ka-Bloom.org Forum

POTC Easter Eggs!

Guest ShipperMD

Guest ShipperMD

Hey all,

Thought you might want to know about these: found them on a site that tells about all DVD Easter Eggs (There's one on TTT EE, too)

Anyways:

3 Eggs

Disc 2 Main Menu

1. Select 'Fly on the Set': Highlight 'Play All' and press right twice to highlight the skeleton's tooth. Press enter to watch "Pirates Cave Construction".

2. Select 'Below Deck': Highlight 'Set Sail' and press left twice to highlight the skull. Press enter to watch a computer animation of the chase scene without voices.

3. Select "Moonlight Serenade" Scene Progression: Highlight 'Main Menu' and press down twice to highlight another skeleton's tooth. Press enter to watch a Keith Richards interview.

Shipper

Thought you might want to know about these: found them on a site that tells about all DVD Easter Eggs (There's one on TTT EE, too)

It's OT in this thread, but could you tell what is the easter egg on TTT EE? Or give the link to the website, please? :w00t:

Guest ShipperMD

Sure, I'll also post it over in Trilogy Topic too.

MTV Awards

Same location as in "FOTR". On the First Disc, go to Chapter selection, select the option for the last chapters. There, press the DOWN arrow pass the last chapter. A ring will appear. Press enter on the ring , and enjoy Gollum's MTV Awards acceptance Speech.

Shipper

There is another easter egg on POTC second disc, it is the Japanese TV spot for the movie. Go to Below Deck, then go to Scene Index, then go to the second page, and then you should be able to highlight the skeleton hand on the left and enter.

Same location as in "FOTR". On the First Disc, go to Chapter selection, select the option for the last chapters. There, press the DOWN arrow pass the last chapter. A ring will appear. Press enter on the ring , and enjoy Gollum's MTV Awards acceptance Speech.

Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you! I had no idea PotC had any Easter Eggs.. I've got the movie playing now, I'll have to hunt for them once it's done. :lol:

And since I don't want to start a new topic, in the scene where Will is in the street when the pirates attack and he is fighting with the one pirate who tells him to say goodbye, then the pirate gets hit by something and goes through the window and Will says goodbye. Is that pirate the same guy who played Mic Brumby on JAG? It sure looks like him.

Thank you! I had no idea PotC had any Easter Eggs.. I've got the movie playing now, I'll have to hunt for them once it's done. :lol:

And since I don't want to start a new topic, in the scene where Will is in the street when the pirates attack and he is fighting with the one pirate who tells him to say goodbye, then the pirate gets hit by something and goes through the window and Will says goodbye. Is that pirate the same guy who played Mic Brumby on JAG? It sure looks like him.

Yes it's the same guy, I saw this stated on a TV show once, and that was because the actor had died.

• 4 weeks later...
OK I'm a bit slow.  What is an Easter Egg?   :(  POTC comes out here on DVD next Tuesday ooo now I'm getting really excited!  Are they hidden extras? :lol:

Yes- originally this comes from computer programmers who "hide" f.e. their names or faces in the programs they created. With special keyboard combinations you find them (there are a LOT in Words, Windows, Excel ect.). But as the medium allows it, there are some on DVDs, too- many people would be disappointed if on their new DVD there weren´t any Easter Eggs! :wink:

Try out f.e. Easter Eggs Site - it´s an addiction, like discovering movie mistakes. :w00t:

Sorry, this is off topic, but f.e. (if you still have Windows 97 or 98, not higher), go to the screensavers on your computer, chose 3D Text and type in the word Volcano. See what happens when you try out the screensaver then. :wink:

Thank you Stina! Hmm very interesting. I love watching the extra's anyway, it's becoming an obsession almost. And you feel so dissapointed and ripped off when you don't get any, speeaking of feeling ripped off I think I'll look up Lost Boys.

Now I don't feel so stupid, once again thank you for explaining it to me and I tried the volcano thing, very interesting! I can't wait to tell my Hubby now, I know something he doesn't - for a change :faint: .

One more sleep till POTC on DVD! :duel:

Sal :notworthy:

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone! :wave: With the filming of POTC 2 and 3 starting, I was inspired to go back and watch POTC again on DVD. I found one Easter Egg on the DVD and I thought I would share it with you all. I'm sure there are more than one, but this is the one I found.

On disc 2, goto the main menu, and select: Moonlight Serenade. On the following screen highlight Main Menu and press DOWN twice. This will highlight a single tooth on a skeleton. Press ENTER.

Hope you guys that haven't found some of the Easter Eggs enjoy!

Lori :hug: