Sign in to follow this  
Sunstar

Easy

Orlando will appear in Joe Swanberg's  eight-episode anthology drama series 'Easy'.

The Hollywood Reporter

Mumblecore Master Joe Swanberg Sets Star-Studded Comedic Anthology Series at Netflix

The filmmaker behind micro-indie films including Kissing on the Mouth, Hannah Takes the Stairs and Uncle Kent has scored an eight-episode, straight-to-series order for comedy Easy.

The half-hour single-camera comedy series will, in mumblecore fashion, write, direct and exec produce the series. Easy is described as an anthology that explores diverse Chicago characters as they fumble through the modern maze of love, sex, technology and culture.

The series will feature appearances from Orlando Bloom, Malin Akerman, Michael Chernus, Marc Maron, Elizabeth Reaser, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Jake Johnson, Aya Cash, Dave Franco, Jane Adams, Hannibal Burress and more.

Easy bears similar themes as former web series-turned-IFC entry Young American Bodies, which Swanberg writes, stars, exec produces and directs

Deadline

Netflix Sets Joe Swanberg Anthology Series ‘Easy’

Joe Swanberg is taking his micro-budget model of filmmaking to television. Netflix has in the hopper an 8-episode anthology drama series from Swanberg, titled Easy. Swanberg is the writer, director and executive producer. As he has successfully done on the feature side, Swanberg has been able to line up big-name talent for his Netflix series, with Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman among those making appearances. Swanberg is expected to discuss the series in the keynote speech he is giving at SXSW this morning.

Easy, which has wrapped production, explores diverse Chicago characters as they fumble through the modern maze of love, sex, technology and culture — topics that Swanberg often tackles in his micro-budgeted drama features which employ extensive improvisation. The comedy-drama is said to consist of eight-stand-alone episodes showcasing the diversity of the city itself, focusing on characters from different neighborhoods and economic backgrounds.

Also making appearances on the show, which filmed in Chicago, are Michael Chernus, Marc Maron, Elizabeth Reaser, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Jake Johnson, Aya Cash, Dave Franco, Jane Adams and Hannibal Burress.

Swanberg’s films include Drinking Buddies, starring Olivia Wilde, Jake Johnson, Anna Kendrick and Ron Livingston, and Digging for Fire, starring Johnson, Uncle Kent and Art History

I figured it if also featured Jake Johnson, that it was the same director as Digging for Fire.  Hope it's better than that. Thanks, Rene!

I also hope it is better then Digging For Fire.  I wonder big or small a part Orlando will have in this. 

Thank you very much Rene for the heads up. 

Kim

Thanks for the heads up, Rene.  Hope it turns out well for Orlando.

I've been hoping he'd go for a small screen project. Excited for this. 

Aliza

Easy premieres globally on September 22, 2016 at 12:01am PT.

IGN 

EPISODE 101
Episode 1 [Easy]

Summary
Starring Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman, Easy, explores diverse Chicago characters as they fumble through the modern maze of love, sex, technology and culture.

Genre: Drama                Status: Airing
Network: Netflix.com       Original Air Date: Sep 22, 2016

This is great news!  :cheer2: 

Thank you very much Rene for the heads up.  :hug: 

Kim

I just noticed it airs two days after my birthday!  :2thumbs: 

Kim

I feel a Netflix binge watch coming on. 

Thanks Rene!

Aliza

I love it! :D!! Watched it this morning..... Now i just hope Netflix leave it there forever! Or release it on DVD- a gem like that shouldn't vanish.

WOW!  I just finished watching Orlando's episode, "Utopia" and that was kind a different role for him to play and he looked absolutely gorgeous!  :heat:  

I figured out that I can watch it on my computer, so now that I know it works I can watch Orlando's episode any time I want.  :cheesy:

Kim

If it's a Netflix production - which it is - it will be there as long as Netflix is. Reminded me a lot of Digging for Fire.

Me? Meh. (But glad others are liking it!)

Argh.  I wish I had Netflix but I can't afford it right now (and the sports fan in me isn't ready to completely ditch cable yet either :laugh: ).  Oh well, I might be able to get a free trial soon.

But I'm happy to hear that some people are liking his performance and that of course he looks gorgeous. :heat:

I enjoyed Orlando in this role but the show as,a whole is not that exciting. Are they all going to be one offs with no story continuity?

would love to see more sexy Orlando being a good guy in a recurring role .

Aliza

I haven't seen Easy as I don't have Netflix. I read something about it being the first season, so I guess there's the possibility of a second season.

Sign in to follow this