Guest Guamgirl101

Orlando loves Moroccan food

Now there is no flippin' way I could do the vegan thing. I. Love. CHEESE. And eggs. Hmm, a cheese omlette sounds good right now.with a big old slice of ham. :lol:

mmmmm.I'll bring the ingredients, if your cookin'. I have got to stop reading these threads about food!!

Guest kygirl04
Now there is no flippin' way I could do the vegan thing.  I.  Love.  CHEESE.

I agree. It would be VERY hard for me to be vegan, I love cheese. I've tried vegan cheese, it would be hard to get used to though! But you never know, maybe someday I'll get strong enough to do it! :unsure:

It's good to know that a man loves to try different kinds of foods. imaging Orlando cooking a dinner for herself.. wow.. I just might have to go to the gutter :naughty::lol:

And you get to eat with your hands - what could be more fun?

Now THAT'S a loaded question when asked around a gaggle of Guttermaidens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

:lol:

And you get to eat with your hands - what could be more fun?

Now THAT'S a loaded question when asked around a gaggle of Guttermaidens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

:lol:

Especially when we are talking about ORLANDO'S hands! :naughty:

Did someone say Orlando's hands?

Did someone suggest eating out of Orlando's hands?

Guest SheKender

mmmm middle eastern food. I haven't had a pita sandwich stuffed with falafel in a long while.

Personally I would love to cook for Orlando. But I'm somewhat limited in the kitchen. :rolleyes:

Now why'd you have to go and get me started? :devil:

Guest Liandra_Domanyi

:lol: Why am I not surprised to see Adrianne here with that particular comment? It's the Orlando-Hands Radar going off again! I can almost see her ears perk wherever she is. Makes you want to whisper hands somewhere just to see the reaction. :shiny:

I don't know, if I really liked a dish and found out how it was made, I might try to get the original stuff in which it was made to try to make it myself. But of course, being the techie I am, I'd also scout the internet to find various recipes and cooking methods. I love trying ethnic foods. They have an Indian restaurant come in where I work almost weekly and I loved it - rice and peas and chicken in this great sauce (can't remember the name). Of course, I try to stay away from rice (carbs, ya know) currently, so no Indian yummies for me for a while. :( I adored the bread, the name of which I can't remember to save my life at the moment. It's been a while since I've had it. Oh well, the man has a body and a metabolism I'd kill to have.and you can take that however you want. :whistle:

Guest Elorian
I tried the vegetarianism thing last year.  Didn't last long, as my iron level plummeted and my energy went to zero.

Now there is no flippin' way I could do the vegan thing.  I.  Love.  CHEESE.

I know what you mean. I am vegan with guidance. It is tricky and I have to take iron supplements, etc. (I also have a nutritionist. ) Had to do this for health reasons. Many of the foods I used to love still smell very appealing. I love cheese too. Pizza was my fave, so of course I've been offered more free pizza since I stopped eating it than in my whole life. Had to give it up not only for health reasons but because of my conscience when I became aware of certain things.

Love my fellow ka-Bloomies. You all make life much more fun and interesting.

:wave:

El

Guest Galadriel

Orlando and Food. Two of my favorite things! I love Morocco food, and Middle Eastern cuisine in general. (One of best meals I ever had was a Moroccan restaurant attached to the big mosque in Paris. I'm drooling just thinking about it. :drool:) I wouldn't mind shopping in a Moroccan market with Orlando either - all those narrow, winding alleys, you could easily get lost.

I agree with Galadriel - Orlando and food - what could be better? :shiny: I love this board!

I'm not sure if I've ever had Moroccan fodd specifically, but I adore Lebanese/Middle Eastern food in general, so I'm pretty sure I'd like it! My friend's family owns a restaurant here in town (they're Lebanese) and the food is spectacular, but going to their house or family gatherings for the really 'authentic' stuff made by all his aunts and family friends is even better!

As fo couscous - it's my 6 year old's favorite side dish! I get the Far East boxes of the stuff and she likes to help cook it. She's proud of the fact that she knows how to make couscous! :P

This is all making me very hungry.and making me miss my old next-door neighbors - they were from Sri Lanka and she used to make the most delicious rice and vegatble dishes. So much flavor and color - it's making my mouth water!

Guest Solana
Now there is no flippin' way I could do the vegan thing. I. Love. CHEESE. And eggs. Hmm, a cheese omlette sounds good right now.with a big old slice of ham. :lol:

Me either! My boss and his wife are vegan and I am amazed at how they cope seeing as how most restaurants are vegan unfriendly. I could never order a burrito without sour cream and cheese. Let's face it, I'm fom Wisconsin, America's Dairyland, and it would be a travesty if I gave up one of the best things this state produces. I like a bit of meat at least a couple times a week myself as well. But how can you think of an omelette with ham on Easter Sunday? Don't you get enough ham for dinner!? :wink:

As far as Orlando cooking, somehow I'm under the impression he's not completely incompetent in the kitchen. You don't move away from home at 16 without learning a few things. Obviously he didn't starve to death - thank the gods! Call me brave, but I would be happy to sample anything he experiments cooking. :whistle:

Guest Silmarien

*sigh* A man that can cook.I consider that quite romantic.and extraordinarily convenient. :lol: Especially if he has good taste. :wub::yum:

I've actually never had any. Any recommendations?

There are actually some very fine Moroccan restaurant in Los Angeles, but I will have to do a bit of google searching to remember the names.

It was years ago that I went, but the wonderful thing I remember was that the entire meal was presented like a play in a theater. The food and the eating with the fingers just added to the over all fun of the evening. If ever you are invited or take it upon yourself to go to one of these restaurants, go! Take a bunch of friends, go and have the time of your life.