Sign in to follow this  
Kim

3 posts in this topic

Yep, another Baseball season as begun and my Boston Red Sox have started it off with a bang! :cheer2:

YES!!! My Boston Red Sox won their Opening Day game vs the Philadelphia Phillies with the final score of 8-0!! :yahoo:

Clay Buchholz was spectacular, throwing 7 innings of shutout ball and striking out 9! I knew Buchholz could do it and this should shut up all the naysayers that didn't think he was the right man for the job of being the Opening Day Pitcher! And my main Man, Dustin Pedroia was outstanding, he got two home runs and made two spectacular plays at second base! Hanley Ramirez belted two home runs including a Grand Slam and the rookie that Red Sox Nation is excited about, Mookie Betts also hit a home run. So I couldn't have asked for a better Opening Day Game by my Red Sox than this one! If this game is any indication of what the rest of the season will be like, it will be a very fun Red Sox season! :iheart:

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS ON A GREAT GAME!!! :clap:

Kim

Kim, I was going to share a story with you Sunday, but I got sidetracked.
I was watching the series between Boston and the Yankees when my sister came into the room as A-Rod was batting. (She doesn't really follow sports, but she pretends to take an interest for my sake, I suppose.) Anyway, she remarked that she heard boos, and wondered why. She said "He hasn't done anything, has he?" I told her, he doesn't have to do anything, he's A-Rod.
She still didn't get it. Without going into his recent history, I tried to explain that it's all a part of the Red Sox/Yankee rivalry. It's like the Yankees booing David Ortiz, it's just what they do.
It was just funny to me that anyone had to ask why Boston fans booed A-Rod. It's a fact of life! :teehee:

Kim-I haven't been on in a while…forgot my password of all things! But I can always count on you to be the baseball fan extraordinaire! I agree, everyone should boo A-rod just on principal. I have only been dipping in and out of my Orioles and was deluded to think they were doing well, well, they aren't! So I am off to Football season. We'll see how long my interest lasts. :unsure:

Sign in to follow this