Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kim

62 posts in this topic

I thought last night's episode was a very good one because it just focused on Dean, Sam and Castiel. Also, this time Claire did not get on my nerves. I kind of felt bad for her, especially after Amelia was killed, Claire finally finds her Mother only to end up losing her but I liked the end when she finally thanked Castiel and they had a nice good hug. I also loved the part where Dean and Claire play miniature golf together, I can easily imagine myself playing that with Dean, I used to love playing miniature golf but its been a long time since I've played it. I also thought Dean and Sam were really good with Claire and I can tell what great Parents Jensen and Jared are in real life watching them with her in that episode. :heart:

Also, I knew Sam and/or Castiel was going to get caught and that it would be up to Dean and Claire to come and help them even before it happened. :)

Well, it was nice to have an episode without having to put up with the winers, Rowena and Metatron.

Now, next week's episode looks like it is going be another intense one dealing with the Mark of Cain and Charlie is back once again.

Kim

I liked this episode too. I still found Claire a little annoying but I agree that she wasn't as bad as previous episodes. I liked how Claire did (finally) apologize to Dean for trying to have him killed. And I agree I liked how Sam and Dean bonded with Claire and treated her like a little sister ( I also see you point about Jared and Jensen's paternal instincts showing in this episode). I also played mini golf but it's been years and I probably would be that good at it anymore. :teehee:

I was disappointed that they killed off Amelia too. It just seemed like the show has done too much of that in recent years where they will orphan a kid(Cassie losing her father) or have them lose somebody close to them(Kate losing her sister). I think it would have been better if Amelia had lived and she and Claire worked through their issues with each other and with Cas. Still I thought the scene with Amelia and Jimmy reuniting in heaven was touching.

At least they left Claire in a good place rather than leave her at the side of the road(which bugged me last episode). Still I would have loved to have heard the conversation between Sam and Jodie. I could picture Jodie saying, "I have enough problems dealing with Alex, and now you want to dump me with another teenage brat." :P I can't help but wonder if this is a possible spin-off scenario with Jodie and two teenage hunters in training fighting demons, etc.

Fun Fact: I recognized the actor who played the Gregori angel. Treva Etienne is the actor's name and when I looked him up on IMDB he was on the show Falling Skies last season and that's where I recognized him. But he was also in COTBP. :w00t: He was one of Barbossa's men. He had long dreadlocks in that movie. His best scene was early on when Barbossa attacks Port Royal and Jack is in jail and sees a couple of the pirates. Treva's character grabs Jack by the neck(and we see his skeletal arm) and says "You know nothing of hell". So another Pirate appears on SPN(Kevin McNally/Gibbs being the other).

OMG! I can't believe they killed off Charlie!! Why?! :bawl: You would think the writers would remember how upset every one was when they killed off Bobby but I guess they didn't learn. :angry: Why do they have to kill off anybody that is close to Dean and Sam and that all the fans love. First their Parents, then Ellen, Jo and Ash, then Bobby, then Kevin and now Charlie! :( But yet they won't get rid of Rowena or Metatron, the character that every one hates!

Well, Dean and Sam won't stop until they find her killer! Its bad enough that they have to deal with the Mark of Cain but now they have to deal with the Styles Family!

Well, anyways back to this episode, I knew Dean would find out or figure it out that the book was not destroyed and I loved the part where Dean is trying to get Sam to admit about the book, the two of them were great together, the chemistry between them was bouncing the screen and I could feel it for them.

I still love this show and of course I still love Dean & Sam, I just wish they would stop killing off the supporting characters that every one loves.

Well, I hope and pray that Styles freak gets what is coming to him after killing Charlie and I hope it happens next week.

Kim

As Charlie might say, "What The Frak!?" I can't believe they killed her off. :rant: True it does seem like anybody who gets close to Sam and Dean usually ends up dead. But Charlie seemed like a favorite of the writers and producers. And Charlie/Felicia Day only appears once or twice a year so they could have kept her safely hidden somewhere rather than kill her off. Her absence wouldn't be as jarring as Bobby and Kevin since they were much more involved in the plotlines.

It's frustrating and getting old that they would kill off a likeable character to add more drama or raise the stakes in Dean and Sam's fight against the Big Bad. It seems like they have done this every season. And Sam and Dean would feel guilty and blame themselves for the death. In this case, Dean will blame himself because Charlie died trying to find a cure for the MOC. Sam will blame himself because Charlie warned him it was a bad idea, but he pretty much guilt-tripped her and Cas into going along with his plan. Cas will blame himself for not keeping a better eye on her. I just hope they don't turn on each other but I have a feeling Dean will be mad at Sam and tell him off. :angry:

And I hope the writers explain why Cas couldn't bring her back from the dead. He does have his grace back. While Cas might not have all his strength back, Gadreel was able to bring Charlie back last year(Slumber party?) even though he kept saying how weak he was. So Cas should have the power to bring Charlie back.

It wasn't just the fact that Charlie died but how she died. It was really stupid of Charlie to leave and go back to her motel. I can't remember if Sam told her specifically about the Styne family looking for the book and how dangerous they were. But she had to have realized that being alone in an unprotected area was not a smart move. If Rowena was bothering her so much, she could have moved to the back of the shelter and wear earplugs. Or better yet tape the witch's mouth shut. :shiny: If Charlie had to die, they should have had a better setup for her death.

Is it me or is the Mark of Cain affecting Sam almost as much as Dean, at least psychologically? He has been desperate to find a cure. I don't blame him for that, but it's like he's obsessed and can't think rationally. Sam keeps saying Dean is getting worse, but I haven't seen any real evidence of that. He's not getting better, but he's not really worse either. Ironically Sam may have inadvertently made Dean worse since Dean will now unleash all his anger on the Styne family.

I thought the twist of the Styne family being connected to Dr Frankenstein and how the Frankenstein story is true is a pretty clever twist. It's funny how several months ago I watched some episodes of Penny Dreadful with Eva Green and Josh Hartnett, and Dr. Frankenstein is a supporting character. I was thinking it would be cool if there was a crossover between SPN and Penny Dreadful. It's not going to happen but this connection between the Styne family and Frankenstein is close enough.

Not really looking forward to Wednesday because of Charlie's funeral and how upset the boys will be. Still I'll watch and have a box of Kleenex handy. :bawl:

OMG! That was one of the most toughest episodes to watch because of what the Mark of Cain is doing to Dean! He is getting worse! I didn't like what he said to Sam at the beginning when they were burning Charlie's body how he wished it was Sam on that funeral pyle instead of Charlie! :quiver: Then at the end when he beat up Castiel when Cas tried to stop Dean. The rest of Styne Family deserved what they got but that young kid, he didn't deserve that and it like Cas said, the Dean Winchester we know and love would never have killed that Kid. :( So I hope and pray they can finally get rid of that Mark next week.

Now the part with Sam trying to kill Crowley, I just hope and pray that Crowley isn't going to turn on Dean & Sam because of this! When he bled out like that it was probably the human blood that was inside of him so he has probably lost all his humanity and I am afraid he is going to be worst than ever, hopefully I will be wrong but who knows what the writers have in store.

Now next week is the Season Finale and Julian Richlings is back as Death and I have said it before but they couldn't have gotten anyone better to play this part and I am really looking forward to next week.

Kim

:cheer2: HAPPY 5TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY JENSEN & DANNEEL! :cheer2:

I hope Jensen & Danneel are having a very special day today and they are getting to spend it with their little girl, J.J. :heart:

Kim

Happy Anniversary Jensen and Daneel. :iheart: I hope they were able to spend some quality time together. I know Jensen was at a con this weekend, but I don't know if Daneel and JJ were with him or not.

Now on to last week's episode. It's kind of funny how one line can almost ruin an episode for me. Yeah, I'm talking about the "You should be on the pyre instead of Charlie" line. I'm sorry, but even with the MOC, there is NO way Dean would ever say that to Sam. Ever. :angry2: At least with "Soul Survivor", I was under the impression that the Mark of Cain and even Dean's demonness was just all of Dean's darkness and bad tendencies amplified to an extreme. So the Mark of Cain just made Dean more likely to say things he feels or felt at one time but not feelings he never had. So Dean could be angry at Sam and blame him for things, even Charlie's death. But he would never wish him dead. He gave up his soul and his life to save Sam's life and went to extremes to save Sam several times. I know Dean and Charlie were really close, but I seriously doubt Dean would choose her over Sam.

Kim, I also agree with you (and Cas) that Dean would never kill a kid. So again even with the Mark of Cain that scene felt off. Dean and Sam have a code that they don't kill children, even those who are monsters, if they haven't killed anyone. A classic example is when Dean spared Amy Pond's son because the boy didn't murder anyone. Heck they spared Alex last year. While she didn't kill anyone, she was partly responsible for several deaths(Dean also had the Mark at that point) I know the teenage boy in this episode did kill someone, but that was because his family forced him to. He didn't want to kill the bully. Anyway I thought the fight scene between Cas and Dean was intense and good acting between Jensen and Mischa.

Kim, You make a good point about Crowley possibly turning on Sam and Dean. I agree that I think Crowley's humanity(Sam's blood being spat out) is gone. Still I'm glad that Sam called him out for his evil deeds and being the monster he really is. The friendship/ "bromance" between Dean and Crowley bugged me. It made some sense when Dean was a demon but now. Crowley has done too much evil to be forgiven by either brother. I just wonder if Rowena knew in advance that the hex bag wouldn't really kill Crowley, just kill his "humanness" and that was her plan all along. So it will be interesting to see what happens between Crowley and his mother in the finale, whether they team up or if he kills her.

I just wish the writing was better on this show. Supernatural is still a great show, but the writing has been inconsistent the last few years. The main problem is there is little follow-through with the brothers' actions anymore. Sam and Dean can say all kinds of horrible things to each other, but the writers sweep it under the rug and rarely have them talk it out. Like last year, with Sam saying he wouldn't save Dean. In the finale he says, "I lied" and Dean is like "Oh Okay". And that's it. I have a feeling they'll do it again with Dean. They'll blame everything on the MOC, Dean will say "I'm sorry" and that's it. Never mind the damage he caused or the pain he caused Sam and Cas. And Sam won't really acknowledge his mistakes this season or its consequences (Notice how he spent about ten minutes feeling guilty over Charlie's death before going back to the Book of the Damned knowing how dangerous it is) I wish Eric Kripke would come back because at least he had some moments where the brothers would talk things over and make amends with each other. I seriously doubt that will happen though.

The Season Finale does look intense (what finale didn't?) I'm happy to see Julian Richings again. I agree he is a terrific character actor. Still with Death around, that isn't a good sign. :nails:

OMG!! :O What a cliffhanger! OMG! Where in the world did Dean & Sam end up? And Castiel going after Crowley?! Did the darkness overtake Castiel? We will have to wait until next season to find that out! But wow! What a Season Finale! I had a feeling there was going to be a fight scene between Dean & Sam but I still don't like it when they beat each other up like that and I thought for sure Dean was going to kill Sam! So what a surprise when he spun around and killed Death!! I was not expecting that! But at least Dean doesn't have the mark anymore and wherever they ended up, at least Dean & Sam are together and with the Impala. But now the darkness has been unleashed and I can't wait to see what Season 11 will have in store for us and for Dean & Sam. :)

Kim

Kim, I think Sam and Dean ended up on a mysterious island where there is a polar bear, wreckage from an airplane crash, and characters named Jack, Locke, and Sawyer. Sorry I couldn't resist the Lost joke. :teehee: The Darkness special effects, especially when it was shooting from the ground, reminded me of the Black Smoke Monster from Lost. Ironically the actor who played the BSM in human form was Titus Welliver, who played the Horseman of War in Supernatural.

Anyway, back to "My Brother's Keeper". Wow what a finale! :w00t: I liked how it combined elements of both Lucifer Rising(when Lucifer was inadvertently broken out) and Swan Song(the showdown between the Winchesters). And I think this is the best finale since Swan Song.

First off, I liked how they did the Road So Far bit, starting with "Mary" from the girls' choir from Fan Fiction singing "Carry On Wayward Son" and then with the guitar riff switching back to the Kansas version. Very cool.

I really thought the acting was great in this episode. Enough can't be said about Jensen and Jared and once again they knocked it out of the ballpark. Their scenes in the showdown between Dean and Sam were just so heartfelt and emotional. Even the little things like Dean leaving a note for Sam saying, "She's(the Impala) all yours" and Dean telling Sam on the phone, "I'm done, brother" left me teary-eyed. :blow: I also thought Mischa, Mark Sheppard, and Ruth Connell(although I still find her a hit-or-miss as an actress) did a good job in this episode too.

Yeah I don't like it when the brothers beat each other up either. While I never really thought Dean would kill Sam, I had my shoe ready to throw at the TV in case I was wrong. I actually called it that Dean would stab Death several seconds before it happened. Once Sam showed Dean the pictures of them with their Mom(Smart move, Sammy. Very smart.), I knew that would cause Dean to turn around and stab Death instead. I was surprised that Death appeared to die. :O How do you actually kill Death? And what happens now? Do people no longer die now? My theory is that what we see as Death is really just a visual representation of Death and not Death itself. Consider how Sam and Dean killed the Horsemen of War and Famine, but clearly war and famine is still going on in the world. The Horsemen were just representatives. Oskar looked liked he was killed after Death was killed, so people still die. So maybe we'll see another representative next season(hopefully not Dean as Death). I'm just bummed that this likely is Julian Richings' last episode. His entrance as Death was hands down the best character entrance on SPN and maybe in my top ten of any I saw on a TV show. He deserved a send-off that was just as epic or close to it. This was just too quick. Plus we see great actors like Richings and Jim Beaver leave Supernatural but not-so-good actors like Curtis Armstrong and Ruth Connell are still on.

So it looks like the Darkness and Rowena will be the BIg Bads next season. Now that Rowena has the Codex (OK not so smart Sammy :P), it looks like she will be more powerful then ever. I seriously doubt Cas will kill Crowley but it will be interesting to see what happens and what the fallout will be.

I bet you anything in the new season, Crowley will be royally pissed! First Sam tried to kill him and now Castiel and lets not forget Rowena. Oh yeah, it will be interesting to see how Crowley handles all this in the new season. Speaking of Mark Sheppard, my Dad is watching The X Files on Netflix and the episode he is watching has a very young Mark Sheppard guest starring in it and it must have been one of his first roles because he looks so young and he is playing the villain! They must love giving him those parts. :)

I also agree with you about Julian Richings, he was perfect as Death and I was almost sorry to see him get his and I have also been wondering the same thing as you, will people stop dying now that he is gone? But then again, is he really gone? :hmmm:

Well, Jensen and Jared were tops as usual and I am so happy that Dean is back to normal and I hope and pray Dean & Sam don't have anymore riffs and they get back to being the supportive, loving brothers that we all know and love.

Kim

Happy 33rd Birthday Jared Padalecki! :happybd2: I hope he had a good day with family and friends. Have you been to his FB page? I just think it's so sweet that he would take the time to post a video to thank fans for their birthday wishes.

As for Mark Sheppard being on X-Files, thanks for letting me know that Kim. Oddly enough I do remember the episode but I don't remember him. I mainly remember Mulder's ex-girlfriend, a Scotland Yard detective, coming to the States and asking for Mulder's help on a case and Scully acting pretty jealous. So Mark Sheppard was typecast even then :teehee: (I first noticed him when he played a bad guy in a couple episodes of Firefly in 2002, about 10 years after his X-Files episode).

A couple months ago I saw a X-Files episode and Steven Williams(Rufus) played a mystery man who grudgingly gives helpful information to Mulder and Scully. If I recall correctly his character would die in a later episode after helping Mulder and Scully get out of a jam (Gee sound familiar? :rolleyes:) I bet SPN and X-Files share several guest stars, especially older actors/actresses since both shows were shot in Vancouver. And the late Kim Manners directed for both shows and I think was a producer for both as well.

Oh one more fun X-Files fact: One of my favorite episodes is "Beyond the Sea" in which Scully deals with both her father's death and a death-row inmate who might be psychic. The death row inmate was played by Brad Dourif and he had the same pale, greasy-haired look that would serve him well as Grima Wormtongue in the LOTR movies almost ten years later.

Thank you Marilyn for remembering Jared's 33rd Birthday! I love how Jared and Jensen are both on Facebook! :w00t: Makes me wish Orlando was on Facebook as well but I understand why he doesn't and I would fall off my chair if he ever did get his own Facebook page. :D But when I think about it, look how long it took Jensen to finally start using social media, I never thought he would finally give in so who knows, maybe some day Orlando will too. :)

Kim

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0