MovieImp

118 posts in this topic

Guest guitarchick

I'd love to see them! I haven't seen any on Wireimage or anything.

First - if there are pictures taken on the "Red Carpet", that is not a problem. I have certainly not seen any, and there are none on the better-known (and not-so-better known) photo websites.

In the ones I refer to, he and Kate are obviously NOT happy about being chased down all the way to their car. Both of them are well-versed in posing for the camera, and these were NOT posed for. There are none taken of them inside the venue, either (on the sites that do have pics from that party), which almost makes me suspicious of where exactly they were taken.

Second, regarding May 2005: Imp, that's going to be ugly no matter HOW you look at it. Someone is going to come out a loser in that game, especially the moviegoers. (Personally, I'm interested in everything except the XXX one.)

I would really love to see KoH as a year-end release (2004, not 2005!), where it's not up against the big FX, high-body-count action flicks; I don't see it as being that kind of movie.

*Sigh* If only WE ran the studios, eh? B)

Guest dove
First - if there are pictures taken on the "Red Carpet", that is not a problem. I have certainly not seen any, and there are none on the better-known (and not-so-better known) photo websites.

In the ones I refer to, he and Kate are obviously NOT happy about being chased down all the way to their car. Both of them are well-versed in posing for the camera, and these were NOT posed for. There are none taken of them inside the venue, either (on the sites that do have pics from that party), which almost makes me suspicious of where exactly they were taken.

The pictures I referred to and described in my post above do not involve a car or any "chasing down" whatsoever. They are from a picture agency that covered the party arrivals. I would neither post about, or post pictures that involved Orlando being 'hunted' "chased down" or looking "obviously not happy".

I am also well aware of the rules here and am not about to break them.

The pictures I referred to and described in my post above do not involve a car or any "chasing down" whatsoever. They are from a picture agency that covered the party arrivals. I would neither post about, or post pictures that involved Orlando being 'hunted' "chased down" or looking "obviously not happy".

I am also well aware of the rules here and am not about to break them.

dove, I never thought you would. I was skeptical because I haven't seen any pictures except those referred to.

Please feel free to post them - and it's probably best over in the Pictures area, so they aren't 'buried' in here.

Thanks. :)

Guest Deb
First - if there are pictures taken on the "Red Carpet", that is not a problem.  I have certainly not seen any, and there are none on the better-known (and not-so-better known) photo websites.

In the ones I refer to, he and Kate are obviously NOT happy about being chased down all the way to their car.  Both of them are well-versed in posing for the camera, and these were NOT posed for.  There are none taken of them inside the venue, either (on the sites that do have pics from that party), which almost makes me suspicious of where exactly they were taken.

I did a small search and found the pics at the katebosworthfan site. My opinion is that the pics are totally paparazzi that's why I don't post the exact link to the pics.

I don't think the pics were taken on the red carpet.they are probably leaving from the back door or something and the photographer chased them like Jan said.

I hope some more official and "posing" ones will appear soon though! Orlando is too cute with the headband/bandana thing :wink:

Guest dove
First - if there are pictures taken on the "Red Carpet", that is not a problem.  I have certainly not seen any, and there are none on the better-known (and not-so-better known) photo websites.

In the ones I refer to, he and Kate are obviously NOT happy about being chased down all the way to their car.  Both of them are well-versed in posing for the camera, and these were NOT posed for.  There are none taken of them inside the venue, either (on the sites that do have pics from that party), which almost makes me suspicious of where exactly they were taken.

I did a small search and found the pics at the katebosworthfan site. My opinion is that the pics are totally paparazzi that's why I don't post the exact link to the pics.

I don't think the pics were taken on the red carpet.they are probably leaving from the back door or something and the photographer chased them like Jan said.

I hope some more official and "posing" ones will appear soon though! Orlando is too cute with the headband/bandana thing :wink:

But not the pictures I was referring to! Oh well.

Guest Choccie_Buttons

Hi Dove,

I've looked through all the major photo agencies (sp) and I can't find the photograph's you are refering to, so can you please see me a PM and point me in the right direction. Thanks.

hugs,

CB

But not the pictures I was referring to! Oh well.

Well, we could solve this whole issue if we could see the pictures you are referring to. If you don't have a way to host them, let me know.

Stinkin' evil' devil's-spawn paparazzi. :rant:

However, two words: Clean. Shaven. :wub:

Just saw 'em.Balian hair + baby face= :drool::faint:

Maybe this will be his look for E-Town? (please, please, please, please) :naughty:

I have only seen paparazzi pictures of Kate and Orlando at the Virgin Cola Party as well. I would love to see the ones Dove has seen.

If anyone ever does see pics of Orlando (or any other star anywhere) but cannot tell if they are Paparazzi or Red Carpet, there are usually three clues.

1. There will be a wall full of the Logo design of the Sponsor of the event behind the celebrity posing. This is a way for the sponsor to say 'Hey look what cool people came to our party! That makes us cool too! ' *LOL* THis is the designated place for press photographers. The celebrities, by posing in front of that wall, are aware that the pics taken will be published and are basicly giving their permission for pics of them taken there to be printed.

If there is no Logo design to be seen anywhere in the photo, it is a clue that it is probably paparazzi.

For example, if you go to the Daily Celeb Virgin Colas' After Party Page you will see pics of celebs in front of the Virgin logo wall. None of the pics of Orlando on that site, though, are in front of the wall.

2. The celebrities will be standing still. If they're walking, then it is almost certainly a paprazzi photo. Generally, if a celebrity wants his or her picture taken, he or she will pose for it, obviously. In a big photo Op, like at Cannes, of course celbrities will be moving about a bit, but you can tell that they know their picture is being taken.

3. The celebrity will be looking at the camera. This one is chancy. Often a paparazzi photographer will call a celebrity's name to get him or her to look at the camera, and red carpet photos can certainly be taken in profile or from behind, so you need to read the expresssion on the face and take this into consideration with the other two clues.

Dairwendan

Just FYI, Sid is back home from Morocco! He got back over the weekend - filming ran 3 weeks late. Reports from my spy say that he has long hair and is clean-shaven. He's also sporting "a spectacular tan". I'm still waiting for confirmation that the tan is even all over his face, which would indicate that Sid does NOT wear a beard in the movie.

Sid ate dinner with Orlando a couple of times and came away saying that "he was a truly nice person and that [sid] really liked him a lot" and "that Orlando's life is a bit surreal these days but that he seemed to be handling it well."

More details as they become available.

Mel

Guest Rita

Thanks for passing along that information, Kira.

...filming ran 3 weeks late.

I guess that explains why Orlando did so little Troy publicity. If KoH was already running late, Ridley Scott wouldn't have wanted to let him go, even for a few days. But actually, 3 weeks isn't so bad compared to what has happened with some other movies -- including Troy. It sounds as though there weren't any hurricanes or serious injuries or other major problems to delay the KoH shoot, the way there were with the Troy shoot.

Sweet! Now if we can just get official confirmation, I have a certain page awaiting deployment on Sid City. :whistle:

Kira

Kira, Variety.com put Kingdom of Heaven officially in post-production on June 14th.

Guest cassie

Well I’m glad that it will have May 6th all to its self (assuming some other movies don't choose that release date)Does anyone have any idea of when we should expect to see a teaser trailer? I mean they showed the one for Troy in November could we expect a Kingdom of Heaven one any earlier then that? I hope so!

Vanessa :wave:

Oh yes, I'd love to see a trailer! I imagine it will probably show up later this year, October/November maybe?

Oh, a trailer later this year for KOH :w00t:

Imagine sitting in a darkened theater waiting for your main feature to begin.and suddenly, there HE is -- Balian -- astride his horse, leading a charge of Crusaders over the hill toward Jeruselem... I will probably let out with a primal scream and collapse in a puddle on the floor :faint:

They will have to carry me out.. :dbb:

(But I'll probably come back 10 more times just to see the trailer again --- the heck with the main feature !) :whistle:

Guest BandGeek

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. :unsure: This is a bit off topic, but I just have to know something. Here it goes: Does Balian have children? And if so, are there going to be children in the movie? I think I would be all :wub: if I saw Orlando(as Balian) with children. If anyone can answer my questions I would be eternally grateful. :notworthy:

:hug:

BG

Guest waitingforwake

Isn't that in the spoilers area?

I thought they mentioned something about Balian :wub: having children but I'm not sure. :) I sure hope so, because that would be incredibly adorable to see our man with 'his kids'. :faint:

Someone else want to take this question?

HUGE SPOILER ALERT: A major plot point.

Click For Spoiler

Oh God. Not another movie that I absolutely cannot wait for. :cry:

Guest Syllawesh

I have a major question about KOH and I was hoping someone could enlighten me. Okay I know the movie is aboutt he crusades and that Orlando plays a blacksmith called Balian who joins the crusades and falls in love with a muslim princess along the way. But.which side is he on? I mean at one point I thought he was on the english side and then I switched over to thinking that he was most definitely on the side of the muslims. But now I'm not sure! Which side is he on? So is he supposed to be English or a Muslim?

He is fighting on the side of the Christians. And, if you want to get technical about it, Balian wasn't English; he was French. You may have become confused, as Balian is the one who negotiated the surrender of Jerusalem to Saladin and the Muslims.

I'm saying this off the top of my head, haven't gone anywhere to check - but, if I recall correctly, the historic Balian was on the Muslim side first, then got caught in the siege of Jerusalem and with that he found himself fighting for the Christians. In fact, I even think there was a point made that he had sworn allegiance to Saladin in the beginning and that's why, when he did approach Saladin to negotiate the surrender of Jerusalem, he had an inside track to the man so to speak.

.anyone feel free to jump in and put me to rights on this but this is what seems to be stored in my noggins re KOH! I do remember thinking that this switch-of-allegiance made Balian a very interesting character, a not-at-all straightforward hero type. I don't know, though, whether the switch is part of Scott's take on the tale.

Edited to add: glad to see the old noggins is still good for something - here's the story, officially: (http://crusades.boisestate.edu/Outremer/32.htm)

Fall of Jerusalem

The defense of Jerusalem was organized by Balian of Ibelin. He had fought at Hattin and had escaped and gone to Tyre. But his wife and children were in Jerusalem. Balian asked for and received permission from Saladin to go to Jerusalem to fetch his family, on condition that he not remain there more than one night. Once he got to the city, though, the Patriarch and citizens begged him to stay. Balian wrote to Saladin to explain why he was breaking his agreement. Saladin, famous for his chivalry, not only forgave Balian, but provided Balian's family safe conduct back to Tyre.

The situation in Jerusalem was literally hopeless. There was a grand total of three knights in the entire city . . . counting Balian. For every adult male there were fifty women and children. Balian commandeered every bit of money he could find and armed every man, whether or not he knew how to fight. The Christians simply would not give up Jerusalem without a fight. They could always hope for a miracle--Crusader legends were filled with them.

Saladin arrived on September 20th. He spent a few days trying to decide where best to attack the city, for the great walls were now Jerusalem's best defense. The defenders fought well, but there was no reason to hope, unless the ground itself should swallow up the Muslim army, for there was no Christian army near or even far that could help. Only Saladin's reluctance to storm the city and initiate a massacre saved the defenders. On the 30th, Balian went out to negotiate.

Even as the battle proceeded, the two men talked. Balian was at least able to arrange terms, which were quite generous, given the situation. The city was to surrender unconditionally, but the Christians were allowed to buy their freedom: ten dinars for a man, five for a woman, one for a child. Seven thousand of the poor would be freed for a lump sum of thirty thousand dinars. Balian agreed.

The fighting stopped on October 1st; Saladin entered the city the next day. While the Muslim troops kept order, two streams of Christians left the city--one for freedom, the other for slavery. The Patriarch Heraclius and his priests each paid their ten dinars, then left the city laden with gold and silver and relics by the cartload. Saladin's brother al-Adil was so moved by the sight that he asked for a thousand captives as a reward for his services. Saladin granted this, and al-Adil immediately set them free. Saladin in his turn set free all the aged. Not all the Muslims were so generous, and other Christians were tricked and blackmailed by various emirs, but Saladin's behavior was recognized by both the Muslim and Christian world as an act of great generosity.

So obviously the switch happened.However, I believe in Scott's take Balian's wife is dead before he even leaves for the crusades so maybe this detail has been changed as well.!