Eva Green (Sibylla)

Marton Csokas

Brendan Gleeson

Jeremy Irons (Tiberias)

Liam Neeson (Godfrey of Ibelin) - Balian's Dad

Alexander Siddig (Imad)

David Thewlis (Hospitaller)

Jouko Ahola

Premise: Set during the 12th century in the holy city of Jerusalem, a young peasant blacksmith (Orlando Bloom) becomes a knight so that he may help repel the Crusaders who took control of the city in 1099. Meanwhile, the young knight also falls in love with the city's beautiful princess (Eva Green)

Filming: Production is scheduled to start on January 12th, 2004 in Morocco on a budget of approximately $110 million. There will also be about six weeks of filming at locations in Spain, including the cities of Avila, Cordoba, Granada, Huesca, Jerez, Segovia and Sevilla.

Thank you MovieImp for getting these threads going again!!!

Now, does anyone have those Balian pictures or the video clip from Spain we had?

I've got the video clip downloaded, but have no idea if we can take it from that and get it back here.

What happened to everything?

I have a few of the clips downloaded and some of the pictures of Orlando in Seville.

Guest rollergirl

Does anyone know where Orlando is? I am half out of my mind with worry. I wonder if they will change the filming schedule and location? Morocco isn't any safer. Remember the night-club bombing last year? :whistle:

Mommy :yum:

Guest laconejita

It really is too bad what happened, and thanks to Jan and the PEFIC for everything they've done. The only thing we can do now is pick up the pieces and move on. There's still *looks up*...420 ( :censor: ) days until the movie is released. We have plenty of time to fill this forum up nicely :huh: *hugs fellow ka-Bloomies*

Now, does anybody happen to have some of the Orlando pictures on their hard drive? The OB Files has a lot of them up there and I think I have a couple I can post when I get home. We just need to lengthen these threads up like a little baby.

Now, does anybody happen to have some of the Orlando pictures on their hard drive? The OB Files has a lot of them up there and I think I have a couple I can post when I get home. We just need to lengthen these threads up like a little baby.

We've started putting in the pictures at this link.

KOH picture gallery

MovieImp, thank you so much for getting the KoH thread started for us! It is Ka~Bloomies like you who help us in our little crises! :naughty: Keep on adding to this thread,with maybe even some more recent footage, or things that are up and coming!

~Karyn~ :wub:

Guest TwinMom

Does anyone know specifically which landmarks were used for filiming of KOH in Seville, Cordoba and Grananda? These are three of the towns I will be visiting in May. If there are specific landmarks that was used in filming I'd like to visit if possible, so when I see the movie I can say, "I've been there." Of course, I'll also take some photos for Ka-Bloom.

Kelly

Little tiny bit about the movie

From The Orlando Bloom Files

Kingdom Of Heaven Co-star

From theherald.co.uk: Bill Paterson, one of Scotland's leading actors, has moved from reading scripts to writing his own. . Paterson has just finished filming Kingdom Of Heaven, the latest blockbuster movie being made by Ridley Scott, the director of Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, and Blade Runner, starring Orlando Bloom as a young blacksmith fighting in the Crusades. "I am only in the first 20 minutes, if you are late buying your popcorn you are going to miss me," he said. "I am the bishop who sends young Mr Bloom off to war, but it's a vast film with a big budget and will be shooting well into the summer."

Here is Bill Paterson's Official Site in case you want to see what he looks like.

Just as a side note, Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski also call Orlando "Young Mr. Bloom" in their POTC commentary. Interesting.

Dairwendan

A friend of mine sent this little tibit on KOH. it's from http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/510/510677p2.html

They were basically discussing upcoming movies, I just post the part about KOH.

Principal photography is slated to be completed this month on 20th Century Fox's Kingdom of Heaven, producer-director Ridley Scott's film set during the 12th century Crusades. Scott and screenwriter William Monahan segued to Kingdom after another historical epic they were working on, Tripoli, fell through.

Variety says the romantic adventure "focuses on a young blacksmith who becomes a knight and helps defend Jerusalem against the Crusaders. There is also a love story, as the young knight falls in love with a princess."

The $110 million Kingdom was shot in Morocco and Spain. Its cast includes Orlando Bloom, Eva Green, Liam Neeson, David Thewlis, Jeremy Irons, Brendan Gleeson, Alexander Siddig and Marton Csokas. Some fan sites have reported that Edward Norton will appear in the film as King Baldwin IV, although I could find no confirmation of that in the industry trades.

Of all the epics covered here, Kingdom of Heaven seems the riskiest endeavor, both artistically and commercially. Given the fragile state of the world today, an American-made film about the Crusades pitting Europeans against Muslims will inevitably upset somebody.

Is Kingdom of Heaven (even its title might be deemed provocative) just a romantic adventure that happens to be set during the Crusades or is it possibly a more troublesome tale about religious warfare?

Guest laconejita

Just a quick little tidbit on Michael Sheen's role in Kingdom of Heaven:

Sheen will next be seen on the big screen in Kingdom of Heaven, Ridley "Gladiator" Scott's latest blockbuster about the 12th-Century Crusades.

"I play the hero Orlando Bloom's extremely wicked brother, a character with nothing redeemable about him at all," says Sheen. "It's a cameo role really, and I filmed all my work in the north of Spain, before the rest of the cast continued in Morocco."

ic Wales

Orlando was spotted in Los Angeles this weekend. Looks like KOH may have wrapped, but there is no official word. :huh:

Shooting of Elizabethtown is scheduled to begin next month. Hopefully he gets a wee little rest for the next few weeks. :)

Orlando was spotted in Los Angeles this weekend.  Looks like KOH may have wrapped, but there is no official word.  :huh:

Stinkin' evil' devil's-spawn paparazzi. :rant:

However, two words: Clean. Shaven. :wub:

IMDB now lists Kingdom of Heaven as being in post-production rather than filming, so it seems that principal photography has been completed.

Guest shaynalisa
Yes, every cloud has a baby butt smooth silver lining, now doesn't it? :whistle:

Wish I could see that picture. :whistle:

Shaynalisa

Guest Sana

Isn't it interesting that David Thewlis (who is going to play Hospitaller in Kingdom of Heaven) is in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Brendan Gleeson (also in Kingdom of Heaven) is going to play Mad-Eye Moody in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? :blink: Is that really all I'm good at? Musing about actors and their roles??? :unsure: Does anybody else do this?

Sana B)

Sweet! Now if we can just get official confirmation, I have a certain page awaiting deployment on Sid City. :whistle:

Kira

I checked the Variety Production Charts and they haven't been updated yet for Kingdom of Heaven. I'll keep checking daily to see when it's reported.

Orlando was spotted in Los Angeles this weekend.  Looks like KOH may have wrapped, but there is no official word.  :huh:

Where's the pic? I've heard that he's in L.A., but I haven't seen the pic. :(

Sweet! Now if we can just get official confirmation, I have a certain page awaiting deployment on Sid City. :whistle:

Kira

:w00t: Squeee. Can't wait to see!

Guest dove

Orlando attended the Virgin Movie Awards Party in LA last Saturday (6 June). There are lovely pictures of him arriving on the red carpet. He has a pony tail and is wearing the bandana he wore at Cannes, with jeans, grey t-shirt and denim jacket. His publicist and Kate are arriving with him. Certainly not 'paparazzi' pictures!

I haven't seen any paparazzi pictures, but if anyone would like the red carpet pictures, I wil be happy to post them.

Dove, please do post the pictures (the official ones on the red carpet). I'm not going to get too all heated up (only simmering) over the papparrazi for the After Party this one time since it was leaving a red carpet publicized event but it's still got to be majorily annoying to be chased all the way to the car. So, therefore, check out the Full Bloom website for those pictures and check to make sure these are not the same ones. I've been unable to locate anything official from getty or wireimage.