Sign in to follow this  
BigBird

4 posts in this topic

Did anyone else in Oz see Mondo Thingo last night? It opened with clips from CK. I was so gob-smacked that hardly remember what they showed - the bit about 'calcium' not being spelled with a 'K' and some sparring, I think, and an excerpt from an interview. I was utterly beside myself and nearly spilled a pile of sequins all over the floor. Just as well no-one else was in the room to see me reduced to a pile of jelly.

Amanda Keller's commentary was along the lines that the lucky makers of this film got their star before he became a hot item in Hollywood and ended with one of her typically wry/sarcastic comments about other cast members getting a chance to punch an elf. :notworthy: at Amanda Keller's feet.

I now have fingers, toes, eyes, crossed that this is an indicator that CK will get a screening here.

Sorry mods - I didn't realise I couldn't use HTML tags in the subject line. :(

Edited by BigBird

Guest Pseudgirl

I missed this, I was watching a DVD instead!! :fear: The Mondo Thingo website has this:

Orlando's blooming

When the lucky producers of the low-budget comedy 'The Calcium Kid' cast Orlando Bloom in the lead, he was a relative nobody.

But now it's being released, he's a 'Pirates of the Caribbean', 'Lord of the Rings' star. And since it's a boxing movie, it's like several of his co-stars get to punch an elf.

ORLANDO BLOOM, ACTOR: It tires you to get punched, and it's tiring to punch. And there's this weird mental thing - actually allowing yourself to hit somebody is a strange thing as well.

Sounds like they should have given the part to Russell Crowe.

(My emphasis) Hmmm, maybe we'll get to see it after all! :w00t:

:rant: I can't believe I missed it!! I usually watch that show. Damn you Law & Order!!!!!!

However :towel: !! Let's hope we do get to see it on the big screen! I've read so many reviews, I think we deserve to decide for ourselves if it's crap or fun.

I got the impression from the clip and commentary that Ms Keller was talking about the UK release. Given that we often get small British movies in Oz that don't make it to the States, there's a bit of a chance - but I'm not holding my breath. But as someone once said, "There's always hope".