Sign in to follow this  
Guest scotsirishgirl

8 posts in this topic

Guest scotsirishgirl

I still have no idea when it will be released in any format in the U.S. I think it is going straight to video, but I'm not sure.

I'll let you all know what I think of CK in a few days.

Namaste,

Cassandra

Guest scotsirishgirl

So, I watched CK last night and had just the best time! FUNNY! Some of the scenes were a little uneven (new director), the script indulged somewhat in stereotypes/caricatures (but, then again, it WAS a mockumentary), and the writing got a touch spotty, but overall it was a great romp. Orlando was adorable! While I consider him to be more of a dramatic actor than a comedic actor, he CAN do comedy. He performance was a little uneven (I've now identified his "acting crutches"), but overall he was really funny. I attribute the uneveness to a "young" director who doesn't necessarily know who to steer actors (young or experienced) away from the aforementioned crutches.

I now understand why this movie was not given big screen release in the U.S. Most American audiences aren't going to get it or even be particularly interested in it. This is more of an "art-house" type film. Also, marketing this would be more expensive that the film is worth. Best to let it go to either arthouses or straight to video.unless they wanted to take the chance on word-of-mouth building an audience (like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...but that is rare).

Since this was made so very early in Orlando's career, there will be no onus on him for making a "direct to video" film. At least it is getting released in cinemas in other countries.

That's it for now.

Namaste,

Cassandra

P.S. I"m buying this when it is out on DVD! Too cute!

There are no news on Calcium Kid release in Romania or Moldova, haven't heard anything about it in Ukraine either.

Cassandra, you are one lucky person: :boxing:

I think that one cannot blame solely the actor for the success or failure of a movie, Orlando is just starting, and even the best of the best in this business had their "direct o video" movies.

(I've now identified his "acting crutches")

OK, Cassandra.spill, what are they?

I am really glad that you enjoyed the movie. It sounds as if it was made to entertain, not to win awards, but that is fine and dandy. Some of my favorite movies are what I call "popcorn movies"....a great time to be had, but don't look for them at the Oscars. :wink:

I hope that there isn't too big a delay in this film coming to DVD in the States, I can't wait to see it. :wub:

Guest scotsirishgirl

He has a tendency to pause, look down, look up, then deliver a line. Sometimes he'll look up instead. At least he does this fairly often in CK. I didn't notice it as much in Ned Kelly (I had to watch it again, just to be sure), but it was still there. I believe he successfully dropped that crutch in Pirates (I'll have to watch that again tonight).

I only remember it from one scene in LOTR (when he tells Galadriel about Gandalf's fall with the Balrog). Peter is far too experienced a director to let any actor get away with any crutches.

He has a tendency to pause, look down, look up, then deliver a line.

Thanks Cassandra, I will have to watch for that. :blink:

Not that I, or any of us Yanks, will be able to see CK any time soon. :angry:

Or Ned Kelly for that matter. :rant:

I will try to look for it in Troy, but I have a feeling that I am going to be a little too distracted to be able to think of anything other than the glorious man-flesh on screen. :naughty:

Cayenne. It's not just you Yanks.. It's us Canucks too! :angry:

CK sounds really great.. I don't expect it to be released here anytime soon. I'm betting it'll go straight to DVD/Video, but I won't mind if it goes to a few theatres first! :)