Sign in to follow this  
Guest MDragon

Limited Release

Wow!!! I'll never look at another movie theater the same!!

In this 'burb of Dallas (with a population of almost 1/4 million souls!) Cinemark is the only house in town. They have two mega-sites, and a $1.00 theater. Frankly, I'm hoping that if NK plays in the area, it's in a nice, quaint funky place downtown Dallas. Good excuse for me to ride the rails!

Usually it's back an forth like one will get Van Helsing and the other one will get Troy.

From what I understand from early pre-screenings, there may not be a whole lot of fighting over the rights to show Van Helsing.

It apparantly stinks on ice. :naughty:

Guest elfdream

We have Camike.and it owns both theaters in this little town.so little competition but we get pretty much everything.

Would be nice if someone else came to town.

elfdream

I have a sinking feeling that for the time being, here in the US, it'll only be released in NY, LA and Chicago.  If they go for the "top 5" you can add Washington/Baltimore and San Francisco.

Dallas/Fort Worth is ranked #9 --- we even beat Houston in the last census. B)

I'm really curious what their criteria for "big" city is, but the guy I was speaking to was a receptionist and he kept putting me on hold to go get the answers to my questions.  I really wanted to tell him to just put me through some one in distribution, but I didn't want to be rude.  Since I had already identified myself as calling from the Dallas area, I didn't want to burst any bubbles as to how friendly Texans are!

:cheers: Howdy neighbor. Fort Worthian here. We really need to come up with a secret handshake or T-shirt or button or something. To help us identify fellow Kabloomies. :(

April

Waaaaaaah!!! :w00t: Thanks for all the info ladies! :wub: Ok so maybe I made a big hulabaloo about nothing, but I'm still crossing my fingers as I inch toward my front door, quickly open it, yell

EIGHT days!!!

and duck back inside. Well, if my theatres are destined by the movie gods to not show Ned Kelly, then I'm in for the long haul dvd wait with the rest of you Ka-Bloomies. :flowers: :wave: Besides, from what I hear about all the kissy scenes and sexiness involving Orlando, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :rant:

Talk about sucking!!! I can't believe I have to wait, most likely. until October to see Orlando in, Ned Kelly! :rant: Waaaaa!! :wave: How in the heck do they rate the movies that they expect us Americans to go and see? Apparently what the demand is, means nothing to the cinema people! Thank Goodness I did not waste my money on so many of the other flops here. Gigli, Cheaper by the Dozen and The Haunted Mansion, just to name a very few. Gosh darn it, I am just so mad about the stupidness of it all! I don't really want any spoilers, but some great pictures would be appreciated to go on ,until we can get the actual movie here. Hint,the one with him in the bathtub! You fellow Ka~Bloomies who have better access.HOOK US UP!! Please!!

Guest h_gaxiola

Hm, well this news just made me more sad. First the 'Select Cities' (I live in Anchorage Alaska so I won't be seing it here :wave: ) and now Limited Release! Jeez, they really are trying to make it so no ka-bloomies see this movie, or so it seems.

What about DVD release, anyone know the date for that?

Guest Solana

Thanks for all the info MovieImp. Kinda makes me want to :wave: !!!!!!! Or staple my tongue to a table!

In my neck of the woods, we have ONE indie/foreign film cinema and I guess I will consider myself lucky if NK comes there. Of course, I'd be extremely lucky if it ended up going into wide release and came to one of the regular theaters in town. I will be in Las Vegas the weekend after it comes out and I'm hoping it will be playing there somwhere. *crosses fingers* :wave:

I don't really want any spoilers, but some great pictures would be appreciated to go on ,until we can get the actual movie here. Hint,the one with him in the bathtub! [/ QUOTE]

You'll find this picture along with lots of other lovely screencaps from Ned Kelly in the ka-bloom Gallerie d'Orlando. :grouphug:

Edit - Sorry Gina . :wink: I have taken the picture off this post as it made the thread too wide.

Edited by Sunstar

Sunstar . . . that's was just plain cruel and unusual punishment! (:wink:) Here we all (well, most) are lamenting that NK probably won't be opening in our "small" cities next week and ya have to go and put up that picture. Yikes!!

I confused --- feeling withdrawals without even having indulged yet. That's just . . . not right!

Guest Niamh

Okay, call me stupid or call me hopeful but this is what I just received from my Landmark newsletter:

Following are the MAGNOLIA showtimes for Friday March 19th through

Thursday March 25th.

CONTINUING THIS WEEK!! MONSIEUR IBRAHIM

Friday - Thursday: (12:30, 2:50), 5:30, 7:45, 9:55

CONTINUING THIS WEEK!! THE DREAMERS

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/thedreamers/

Landmark Theatres Exclusive! Director Bernardo Bertolucci pays tribute

to the spirit of youth: http://www.movienet.com/dreamers.html

Friday - Thursday: (12:00, 2:30), 5:00, 7:25, 9:50

CONTINUING THIS WEEK!! TOUCHING THE VOID

http://www.ifcfilms.com/ifcfilms/0,7271,CA.CC0000-,00.html

Friday - Thursday: (12:20), 5:20, 10:10

CONTINUING THIS WEEK!! THE TRIPLETS OF BELLEVILLE

Friday - Thursday: (12:40, 3:10), 5:40, 8:05, 10:15

*No 8:05 showing on Monday March 22nd*

CONTINUING THIS WEEK!! THE COOLER

http://www.thecoolermovie.com/

Friday - Thursday: (3:00), 7:55

CONTINUING THIS WEEK!! MONSTER

http://www.monsterfilm.com/

Friday - Thursday: (12:10, 2:40), 5:10, 7:35 and 10:00

COMING SOON!!!

THE LADYKILLERS - Opens March 26th

ttp://ladykillers.movies.go.com/main.html

NED KELLY - Opens March 26th (my emphasis obviously! :grouphug:

http://www.nedkellythemovie.com/

THE UNITED STATES OF LELAND - Opens April 9th

http://www.paramountclassics.com/leland/

I'M NOT SCARED - Opens April 23rd

CLOSE YOUR EYES - Opens April 30th

AMERICA'S HEART AND SOUL - Opens July 2nd

If this is true, please oh please let it be true, then Gina was right except it will be playing at the Mag and not the Inwood. :)

Okay, call me stupid or call me hopeful but this is what I just received from my Landmark newsletter:

NED KELLY - Opens March 26th (my emphasis obviously! :hug:

http://www.nedkellythemovie.com/

If this is true, please oh please let it be true, then Gina was right except it will be playing at the Mag and not the Inwood. :hug:

Wwwwait a minute. :whistle: I don't get it. Does this mean Ned Kelly will be in wide release in May or just your theatre? Either way I'm glad for, um, you. Geez, do you see this people?! Those movie"releasers" have us scurrying around frantically to find out about the opening and seriously harping on our hopes. I mean really, you put a pictures out there of Orlando in a tub (:naughty: oh yeah) and then tell us it's"limited release"!! :smoke: Grrrr. I want my Bloom-in-a-bath and NOW!

SEVEN days!!!! <-----at least that's what the counter says :wink: .

Guest guitarchick

Why does SEVEN DAYS have to remind me so distinctly of another movie? :whistle::naughty:

I don't think we have Landmark theatres here, we have one Century and the rest I don't know. I just know we have like five movie theatres. If it pops up at even one I'm going to kiss whoever is in charge. Though I doubt it will because I live in a small town.

Guest Niamh
Does this mean Ned Kelly will be in wide release in May or just your theatre?

My theater only. The newsletter is specific to the Dallas/Ft.Worth market and only covers the Magnolia and the Inwood theaters here in Dallas. Both are owned by Landmark and Landmark is responsible for the newsletter but it's geared for specific areas. Sorry about that. I suppose I'm a bit overexcited. :paperbag:

Landmark theaters are independent/foreign film theaters and you can see if there's one in your area by going to Landmark's site

I just tested my link and checked their films list. They still don't have Ned Kelly listed. This makes me wonder if both the AMC Grand and the Magnolia are going to be showing Ned Kelly. Now wouldn't that just be ironic. :yum:

NED KELLY - Opens March 26th (my emphasis obviously!  :faint:

Stupid? Never!! Hopeful?? Definitely and I'm right there with you!!!!!!! But that means the people at FocusFeatures don't have a clue where and when they are distributing the film. So if it opens, I'll call them "stupid"!

I'm holding my breath!! Where is the Magnolia? Near at Dart Rail stop I hope!!

Guest Niamh
I'm holding my breath!! Where is the Magnolia? Near at Dart Rail stop I hope!!

Um, not really but you could take a bus from the station. I think it may be near University station but I'll have to check on that. Your best bet is to take 75 south to the HASKELL AVE - BLACKBURN ST/LEMMON AVE exit, exit #1B. Go west on Lemmon to McKinney. The Magnolia is in the West Village shopping/living center on your right-hand side. You can also just go west on Lemmon until just past McKinney and take the first drive into the shopping center. The Magnolia faces this street but you can see the Marquee from Lemmon. Parking is in the center parking garage, unless you like parking in busy, tight places, and it's free.

Here's the site for trip planning. For starting point I used the Landmarks>East Plano transit center, for destination I used Landmarks, Destination -Entertainment, Magnolia. The trip is shorter than I expected. The drive time, during non-peak hours would be about 20 to 30 minutes.

Guest elfdream

So is there anyone in the immediate DC area who knows anything? I'm in the general area but I have to cross a small mountain and force myself through horrible traffic to get there.it takes me about an hour or so. I will only make the trip if its a sure thing.

elfdream

Your best bet is to take 75 south to the HASKELL AVE - BLACKBURN ST/LEMMON AVE exit, exit #1B. Go west on Lemmon to McKinney. The Magnolia is in the West Village shopping/living center on your right-hand side.

Sounds real close to Luke's (the runner's store) and Eatzi's, one of our faves when in the area. That's really not a bad drive if it's where I think it is. Not close to Dart Rail, that's for sure!

Guest laconejita

BoxOfficeMojo.com is estimating that Ned Kelly will open on the 26th in a grand total of:

22 theatres!

No word on which theatres these are. Good luck, fellow ka-Bloomies!

Guest daydreamer58
Anyhow, if it does well in the "big" city markets, they'll go into a wider release, but no one knows when that will be.

So, all you who are living in the really "big" cities here in the US, please go support this movie so those of us who live in 5+ million populated SMALL towns will have an opportunity to see this film.

Thanks.

Checking the Fandango website for the New York Loews chain I see Ned Kelly is listed to start playing on March 26 though it doesn't yet list the theatres that are going to show it or any dates/times. So it looks like I might be one of the fortunate ones to live near a big city (I'm in New Jersey--it's an easy 1 hour train ride to Manhattan if I decide not to drive in). I'll certainly do my part and see it enough times to rack up the early ticket sales so hopefully the rest of you guys can get to see it in a theatre near you! I'll see if I can get my two sisters to go with me (they're not Bloom fans, yet).

Guest SarcasticCheese

Hmmmm. Movietickets.com shows it as Nationwide Release.

So cornfusing.

Well, poop. . I thought that displaying the poster in the lobby of the theater meant the movie was definitely coming to that theater. . :blink:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it comes here to central Illinois.

I really want to see "ladies' man" 'Orlando. . Mm, baby.

Yea! Just found out my local theater is getting Ned Kelly. Okies thats one, good things happen in threes. Alright two is that Orlando shows up at my theater to watch it... And he sits right next to me. :rolleyes: And if the Troy trailer came on too! Okies I would die right there!

Yup only 22 theatres. Bummer isn't it. I won't find out until Monday if we are getting it but from the booking sheet last night it didn't look like it. Hopefully it will play somewhere in Atlanta.

Guest Niamh
Sounds real close to Luke's (the runner's store) and Eatzi's

Eatzi's is on Oaklawn, just off of Lemmon. The Magnolia is closer to 75, where Lemmon is divided into two one way streets but, yeah, it's in the same area and is pretty easy to get to. There are a lot of cool shops around the theater - very expensive and most very overpriced but still fun to look through. That whole area is just wonderful for shopping, eating, and entertainment.