MovieImp

118 posts in this topic

Ok, my brain seems to be in a KOH state of mind. So, when do y'all think we'll start seeing more write-ups in magazines on KOH? Since it's scheduled to be released close the date TROY was this year, I thought the publicity would start around the same time. But I've slept since then.and can't remember when we started seeing magazines about that movie. Sorry for the ramble.my question is when will we see the publicity start in earnest for KOH and when might we expect to see the trailer?

Anyone?

I wasn't sure where to ask this question. This looks like it might be the right place.

The question is this, it is just me or have there been more showing of Ridley Scott (and Cameron Crowe) films on tv the past couple of months?

The past weekend Gladiator was shown Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Is this part of the publicity for the upcoming release of KOH or am I reading too much into it?

The past weekend Gladiator was shown Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Is this part of the publicity for the upcoming release of KOH or am I reading too much into it?

Serendipity, I was thinking the same thing. Blade Runner and GI Jane were also on this weekend. It was like a Ridley-Fest!

You know, I watched Gladiator twice this weekend, but I didn't even think of the publicity thing. I did think about Ridley Scott, KOH and Orlando, of course, while I was watching it, but not in that sense. You may be right though.

I was thinking about the same thing, Serendipity. I think Ridley is hoping those watching Gladiator will be interested in seeing KOH too.

I'm glad you brought this up Serendipity. I was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if during the promo time, they'll also show BHD? I'm going to be looking for it.

I'm also wondering if they'll show POTC. Just to give movie goers a chance to see Orlando in a few of his earlier movies. And to familiarize those that don't really know him other than Legolas.

Candi

It's just happy coincidence. Gladiator has been out on DVD and other outlets long enough to finally make it to TV. Pirates is still playing on pay-per-view as it keeps poping up on my TiVO. So is Troy for that matter.

Black Hawk Down was on here in the UK at the weekend.

And thinking about it, Thelma and Louise was on just a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure whether it's just coincidence, or the publicity people doing a good job, or maybe the schedulers being aware that Ridley's got a new film out this year, and people will be hearing his name again and interested in his past films.

Kathryn.

Ok in tonight's Entertainment Tonight, they showed a snipit from KOH and it contained a new scene.

Orlando aka Balian actually smacks someone across the face. Dang but just that flash I tensed up. Anyone else see it?

Ok in tonight's Entertainment Tonight, they showed a snipit from KOH and it contained a new scene.

Orlando aka Balian actually smacks someone across the face. Dang but just that flash I tensed up. Anyone else see it?

I heard Orlando's name, looked at the tv, saw the end of the slap and, dang it, the clip was over! :(

Multi-tasking is not always a good thing.

Krissy :crusader:

Drat, I missed it too. I wonder if he was slapping Brendan Gleeson? Wouldn't that be a hoot. :lol:

Orlando to Brendan: "Payback's a b***h!

Sorry, just my weird sense of humor. :paperbag:

Orlando aka Balian actually smacks someone across the face.  Dang but just that flash I tensed up.  Anyone else see it?

Thanks for the info, MovieImp.

Those of us who are in the UK will be able to catch ET at 2pm today on Sky One, it will be repeated tomorrow at 2:40am (Sky One) and 12:45pm (Sky One Mix).

Now, I just need to remember to record it. :wink:

Just saw it. Glad I was looking at the board now, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Pretty impressive slap, but it was not directed to Brendan Gleeson. It would've been poetic justice to Menelaus, huh? :wink:

Hi,

I'm not sure that I'm posting this in the right place, but I just wanted to say that I'd watched the docudrama on "Richard the Lionheart and Saladin.Holy Warriors" that was broadcast on Saturday night on BBC2. Picked it up from the news section on Ka-Bloom so don't know if anyone else saw it.

It was billed as being based on the latest research and expert analysis. It was typical docudrama sound bite stuff , left lots of questions unanswered but was interesting to watch. The credibitly of such documentaries is always a bit difficult to gauge as they are not well referenced. Anyway, the story that it told was pretty much as I recall the crusades from school, but with a bit more insight into the political motivation of Saladin. There did not seem to be anything here that contradicts the snippets that I've heard about the historical setting used in KOH.

As I understand it, in "Gladiator" Ridley Scott discarded historical accuracy in favour of a good story so you wouldn't want to predict anything on that score. And of course this is a sensative area. And lets face it anything can be made controversial if you take the right angle and use the right quote in the wrong context. But I was quite comforted by the fact the fact that this BCC research seems to support the kind of things that I've heard Ridley Scott quoted as talking about. Not that I'm personally that bothered by historical accuracy. KOH is ultimately a work of fiction but some of the articles I've read are indicating that a fuss will be made about the way that the historical setting is presented.

I just can't wait to see the film myself.

Cheers

Tatoola

:balian:

Edited to delete excessive spacing.

Sky Showbiz - The Summer's Blockbusters

The Summer's Blockbusters

Hollywood is about to unleash its big guns - the blockbuster movies of summer.

Our Tinseltown columnist SANDRO MONETTI takes a personal look ahead at the treats - and the torture - in store..(Anticipated UK release dates are in brackets.)

. . .

KINGDOM OF HEAVEN (May 6)

Orlando Bloom seems way too wimpy to carry off the lead role as a tough leader of men in this 12th century battle epic. But if anyone can get a decent performance out of him then it's cigar-chomping ace director Ridley Scott, who has a real flair for the spectacular.

Who is Sandro Monetti, and where does he live?

Not that he matters much, he thinks CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY looks 'cheesy' and he didn't even list Sean Bean in the cast of THE ISLAND.

Dairwendan

UGH! If I hear people hear people calling Orlando "wimpy" one more time, I am going to SCREAM. :rant: Why is it that people just can't seem to differentiate the character from the actor? But I guess it should be considered a compliment. Come, May, so that we may NEVER hear that word again when describing Orlando.

What? Orlando wimpy? Says who? I guess this guy. :rolleyes: It makes me agrey too, Suzie. I hope that if Orlando reads this, that he doesn't take it personally.

Just for the heck of it, I went to Fandango to see if it would list where KOH would play in my area.

I nearly did a spit-take at their 'synopsis'. Whomever wrote it should be fired!

A princess loves a Balian Knight (formerly a peasant) who helps save the kingdom.

:wtf:

The Balian Knight formerly known as Peasant?

He saves the Kingdom. Did anyone bother to tell that to Balian?

I'd write in to straighten them out, but I like the idea of them looking like eedgits a little bit too much.

Just for the heck of it, I went to Fandango to see if it would list where KOH would play in my area.

I nearly did a spit-take at their 'synopsis'.  Whomever wrote it should be fired!

A princess loves a Balian Knight (formerly a peasant) who helps save the kingdom.

:lmao: "The Balian Knight formerly known as Peasant?" Who writes this stuff? This is like saying the Artist formerly known as The Prince saves his kingdom! These guys never cease to amaze me. :eedgit:

My heart is just :throb: . Today is the first day (and I have been waiting for a while now) where I finally heard the words: Two for the Orlando Bloom movie! Of course they were idiots and couldn't see the big honkin' Coming Soon sticker on the poster. But I was so thrilled at hearing those words and coming from adults I forgot to make fun of them.

We had another couple ask for the "crusades" movie but I'm still thrilled to finally hear, the Orlando Bloom movie. Does my heart proud to bursting.

:wub: Awww, thanks for sharing, MI. I got a wee goosebumperish just reading it.

My heart is just  :throb: .  Today is the first day (and I have been waiting for a while now) where I finally heard the words:  Two for the Orlando Bloom movie! 

And MI, you lucky duck, this is just the beginning! I'm all a :throb: with you.

I BELIEVE!

Aliza

:wave: Hi y'all! I just returned from seeing KoH with Sassafrass and Rosiree and we all liked it very much! I did mention to Rosiree that he kind of got over his wife fast but, I guess we really do not know how long it might have taken him to get there and all! I loved it though and we will all meet up and watch it again together before it leaves the theatres here I hope!

It was so nice to actually meet some fellow Ka~Bloomies and put faces to avatars and made up names, for some of us. We had lunch and got to know each other. I think that the North Carolina Ka~Bloomie sistahs are going to be quite the item at the Concord Mills Mall in the future. :2thumbs: Hopefully more will come eventually!

Did anyone notice that some scenes seemed to be missing? For example, some scenes from the love scene that featured in the trailer. I posted about this but it's disappeared. Think they will be on the DVD?

Guest earthcrosser
Did anyone notice that some scenes seemed to be missing?  For example, some scenes from the love scene that featured in the trailer.  I posted about this but it's disappeared.  Think they will be on the DVD?

Funny you should say that! I noticed a little of that, although, I was looking for another love scene. :whistle:

You know the shot where Eva is wearing long black gloves, and Orlando is shirtless? That wasn't in the movie. :huh: