Sign in to follow this  
Jan

Black Hawk Down Extended DVD

Guest Bishwop

This movie (well, more the Behind the Scenes part of the movie) made me fall in love whith Hugh Dancy!! Have you seen the deleted scene with him and Sizemore???? Absolutly priceless!! It's that damn accent, I tell you, does it to me every friggin' time!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the trailer for BHD, the one featuring 'Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad' by Moby ? I have the European 2-Disc version of the DVD, but, for some very odd reason, it doesn't include the trailer.

I've tried apple.com/trailers, but the links don't appear to be working for me :censor: .

I can see the trailer fine, but I'm not sure if it's Moby though.

Is this the one?

Black Hawk Down Trailer

Yes, this is the one I tried earlier, but the links just refuse to work.

Or here is another.

Black Hawk Down Trailer #2

Now this is much better.although the quality of the trailer (Low-Res since I have Dial-Up) is a bit pants. But bless you for finding it for me :wub:

I can see the trailer fine, but I'm not sure if it's Moby though.

Yes, it's Moby that kicks in at the very end. Which site are you viewing the trailer at ?

Guest Mermaid

Question: Is the behind-the-scenes footage of Orlando more plentiful than what was on the original BHD DVD bonus disc? Because I reaaaaally don't want to have to buy another copy unless it's worth it.

But, if there's more Orlando, it looks like I'll be getting copy #2 of BHD. :Cloud9:

Guest Bishwop

There is sooo much Orlando in the BTS stuff on the EE, which is weird considering his part wasn't overly huge in the movie. But, it is definalty worth it to see him !

Guest Smolak

shaynalisa, I HATED seeing him injured too, and it made me think the exact same thing about his fall! I was like oh my goodness.that's terrible. I for one hate to see anyone suffering and especially him, even though it's just acting. I don't know if I can make it through Troy!

Guest Bishwop

Does he get injured in Troy?? Now I'm just confused, cause I though he killed the other guy in the end. :huh:

Guest Smolak

Oh yes unfortunately he does! I don't want to give too much away but surely you have seen the pictures of him all bloody and such.

Yes, he does get hurt in Troy. We have all seen the pics. But I also know the story, and I know what happens to Paris. I don't know what happens to him in the movie, or if they are going to wright it like that. But if anyone wants to know anything about what happens to him or any other character feel free to pm me. But remember I can only tell you what ive learned in my studies, and what ive read in the illiad, not whats in the movie.

I own the 2-disc version of BHD that was released in the UK in 2002, that already included deleted/alternate scenes and Ranger/Delta training, etc. (I think I'm right in thinking that the version of BHD released in the US in 2002 was a single disc one with limited extras.) The 3-disc version has only just been released in the UK. Does anyone know how this version differs from the 2-disc UK version (in other words.do we get to see any more Orlando ?)

I'm from the US and I just got the 3-disc DVD but haven't gone through it all yet. From what I can tell there are just a lot more featurettes. For instance, there's one from the History Channel, another from PBS, a production design archive, storyboards, 2 different photo galleries, and a whole bunch of other features with the filmmakers. I'm not sure how long the Rangers/Delta training was on the first DVD that was released, but on the 3-disc there's a documentary that lasts 150 minutes. I don't know for a fact if there is more Orlando, I think there might be a bit more but not a lot. I hope this might help you a bit.

Many thanks Hammil77 :hug:. Certainly the 150 minute documentary is new to me, as are some of the featurettes you mentioned. Now, if only there was a way of viewing this DVD without actually buying it.I can't possibly justify buying this DVD when I already own an earlier version !

Full Bloom has a bunch of screen caps of Orlando wearing the neck brace and a few caps of him lying shitless in a hospital bed with the sheet pulled up to his waist. I'm not sure if these are ok to post here and I can't get the link to work, but these are nice shots. They are under images-screen caps-movies-BHD alternate ending.

:wave:

Aliza

shitless

:lmao:

(Sorry Aliza, I couldn't resist! I know that was just a typo on your part.)

shitless

:lmao:

(Sorry Aliza, I couldn't resist! I know that was just a typo on your part.)

Oops, my bad. :paperbag:

I'm sticking this here because it's not worth a new thread, and it could quite possibly be the right place.

I own a DVD of BHD, which I've watched quite a few times - in fact it's my favourite war movie after "M*A*S*H" and "The Great Escape".

When BHD was playing on TV last week I watched a segment of it while channel surfing. It was quite early in the film, where the choppers are flying in over the city, and includes the bit where Blackburn misses the rope and falls.

What has got me puzzled is that I will swear that the film on TV had a different soundtrack from the DVD. I am also sure that some of the camera shots were different. The soundtrack on my DVD is almost entirely 'eastern' type music, while the film on TV had some really solid, pumping rock-style music going.

Does anyone know anything about this - or am I going mad (again).