Sign in to follow this  
Guest groovychick

19 posts in this topic

Guest groovychick

Please bear with me, as I am fairly new to these boards. I've browsed for months but I've just got the Internet in my home. So :faint: Newbie here.

:drool:minor spoilers :faint:

Well, I'm writing to tell you about some Calcium Kid clips I saw on the television today.

I was eating lunch and watching this morning Saturday show on Channel 4 called T4, and they have this weekly update on movies.

It's about 5 minutes in total and they touched open the topic of Billy Piper, saying how her acting career has gone up and all that. They featured her at BAFTA's and then showed some clips of her in The Calcium Kid.

They were not behind the scene ones (which are the only ones I've seen of the film) but those from the movie. It was of Billie and the blondes first. In front of a corner shop in Vauxhall (I know the place because 5 years ago my mates sneaked some sweeties from there and in result, all of us were banned :faint: ) like they were advertising Jimmy's boxing match or something.

Orlando as Jimmy, soon after comes along and he's doing all these cool moves in front of the girls. It's quite funny because as he's boxing, some man on a bike comes from behind him and knocks him right over to the floor! :faint:

There was then a clip of Jimmy gulping down a WHOLE pint of milk, at mega pace. The clip was speeded up or something but I certainly couldn't drink a whole pint of milk in one go like he did! Then, there was one of Jimmy in his milkvan, driving and talking to the camera.

I couldn't hear what he was saying, because people were talking behind. But Orlando was definitely talking straight to the camera. So it must be those type of documentaries that get the main character speaking to the audience! :dbb:

Then there was a clip on Orlando talking about Billie Piper, but I can't remember exactly what he said. I was trying to get my :wine: VCR to work, and it still didn't! :yum: But I think he said something like she was a good co-star or something. I didn't sense anything negative from him.

The rest just went on about Billie Piper. The clips were the first I've seen of the film and not of the boxing or behind the scenes. So I just wanted you guys to know. I'm sorry if I went on, but I didn't manage to get it down on tape or megabytes so I've written down for you.

So I'll stop now, but I just have to say that by the looks of things, the film looks like it's going to be GREAT! :dbb:

Guest claddagh

This sounds great, thanks for telling us about it groovychick. It's great that the promos are starting but I do wish they would release the trailer!

Orlando as Jimmy, soon after comes along and he's doing all these cool moves in front of the girls. It's quite funny because as he's boxing, some man on a bike comes from behind him and knocks him right over to the floor! :unsure:

:wave: Thats so cute! I really want to see this movie now! All Ka-Bloomies in the UK must tell all of us about every little thing and detail when it comes out!

Guest Aroreiel
Orlando as Jimmy, soon after comes along and he's doing all these cool moves in front of the girls. It's quite funny because as he's boxing, some man on a bike comes from behind him and knocks him right over to the floor! :wave:

Awwwww no! Bad man on the bike! I wanna go and :unsure: him down. Poor Jimmy!

:fear:

Awww, I missed it. :cry: .and I bet that won't ever get repeated. I'm so anxious to see Jimmy, I can't wait for this movie. I just wish they'd release the trailer already!

Guest elfdancr426

Oh. My. :wub:

Did I read it correctly? I'm hoping I didn't just read that there's footage of Orlando as Jimmy, downing an entire pint of milk in one sitting. Tilting that head back with the dark, glossy curls in adorable disarray. Wrapping those lips around the mouth of the bottle. Exposing the lovely delicacies of the nuzzle zone, his throat and neck muscles undulating in sensuous rhythm as he drinks, making sure to get Every. Last. Drop.

Finishes. Sighs.

The pink wetness of his tongue flicks out and runs across milk-moistened lips in an unconsciously maddening display.

I can only pray that he doesn't look at the camera afterwards, because adding those deep, persuasive brown eyes to this is out of the question. :blink: Thank you, groovychick! Needed that. :rant:

Guest Elements
:w00t: Why can't there be warnings about these things? I was watching T4 for ages yesterday and must have switched off right before it was on. Stupid TV.

Missed it.no fair :(

Thanks for the update groovychick.

I'm starting to get a little more excited about this film now.up to now I've been rather ignoring it in favour of Troy :paperbag: (Probably because, up to now, the powers that be have repeatedly moved the bloody release date.:w00t: )

Gah! How did I miss this!?

So unfair.

And how is it that you can spend hours on the net downloading various video clips and trailers and things, and then miss something like this - which would require no effort at all to watch?

My Orlan-dar must be on the blink. *sigh* I agree with everyone who wants to see the trailer, already. They've had ages to put one together with all the moving they've done of the release date, so why haven't we seen it yet?

I'm actually quite fearful that my local cinema won't be showing this, and that I'll have to try to go up to London to see it - I wanted to see 21 grams this weekend but my local Odeon isn't going to have it!

Kathryn.

Guest unplugged32
Orlando as Jimmy, soon after comes along and he's doing all these cool moves in front of the girls. It's quite funny because as he's boxing, some man on a bike comes from behind him and knocks him right over to the floor! 

Thanks groovychick. That image is going to keep a silly grin on my face all day. :wub: I'm really looking forward to seeing Orlando in a 'light' role and from the bits you've described it sounds like this one is going to be fun. :wub:

Why can't there be warnings about these things? I was watching T4 for ages yesterday and must have switched off right before it was on. Stupid TV.

I agree. They should have special announcements like emergency news flashes. "A quick reminder to everyone, Orlando Bloom will be on this channel in seventeen minutes' time". I missed this too!

BTW, Picked up one of those forthcoming movie mags at the cinema last week and there was a picture of Jimmy driving the milk float and a nice plug for The Calcium Kid. Three days later, my husband asked me "Did you know Orlando Bloom's made a film about being a boxing milkman?" Me: "Oh yes, I think I did see that somewhere.."

Then there was a clip on Orlando talking about Billie Piper, but I can't remember exactly what he said. I was trying to get my  :censor: VCR to work, and it still didn't! :rant:  But I think he said something like she was a good co-star or something. I didn't sense anything negative from him.

I just noticed today that Channel 4's website has posted up this Calcium Kid cast interview clip, about 3:44 minutes long. Orlando is first (about 1:20 worth), followed by Omid Djalili, and then Billie Piper.

I think this is what groovychick saw, in reference to Orlando discussing Piper. It also appears to have come from the same interview which produced the very brief Orlando interview clip ("It's all in the hips.") that was shown this past weekend on T4, and which was grabbed for us by Jupiter.

EDIT: Jan has confirmed the interview clip posted at Channel 4 is the same interview which was on AOL (see HopelessRomantic's post in Video Grabs and Clips).

Edited by Ginger