Sign in to follow this  
Sunstar

UNICEF Snowflake Ball

Liam Neeson presented Orlando with the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award at the 2015 UNICEF Snowflake Ball. Here are a few pics - there are more in the Gallerie.

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_39.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_03.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_09.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_12.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_19.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_21.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_29.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_31.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_32.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_33.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_34.jpg

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_35.jpg

- WWD, Zimbio

Pic posted by Audrey Hepburn's son Luca Dotti -

UNICEF_SnowflakeBall120115_38.jpg

Luca Dotti @lucadotti

So extremely proud that Orlando Bloom is the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award recipient. 1000% deserved!!!

InStyle

Inside the Star-Studded 2015 UNICEF Snowflake Ball Honoring Orlando Bloom

Stars were in the charitable spirit last night in New York City—and it wasn't just because it was #GivingTuesday. Orlando Bloom, Pink, Tea Leoni, and Liam Neeson were among those to brave the chilly, damp temperatures and turn out to support the 11th annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball, held at Cipriani Wall Street. Bloom (in Tom Ford) was being honored with the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award for his years-long work with the United Nations Children’s Fund, which provides health care, water, nutrition, and education to underprivileged kids around the world. Before he even headed inside to accept his award, Bloom’s passion for the mission of the Fund was unmistakable.

“Time and time again, I’ve seen the work that UNICEF does to save the lives of children in some of the most remote parts of the world,” Bloom told InStyle, adding that he has witnessed the transformative results firsthand. “I’ve been there—I was in Liberia for the tail end of Ebola, and I was in a Zaatari refugee camp last year. Without this organization, at this time of year, in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia or in Belgrade [serbia] right now, it’s really cold—dangerously cold. And what UNICEF is doing there is providing a ton of shelter and warmth.”

Bloom is proud of the organization’s accomplishments, but he stressed that there’s still plenty of work to be done. “There are 246 million children living in war-torn countries right now, and the numbers are growing rapidly,” he said. “It’s a desperate time for these people, and I’m here tonight to support UNICEF and hope that we can have everyone see what valuable work they do.”

Bloom is a huge contributor to that work, and his efforts were detailed in a speech given by Liam Neeson, who presented him with the award. Neeson, who played Bloom’s onscreen father in the 2005 film Kingdom of Heaven, explained why the actor’s recognition was so well-deserved. “As a loving father, I have to say he has a beautiful soul,” Neeson said. “He gives widely—not to attract spotlight, but because giving fuels him. He gives in his craft and he gives in his world.”

Neeson didn’t stop there when it came to praising Bloom. “His romantic outlook on life isn’t an act—there is a lot of depth, empathy, and understanding to Orlando Bloom,” he said. “It’s what makes him a very fine actor, and an even finer person. He’s a true humanitarian.” After listing Bloom’s contributions to the organization, including trips taken, telethons hosted, and initiatives championed, Neeson continued: “The depth of his heart seems endless. As the old saying goes, if you want something done, ask the busy man.”

E! Online

Orlando Bloom Wants 4-Year-Old Son Flynn to Follow in Dad's Footsteps, but He's Not Talking About Acting

If there's one thing Orlando Bloom is trying to pass on to his son, it's the desire to help others.

In addition to finding huge success in Hollywood thanks to roles in the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Lord of the Rings franchise, the 38-year-old continues to make philanthropy work a huge priority.

It's also the major part of his life that Bloom most definitely wants to share with his 4-year-old son Flynn.

"I hope one day he'll come on a trip with me and I hope he'll absorb from me some of that desire to look to the people around you," the proud UNICEF supporter told E! News. "I think it's always about in the environment you're in, having respect for everybody in the environment you're in."

He continued, "It doesn't matter what walk of life, what kind of social status, social class or background."

Bloom stepped out in New York City Tuesday night to attend the 11th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball.

Just this year alone, the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador has met with refugee and migrant children on the move in Serbia. Earlier this past spring, the actor also visited Liberia to help in the fight against Ebola.

"UNICEF invited me to observe the life-saving efforts led by local communities to tackle the Ebola virus," he previously told E! News. "It is truly a remarkable example of how mobilizing young people and community leaders can control the spread of an epidemic."

And while Bloom admits this his family lives quite the lucky life, it's important to teach the young ones that it's never too young to get involved.

"I'm fully aware that my son is very privileged and I'm fully aware that that's something that I constantly am trying to adjust to so he just doesn't feel like he's in the top 1 percent or whatever, he has a sense of the world," Bloom explained.

Thank you, Rene, for the pictures, the InStyle material and the quotes from Orlando by E! Online. By the way, he looks amazing in these pictures. Congratulations again to him for this well-deserved recognition.

I love the pictures, especially the ones with Orlando & Liam Neeson. I also loved what Liam said about Orlando in his speech because every thing he said is so true. :heart:

Thank you so much Rene for posting all these wonderful pictures and articles. :hug:

Kim

Wow! Those were wonderful clips and I loved every thing that Orlando and Liam said in their speeches. Orlando has done so much more than I realized like fighting against human trafficking and slavery, I did not know about those. Its like Liam said, Orlando doesn't do this for the spotlight and so a lot of his charity work goes unnoticed. So I am so happy that Orlando has finally gotten recognized for all the great work he has been doing and still continues to do. Its no wonder we all love him so much. :throb:

Thank you so much Rene for posting the links and to Orlando for being the caring, special person that you are, I wish there was more like you. :hug:

Kim

Thank you, Rene, for bringing the videos of Orlando's interview and the two speeches to us. He is truly a caring person who does what he does because he believes that children should have a childhood that enables them to flourish. Bless him and all those who work tirelessly for the most vulnerable among us. Congratulations again to Orlando on receiving the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award -- so very well deserved. I said that before but it bears repeating.

Ah "Father and Son Reunion"! :w00t: (Although they look even less alike in real life than they did in KOH :teehee:). Thanks Rene for posting the pictures. Once again Orlando rocks in the suit. I thought Liam's speech was great and I loved how he said Orlando had a beautiful soul. So true. :heart: And I loved Orlando's speech as it so heartfelt. Congratulations to Orlando on winning the award. He truly deserves it and I know he'll continue to do good work. :iheart:

Sign in to follow this