Sign in to follow this  
Kim

62 posts in this topic

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY to the best show on TV! :cheer2:

Last night was the season premiere and wow what a premiere! Jensen and Jared were fantastic and I have to say I kind of love demon Dean, he looks gorgeous and I couldn't help but laugh at the karaoke parts, he was really horrible! :lol: But I don't like how he doesn't care about anything including Sam. When that hunter called him up to tell him he had Sam he didn't even care! If that was the old Dean he would have rushed right over there and rescued Sam! :( So I hope and pray Dean doesn't stay a demon for the entire season, hopefully it will only last until the mid-season finale like they did with Sam in Season 6 when he had no soul.

Also, I noticed the sling Jared was wearing, well he really did hurt himself in real life. He was horsing around with Osric Chau who played Kevin and he end up dislocating his shoulder. So they had to write it into the show. But I thought it was kind of unfair when that idiot started beating Sam where he had no way of fighting back due to the injured shoulder. :angry:

Well, I didn't get to see the previews because Person of Interest was starting so I missed them and I have no idea what next week's will be like. Did you see them Marilyn?

I am so happy to have Jensen & Jared back on my TV screen. :shiny:

Kim

Happy 10th Anniversary Supernatural! :yahoo: It is truly awesome that it has lasted this long. I still remember at the end of the season two finale, my Mom and I were talking about how Dean's line about having one more year to live might be an inside joke/reference to the show having one more year to boost ratings before it could be cancelled. Eight years later it is still going strong. :highfive:

What did you think of the Special Supernatural retrospective? I thought it was great. I wish it was longer so they could show even more characters and plotlines(No mention of Jo or Ellen, and only brief glimpses of Charlie, Kevin, and Ruby). Having Rob Benedict/Chuck narrate the special was a great move and a nice nod to Swan Song.

On to "Black", the season premiere. It was great and I agree I mainly loved it as we get to see Sam and Dean again. I thought Dean's bad karaoke was funny too. :lol: I like how Sam is showing how worried he is and how he truly cares about Dean like in earlier seasons rather than be indifferent like he was in the season 8 premiere(I had to laugh at Crowley's line, "I wondered what took you so long(to call Dean). I thought maybe you hit another dog.") This role reversal where Dean is in trouble and Sam is the worrier trying to save him is interesting and I hope it ultimately brings them closer together(compared to last season).

I doubt Demon Dean will last for more than half a season. It seems to be the trend the last few years with soulless Sam. Gadreel possessing Sam, etc. Besides it seems like we are getting to get more of the dark side of Demon Dean after the fun side in the premiere. Dean not bothering to save Sam was bad enough, and I have a feeling he's going to get more violent and darker before he gets better.

But I am a bit confused. In their conversation about Crowley being the one to send those goons after Dean, they said the Mark of Cain had to sated(with bloodshed) or else Dean would become a demon. We saw Dean's eyes turn black so he is a demon, right? Maybe Crowley meant that Dean would become a super demon like Crowley or Abbadon if the Mark of Cain wasn't satisfied.

I agree Cole the "hunter" beating up Sam was a low blow. Still he could be an interesting character. We see he is a family man and a Marine at one time. So he could be just an angrier version of Sam and Dean when they were hunting the yellow-eyed demon. Or he can be so consumed with anger and revenge, he is like Gordon with no hope of redemption. It will be interesting to see what Dean did that has Cole going after him.

I am not as interested in the angels storyline. Hannah is becoming more annoying. With all the angels that have died over the past few years, you would think she would allow them to live on Earth just to keep them alive than kill them because they broke some law. I hope they give Cas a better storyline soon because this angel storyline is getting repetitive. And the last likeable angel outside of Cas was Balthazar.

As for Jared's shoulder injury, I kinda feel his pain. I broke my shoulder blade when I had my scooter accident(You probably remember reading about it on FB) earlier this summer. Although I didn't know I broke my shoulder until a few days later as the pain wasn't too severe. So I never had to use the sling or any surgery and it healed on its own. Hopefully Jared isn't in any pain and will get full use of his shoulder soon.

Kim, you didn't miss much in the way of previews. The one they had after the premiere was very choppy lasted only ten seconds. It ended with Dean saying something like, "You don't know what I want to do, Sammy. No idea" and Sam being knocked out(by Dean?) :twitch: . There is a longer and better preview online like the SPN Facebook page.

I didn't get the see the Retrospective because there were too many other shows on at 9:00 Monday night.. I also had Sleepy Hollow on at 9:00 and my Dad & Brother have become fans of the new show, Scorpion which was also on at 9:00. So I had to miss it. So I am hoping and praying they will have that on the DVDs for Season 10 when it comes out next year. :(

Also, I agree with you about the Angel storyline, I was like enough already! BTW: Did you recognize the actor that was playing Daniel? He was the same one that played the Pizza Delivery Guy in the Monster Movie episode! :lol: I noticed him right away. :)

Kim

Hey Kim. I hope you are doing okay. Sorry to hear that you missed the retrospective. I would think they will have it on the DVD when it comes out. Maybe you can check to see if it's online somewhere.

Good eye on the actor who played Daniel in the premiere. I admit I didn't recognize him and I only vaguely remember the pizza delivery guy in the Monater Movie episode. I know bad fan. :P

Now on to this week's episode. Overall it was good but not as strong as the season premiere. I'm glad that Sam has Dean and that Dean wasn't under Crowley's control anymore(although it didn't look like Crowley had that much control over Dean anyway). I laughed out loud at the "Lonely Girl" scene where Crowley is sadly looking at a picture of him and Dean. :lol: Once again a good choice of music.

The Cole backstory was interesting but also very bizarre with the casting. I figured Cole was around Dean's age, but Dean is actually 10-11 years older?! :blink: Cole was supposedly 13 when his Dad died and Dean would have been 23 or 24 in 2003. So Cole would be 24 now and even younger tham Sam. What makes it crazier is the actor who plays Cole is my age(39), so he's even older than Dean/Jensen IRL. And I though Dean looked a little weird in the flashback and it was hard to tell if they did CGI on Jensen's face to make him look younger or if they put in a quick clip of Season 1 in the scene. Then again I have a feeling that Dean

could have been a shapeshifter and not the real Dean that killed the father

And can they kill off Metatron already? :angry: I was actually hoping for that and wishing that the episode would end with Hannah getting Cas' grace back and before Metatron could escape his cell, she would stab him. They need to find a better, more interesting villian to be the next Big Bad instead of keeping Metatron around.

Well it looks like next week's episode will be pretty intense as Sam will have an uphill battle trying to cure Dean.

I completely forgot my review of last week's episode. :doh:

That was a good episode last week and I agree with everything you said about it. I didn't get that backstory either with Cole and I was like I don't remember that happening but then I realized it took place in 2003, a couple of years before the show started. Also, about it being a shapeshifter instead of Dean, yeah I could see that happening as well. But I also think it might have been someone else and Cole just assumed it was Dean because he was the only person he saw.

I also agree with you about Metatron, the little twerp, I wish they would kill him off as well. Every time I see the actor's name at the beginning of the episode I cringe and I am like oh no he is on! UGH!! :angry:

Well tonight's episode is going to be an intense one and I am really scared for Sam after what Dean said to him in the car at the end of last week's episode. Hasn't Sam been beaten up enough already this season! I hope and pray it will be tonight's episode that Dean gets cured. Also, this is the episode that Jensen directed! What a job that must have been directing himself while playing Demon Dean.

Kim

OMG! That was a very intense episode last night! :O I thought for sure Dean was going to kill Sam but thank goodness Castiel got there in time. But that entire part when Sam was sticking that needle into Dean and watching Dean's reaction and what he was saying to Sam was very hard to watch. :fear: Thank goodness we got Dean back but like Cas said there is still the Mark of Cain to deal with. But I liked what Sam said about that when he said "one battle at a time". But what a great acting job both Jensen and Jared did in that episode. What amazes me more is the fact that Jensen directed last night's episode, that must have taken a lot of concentration on Jensen's part and he did a great job. :2thumbs:

Also, what a surprise about Crowley saving Castiel, I did not see that coming, but of course we know Crowley only does things when it will benefit him. So now Cas owes Crowley for saving his life.

Now, we have a new character coming into the show and her name is Rowena and she is a witch! I can't wait to see what they have in store with her character. :)

Next week's episode looks exciting and I am glad to see Dean back to his own self again. :heart:

Kim

Yeah, that was an Intense episode. I think Jensen did a very good job directing and he and Jared gave great performances as usual. I really felt for Sam this episode. At first I was worried about Sam with the way he used Lester and tortured the demon. :O Dean was really harsh with his insults(although the "whiny" comment was deserved, especially the last two seasons :P ). And to have Dean almost kill him. I kinda wished Sam would give Dean their patented brotherly hug when he was cured. But I get where Sam wasn't ready for that yet. Jared did an excellant job showing relief and tirededness when Dean was cured.

I am surprised and maybe a bit disappointed that Dean was cured of being a demon so soon. While I am glad he is no longer a demon, I think the writers could have dragged it out a little longer and shown a really dark Dean. It could have been a really good acting showcase for Jensen. With the exception of this episode, it was like Dean was being his "bad" self(drinking a lot, sleeping around, hot temper) but at an extreme rate. Still as Cas reminded Sam, Dean still has the Mark of Cain. So Dean will still have issues and hopefully Jensen will have some good moments to come.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what will happen with Cas and Crowley. It is nice to see Cas potentially getting an interesting storyline. Sorry but I'm not digging the Cas-Hannah partnership and their "romance". To be fair, romance was never a strong suit for any of the SPN writers and it worked better when the ladies were just friends with the guys like Charlie or Pamela. I did like Dean and Jo but that was more of a flirty, not yet romantic friendship.

Next week looks good, back to the monster of the week episode. Of course Sam and Dean look mighty fine in their sheriff(deputy?) uniforms. :hott:

Oh and good news/bad news for you Kim. According to TV Guide, there won't be a new episode Tuesday, Nov, 4(The Tuesday after this coming week). It's Election night, so I guess they don't want to take chances being interrupted with election news. The good news is they are reairing the Special Supernatural Special instead. :w00t: If you haven't seen it yet, I hope you can see it then.

Thank you so much for letting me know that they will be repeating the Supernatural Special on Election night. That will give me something to watch instead of the boring election returns, it will also get my mind off of how screwed Massachusetts might be after that night.

Kim

I absolutely loved last night's episode! I am so happy to see Dean and Sam back together again and back in the Impala! :cheer2: It was also nice to see them going on a Monster hunt again, just the two of them. No Crowley, no Angels to deal with either. :) But naturally Dean and Sam are still having their issues but when haven't they.

Also, once the show started I remembered Kate from before and how I did not like that previous episode she was in because Dean & Sam were hardly in that one. Then to find out she went and turned her sister into a Werewolf! I know she was trying to save her life but look what she ended up doing! And in the end she ended up having to kill her anyways. Then they let her go again, I have a feeling it won't be the last time they hear from her and they will regret letting her go again.

So the next episode will be their 200th Episode and it looks really good! :w00t: And next week should be the special. So I will still see Jensen & Jared even though it is a not a new episode.

Kim

I don't know. I would call this an uneven episode at best.

First the good: I agree it was great to see Sam and Dean working on a case again. I loved the opening shot of them wearing sunglasses and relaxing. :vcool: The Impala scenes with Sam and Dean were very good. It was nice to watch the brothers talking to each other without one blaming the other for something and putting each other down. They both actually admitted to making mistakes and tried to talk about their issues in a mature way. True there were awkward pauses and things left unresolved, but that is true to form for Sam and Dean. I hope the writers keep it like this instead of creating yet another rift between them. They already have their issues and angst. Let them at least try to help each other to work those out.

Now the bad: Simply put I Hated "Bitten". To me it's Worst Supernatural Episode Ever. Of all the 198 episodes worth of characters to follow up on, the writers chose Kate. Really? :angry: I just think the case was a wasted opportunity because I doubt that many people cared about her the first time around and her second time wasn't much better. Sadly the actress' acting ability hasn't improved any in the two year span. While I wanted to feel sorry for her with the situation with her sister, the weak acting and the predictable outcome left me cold. Sam and Dean letting her go made some sense(she did save their lives or at least cleaned up her mess) but I agree they should keep a closer eye on her. Still, I liked the last exchange between Dean and Kate: "See you around, kid". "I hope to hell not". Yeah, Dean and Sam can check up on her, just keep it off-camera. She won't be missed. :P

Yeah, the 200th episode does look funny and I enjoyed the other "meta" episodes. Kim, I hope you get to see the special this week. It's a good(albeit short) one. :2thumbs:

WOW!! :w00t: I absolutely enjoyed last night's 200th Episode! I wasn't sure about it when I first heard it was going to be a musical just like Jensen & Jared didn't like the idea at first but like them, I was pleasantly surprised and I thought it was well done. When I first heard it was going to be a musical, I thought there was going to be dance numbers and they were going to make it into a comedy but thank goodness I was wrong. The only part that made me cringe was when Dean and Sam finally told the girls who they really were and they thought it was a joke!

Now to my favorite parts, I love the part when Dean is giving the girls a pep talk and telling them they are going to be great and to think he was the one that hated it when they first discovered it. The part I keep seeing in my mind was while the musical is going on, Dean is attacking the scarecrow in the background, I am laughing now just thinking about it. But my favorite part was the end when the cast sang "Carry On My Wayward Son" and they showed Dean & Sam getting teary-eyed. Watching Jensen & Jared doing that scene I don't think they were acting, they were genuinely emotional just like I was. :quiver:

I thought that was a fitting tribute to Supernatural, Dean & Sam and to us fans! And I can't wait to see it again! :2thumbs:

Now next week's looks awesome! It looks like a take off of the board game, Clue! One of my favorite games of all-time! We even have it on our Wii! So that looks like it is going to be another fun episode. :)

Kim

Your review was spot on, Kim. I thought the 200th episode was great. :2thumbs: It was off to a rocky start as I thought it would be continual singing. I agreed with Dean that the music was tonally wrong. Instead of Les Miserables or "Andrew Floyd Webber" type songs, they should have at least one song be an uptempo rock song. Then the show started to really improve with all the one-liners and digs at the show over the years. I actually laughed at the girls' reaction when Dean and Sam revealed themselves. I cracked up at the "You're too old. You're like Bobby and Rufus". :lol: True the brothers are gorgeous and still young, but it's also true for many teenage girls that 30 and up is "old".

I liked the Dean fighting the scarecrow in the background scene too. And how everybody in the audience thought it was part of the show.

But the last ten minutes were the best moments in the show. Jensen and Jared have always been good with facial acting, but they really nailed the last scenes. The look on their faces when the girls sang "Carry On Wayward Son" put a big lump in my throat(And having "Mary" sing the opening lines was very moving and put a new spin on the song :quiver: ). Marcie giving Dean the Samulet and the "Jerk-Bitch" exchange. The mortified look on Dean's face when he realized he called a teenage girl a bitch, and then relief when Marcie smiled, both realizing it was a Sam-Dean thing(and she was dressed as Sam). The awkward glances between Sam and Dean when the girl mentioned Adam was still in Hell. The brotherly look between Sam and Dean when Dean hung the Samulet on the rearview mirror.

Wait, no mention of the final scene? I admit I did an Elizabethtown dialogue exchange in my head. When Marcie started gushing and walking up to the mystery man, I was like, "Is that Chuck?" and when the camera zoomed on him, I'm like, "It's Chuck!" :w00t: (Ok so I showed more enthusiasm than Drew did when he was on the phone but still). I hope they do bring Chuck back to clarify if he's God or just a powerful prophet. Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a one-time appearance.

As much as the cast and producers have promoted this episode as a love letter to fans, to me it also a reminder of what makes SPN so great. It is a story of two brothers against the world. On the road and hunting things. I just hope Carver, Singer, and Co. remember that when plotting the rest of this season and future seasons. Keep the focus on Sam and Dean and their missions, not too much on angels and demons and creating yet another rift between the brothers. If they can do that then I hope Supernatural has a long road left and maybe reach 300.

Next week looks funny too. Kim, I played Clue growing up too. I think Clue and an Entertainment Tonight knock-off of Trivial Pursuits were my favorite board games that I played with my sister.

Wait, no mention of the final scene? I admit I did an Elizabethtown dialogue exchange in my head. When Marcie started gushing and walking up to the mystery man, I was like, "Is that Chuck?" and when the camera zoomed on him, I'm like, "It's Chuck!" :w00t: (Ok so I showed more enthusiasm than Drew did when he was on the phone but still). I hope they do bring Chuck back to clarify if he's God or just a powerful prophet. Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a one-time appearance.

OMG! I completely forgot about that final scene! :doh: After reading what you said about Elizabethtown and how Drew said "Its Chuck!", I absolutely agree with you. But at the time it never crossed my mind, shame on me. :paperbag2:

Anyways, I agree with every thing you said about the 200th Episode and I hope they do go back to what the show is really about, Dean & Sam and taking on the world together. No more rifts! But I wouldn't get my hopes up because Dean still has that Mark of Cain and they will be dealing with that again sooner or later.

Kim

I enjoyed last night's episode! It was a like a whodunit case just like in the game of Clue. I love all the references to the game, like Dean mentioning Colonel Mustard and how they showed the rope, wrench, candlestick, knife and revolver and also the secret passage to the attic. I also loved the music they played while Dean was looking around the place. :2thumbs:

Also, what did you think of that woman that kept coming on to Sam?! I kind of felt bad for him and loved that part when he couldn't get away from her fast enough when she was trying to lure him into her bedroom. :lol:

So this whole case got started because of Bobby and it was him that discovered the shape shifter when she was born. So he isn't in the show anymore but he certainly hasn't been forgotten.

Also, towards the end when Dean was killing the shape shifter, I can easily tell that the Mark of Cain is still affecting him and naturally Sam noticed it and when he tried to get Dean to talk about it, once again he clammed up, so when he doesn't want to talk about something we know it is an issue like the Mark.

Now next week's looks very interesting and I am glad the new ones are still coming. I remember in the past it would be on hiatus by now but because it didn't get started until October that is why they are still having new episodes.

Kim

I really like this episode too and thought it was one of the better monster of the week episodes in recent years. I loved the shout-outs to Clue as well. I thought the cougar hitting on Sam was funny and Jared did a great job with his facial expressions showing us how uncomfortable Sam was with her come-ons :teehee: (Although I can't say I blame the woman. I mean. with two gorgeous men in the house, I'd do some flirting too :naughty:.) I also liked how later in the episode Sam acted really friendly with the women. Of course it was a test to see if they were shape-shifters.

I agree it was nice to tie Bobby to the case. Still it kinda made me sad because it reminded me how much I miss him.

Yep, the Mark of Cain rears its ugly head again. While it is annoying that Dean won't be more honest with himself and Sam, sadly it is typical for him to shut down when something is wrong with him. It will likely get to the point where Dean will have no choice but to confront his issues.(maybe mid-season finale?)

In another case of a returning guest star playing a different role: Kevin McNulty, who played the butler, also played the reverend in Season 1 episode "Faith". I admit I couldn't place him right away but I knew he played a priest/reverend and I could see him in scenes with Dean and Sam. His "British" accent threw me off too. It also didn't help that his name is so similar to Kevin McNally(different actor/guest star :lol:).

Next week should be interesting as it looks like they are kicking off the Rowena storyline. It still surprises me that SPN hasn't had a recurring witch character until now. Hopefully it will be a good storyline.

One more thing: Earlier this week I was at Barnes and Noble and I saw TV show versions of the board game Clue. They had Big Bang Theory and Firefly. With "Ask Jeeves" on my mind, I wish they could have made a Supernatural version. Maybe have a "Who killed Ruby?" or "Who Killed Lucifer?" and have Sam, Dean, and other popular characters as suspects. :shiny:

OMG! I knew I had seen Kevin McNulty somewhere but I couldn't remember where, until you mentioned it, that also guest-starred Julie Benz.

I also like your idea of a Clue game featuring Supernatural. But I think that is funny there is one for The Big Bang Theory, that is my favorite comedy and I wonder what the Clue version is like. :)

Kim

Another good episode with a few twists! I liked their shout out to social media at the beginning of the episode but I was surprised to see it was Dean that was taking advantage of it and not Sam, seeing it is Sam that liked the latest technology in the past, remember how he tried to put an iPod in the Impala and when Dean came back from hell he wanted nothing to do with it. :lol: But I am not surprised by his username, Impala67! :shiny:

Now Rowena, she looks like she is going to be an interesting character but I just hope and pray she won't be beating up on Dean & Sam too much. I wasn't very happy with her when she turned on them especially after they just saved her from those two demons! Also, what a surprise at the end, when Crowley sees her for the first time and he calls her Mother! I am like OMG is she Crowley's Mother?! The look on his face was priceless!

Also, I am glad Dean finally explained to Cole what happened with his Father and I am glad Cole believed him, hopefully that will be the last time we see him unless he comes back to help them out in some way. I am also glad they finally got rid of Hannah, she wasn't right for Castiel. So hopefully now that she is gone, he will start teaming up with Dean & Sam again.

I am so glad there is another new episode next week, by this time in previous seasons they would already be on hiatus. Maybe because it got started in October that is why the new ones are lasting longer this season. It would be nice if they had another Christmas episode. Anyways, Sheriff Mills is back and I recognize the other sheriff, she was in the episode where Dean & Sam went to investigate that health club, the one where Dean got high on sweet potatoes! :lmao2: So that looks like it is going to be a good one.

Kim

Sorry it took so long for me to post my thoughts, but here they are:

Yeah I liked the dating app scene too. And it's true Sam is the tech-savvy one and spends more time on the internet. But Sam wouldn't be the type to put himself out in a dating app, especially to pick up "babes". Dean would. Plus I remember a couple times Dean borrowed Sam's laptop to look at internet porn, especially in earlier seasons(ie Tall Tales). Still I would love to see an episode where Sam acts like a womanizer because of some spell or has to pretend to be one to investigate some monster. That would be funny and give Jared something different to play. :teehee:

Overall I liked this episode even though I also felt they crammed a lot of story into one episode. Rowena does seem pretty interesting but so far she doesn't seem threatening enough to be The Big Bad for this season. We'll see how that plays out. In fairness to Rowena, Dean and Sam didn't kill those demons to save her. They did it to save her two protégés. Sam and Dean likely would have killed Rowena themselves. She knew that. The Rowena as Crowley's mother was a great twist I didn't see coming either. :O When he was staring at her, I thought Rowena was going to be Crowley's ex-wife/mother of his son(Angus?). So Rowena as Crowley's mother should be fun to watch.

Cole's and Dean's standoff ended up being very anticlimactic. I mean, Cole spent years planning his revenge and wanting to kill Dean, and he just takes Dean's version of events(True Cole didn't believe him at first, but Dean had no proof to back his words) as truth and ultimately walks away. Yes Dean gave a good speech about "going dark" but there should have been more. When Sam mentioned Cole's family I was expecting Sam to say he would be compelled to kill Cole if he shot Dean, and Cole's son would grow up without a father just like Cole. Still Jensen was great in his scene and when Dean said he was "beyond saving", I wanted to give Dean a hug. The actor who played Cole was pretty good in the last scene too and I doubt we saw the last of him. Especially since Dean pointed out he didn't know what kind of monster Cole's father was. Still Cole's storyline was poorly written so I hope it is a while before they bring him back and the writers can decide what they want from the character.

And Hannah's departure was abrupt too. Of course just when the character becomes remotely interesting(which isn't saying much :rolleyes:), she leaves. I liked how they brought up the subjects of the "suits" that the angels take over and the effects it has on the ones left behind. I forget when did the episode where we find out about Jimmy Novak and his family happen? Season 4? 5? I wonder if Cass will check in on Jimmy's family from a distance. Although I agree the writers should have Cass team up with Sam and Dean again and stop giving him separate sub-plots where he is paired with boring angels.

Yeah next week's episode should be good as I generally liked the Sheriff Jodi episodes. And I liked the sheriff from "The Purge" last season too(sorta reminded me of Frances McDormand's character in Fargo). But I thought The Purge took place in some other state besides Montana(where Jodi lives). Maybe they'll explain that tomorrow.

Slightly O/T but last Tuesday, another favorite TV actor of mine, Jamie Bamber, guest-starred on NCIS(which airs before SPN). Some fans refer to Jensen and Jared as J2. So does last Tuesday mean I had a J3 night? Sadly I DVRed POI or I could have had a J4 night(with Jim Caveziel). :shiny:

About the episode where we meet Jimmy and his family that would be Season 4, the same season where we got introduced to Castiel. :)

Also, Tuesday night is a J3 night for me because I watch POI right after Supernatural. Tuesday is my favorite TV night, whereas Friday is my Mom's because of Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-0. :shiny:

Kim

WOW! That was a fun episode! I really enjoyed this one. I thought Sheriff Jodi and Sheriff Donna were great together, although it took Jodi a little while to warm up to Donna but they made a good team. :) Also, I had a feeling that Sheriff might be a Vampire, especially when his deputy told Dean about the videos and how the Sheriff was keeping them to himself. But I was not expecting that girl that Jodi gave money to at the beginning to be one. But Donna got her good. You know I have gotten so use to see them chopping heads off I am immune to it now and it doesn't even bother me. Whenever an episode involves vampires I expect it. :lol:

Also, it was good to see Dean & Sam working another monster case together just like the old days but it looks like the Mark of Cain is starting to affect Dean and naturally he is trying to keep it to himself but I think Sam can see right through him, he knows Dean too well not to know that there is something wrong.

I didn't get to see the previews because someone shut the TV off before they came on. So what did you see? I am glad to see there are still new ones coming and I am really hoping there will be another Christmas episode, they haven't had one since Season 3. :decorate:

Kim

Update on the last post. I saw the YouTube clip for the previews for next week's episode and I have not gotten it out of my head since! OMG! The Mark of Cain comes back to haunt Dean big time and it is going to be a tough one to watch! :O Also, it is the Mid-Season Finale. :(

So we are going to be on the edge of our seats with this one and knowing them they will probably leave Dean in a bad place and keep us waiting until after the holidays to see what happens.

Kim

OMG! What a way to leave us until January! I knew Dean wasn't healed and that the Mark of Cain would come back to haunted them! So when Dean was attacked I knew that was it and I was wondering where is Sam?! So when they showed Sam, Castiel and Claire running for the car, I was yelling at Sam "aren't you missing someone!" :shout: Then when he finally realizes Dean is not with them and the look on his face and then he goes back inside, OMG! :O Also, this is something that Claire will never forget, she is already messed up but to see that! Sam & Castiel are used to it but not Claire. Also, I am really missing Bobby, if he was still around he would be going through every book and journal to find a way to reverse or get rid of the Mark of Cain. So hopefully when they come back they will find a way to save Dean.

Also, now that Crowley and his Mother have joined forces I hope and pray Crowley doesn't go back to the way he was when the first joined the show, I didn't like him back then, it took a while for him to grow on me.

So now we have to wait until January 20th to see what happens next.

Kim

Sorry this is so late in coming, but here are my thoughts:

First, "Hibbings 911". I really liked this episode too and agree that Jody and Donna make a good team. Since the producers are still thinking of a doing a SPN spin-off I wonder if they would consider doing a spin-off with Jody and Donna working cases together. Let them build a show around characters that fans like. Sadly, neither woman really fits the CW demographic. We saw with "Bloodlines" last season how most of the characters were "hot" twentysomethings. Although judging from the 200th episode party, Kim Rhodes looks better in real life than when she plays Jody(who looks tired and bitter sometimes).

And it seems like ever since the networks decided some shows should have a mid-season finale, it seems like the warm and fuzzy Christmas shows have been replaced by intense cliffhanger episodes. So I don't think we'll see another Supernatural Christmas like episode again.

Which brings us to the mid-season finale. WOW! Talk about a scary ending. :nails: Dean can't be in denial anymore about the Mark of Cain's hold on him. He and Sam will need to find a cure ASAP before Dean kills more people. True those men were lowlifes. But Sam and Dean rarely killed humans and only did so as a last resort("The Benders" being a classic example). As for Claire, what the heck was Cas thinking bringing her back in the house? The lead bad guy tried to rape her and almost killed her and the two of them go back in there. Really? :doh: Cas should of told Claire to stay in the car or if he didn't want to leave her alone, he should have stayed with her. Sam and Dean are usually fine handling trouble on their own.

I think Crowley is going to regret teaming up with "Mommy Dearest". Even I could tell that Rowena and the other woman were lying about Crowley's henchman, Gerald. I have a feeling she'll turn on Crowley and try to take his place as King/Queen of Hell. It's interesting that I liked Crowley in the beginning better than I do now. When he first started, I liked how he occasionally helped the brothers in their fight against Lilith and Lucifer(Of course it usually benefitted him as well). It was when Crowley started to become King of Hell that his character went downhill for me as he did far more damage than good(Using Bobby to try to get his soul, going after Kevin to get the tablets). Crowley's softened a bit now, but he still is a big jerk. It is mainly because of Mark Sheppard's acting and his sense of humor that makes Crowley fun to watch rather than the character himself.

Fun fact: The actor who played Randy(the guy who used Claire to steal money), Roark Critchlow, was on Days of Our Lives around the same time Jensen was. :shiny: I wonder if the had a chance to talk and reminisce about the show.

I hate how we have to wait over a month for a new episode but that is the usual hellatus. The promos look just as intense as the mid-season finale.

I can't believe Dean hit Charlie! :O I really hope it's a dream or Charlie is a shapeshifter or something. I don't think I can handle Dean hitting a woman, especially Charlie. Now Dean beating the crap out of Metatron. I can watch that all day. :lol:

I missed the previews so I didn't see the promos for the second half of the season! OMG! Dean hitting Charlie! Either she is a shapeshifter or the Mark of Cain has really screwed him up and he can't tell friend from foe. I just hope this doesn't put a wedge between Dean & Charlie and she realizes that its not Dean but the Mark of Cain. :( But yeah, I wish I could have seen that part with Dean beating up Metatron, I wish I could help him out. That is definitely something to look forward to. :shiny:

Well, with Christmas and New Year's, this hiatus usually goes by quite fast and January 20th will be here before we know it. :)

Kim

Oh wow! I am so glad Supernatural is back and what an episode to come back with! I loved that part when Dean was beating up Metatron, he deserved every punch and slice that Dean gave him and I couldn't understand why Sam & Castiel felt the need to stop him! I wish I could have given him a punch or two myself! :lol: But OMG! He is so annoying and I hope it will be a while before we see him again.

Also, I hope that is the last we will see Claire as well, she is nothing but trouble and I knew Dean was walking into a trap even before he got there. And did you recognize the the actor that was playing the guy that tried to kill Dean, he was the same actor that played Uncle Ted in the episode where that family moved into the house with those two wild kids living inside the walls during Season 4. The episode guest-starred Helen Slater and Dylan Minnette.

What do you think of Crowley's Mother? She is a real piece of work! Its no wonder Crowley has turned out the way he has having a Mother like that.

Well, I hope and pray they can get rid of that Mark of Cain and get Dean back to normal again.

Then next week's episode, OMG! What is going on with Charlie? Why is she going after Dean? I thought they were friends? The last time we saw her she was left with Dorothy and went into the Land of Oz. Well, I can't wait for next week to see happens and hopefully things will get straighten out between Dean and Charlie.

Kim

Sign in to follow this