? :whistle:

-graycie

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's arrived! :w00t:

There are extras on it - Behind The Scenes, Midsomer Map, Filmographies and Scene Index- , but no referance to Orlando in any of them. :cry:

I think I'll let my husband have the use of the computer tonight, whilst I use the DVD player. :whistle:

Guest Pseudgirl

My DVD arrived from England, yippee!! :w00t:

Just in case anyone's interested, I've listed my now-superseded VHS copy on eBay here. It's in PAL format so North Americans will need to have a multi-format VCR to play it.

There are extras on it - Behind The Scenes, Midsomer Map, Filmographies and Scene Index- , but no referance to Orlando in any of them. :cry:

Laurie, does it have anything about locations in the UK? I have a feeling Midsomer Murders is filmed very close to where I live (Buckinghamshire).

Thanks.

Laurie, does it have anything about locations in the UK? I have a feeling Midsomer Murders is filmed very close to where I live (Buckinghamshire).

Hi Cazrider, I found out the following for you:

On the Behind The Scenes section it says.

Today we are joining the cast and crew on location in Oxfordshire.

Then in the section titled Production Notes, I found this interesting item.

Filmed at a cost of around £1.25 Million, each episode takes four to five weeks to shoot and will then spend a further 5 weeks in Post-Production. The series is filmed in and around villages in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, The Chilterns and the Home Counties.

Filming in the quiet English Countryside is not easy as it is often disrupted by aircraft noise, lawnmowers, chainsaws and on one occasion a very vocal Goose which insisted on honking loudly everytime the cameras started to roll.

I also discovered that Orlando's episode was first broadcast to TV audiences in the UK on 29th January 2000

I just now finished seeing Judgment Day. The episode itself was great, but I was disappointed the pitchfork happened early. :cry:

I heard the name Drinkwater before, and when I did I laughed. Now I really like the name. The name now makes sense.

I'll now be busy watching the rest of the series.

Until I'd watched 'Judgement Day', I'd never seen an episode of 'Midsomer Murders'. We seem to have so many of those types of programmes over here in the UK, that I just didn't bother with it. But I have to admit it was brilliant and I got the person who murdered Peter totally wrong! :doh: (I won't say who I thought it was incase there is anyone here that has yet to see it).

When more episodes are shown, I will definitely make a point of watching them.

Until I'd watched 'Judgement Day', I'd never seen an episode of 'Midsomer Murders'. We seem to have so many of those types of programmes over here in the UK, that I just didn't bother with it.

Me neither! In fact it is so unlike something I would watch that I can't begin to tell you the ribbing I had to put up with from my husband and kids. :blush:

It was a bit slow and ponderous for me and I couldn't get over the police officer's wife and daughter both have legitimate other reasons to be at the scene of the crime.

Mostly though, I couldn't get over Peter Drinkwater. :smoke:

I was very disappointed with the 'extras', but then I suppose I would only have been happy with an hour of Bloom-outakes, and that wasn't going to happen!

A well spent £12.99 - though I didn't mention at home that was how much it cost. I think my husband imagined it was some bargain basement deal and I didn't like to disabuse him. :wink:

I was at the local library yesterday doing a little research when I noticed they have many of the Midsomer Murders on DVD and VHS! I think I gasped out loud. But alas, no Orlando. I guess all I can do is strongly suggest they order set 2. They don't need to know why, now do they? :whistle:

-graycie

My library has some too! But not "Judgement Day" and only on VHS, darn government funding! :rant: But I have confidence that one day it'll show up there and I can check it out . . . and check Peter out! :naughty::lol:

Guest irishlas29

I just searched the bio channel website and it says that the one Orlando is in "Judgement Day" is going to be on Sunday, July 25th at 2pm Eastern Time (USA). They are calling it the murder mystery weekend. Just thought everyone would like to know.

:wave:

Also noticed it is available on netflix lol. I was like, what is this? =)

Karri