Sunstar

10 posts in this topic

Orlando will be a speaker at We Day Vancouver on Wednesday, October 22, 2014, at the Rogers Arena.

We Day Toronto and Vancouver Line-Ups Announced!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year—We Day season!

Today we are so excited to release the much anticipated talent lineups for We Day Toronto and We Day Vancouver. In partnership with MTV, and alongside National Co-Title Sponsors, RBC and TELUS, We Day Toronto and Vancouver will bring together over 40,000 students for jam-packed days full of celebration and inspiration.
On October 2, host Liz Trinnear will lead the electric crowd of thousands, welcoming world-renowned performers and speakers to the stage. Only weeks later, We Day will head to the West Coast, where host Selena Gomez will lead the celebration in Vancouver with thousands of students and educators at Rogers Arena on October 22. The two events will be streamed live at www.mtv.ca/weday and taped for a special broadcast on MTV premiering Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. ET and on CTV Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. ET.

We Day

Where Orlando was such a great time when he did the We Day Concert in LA, I am not surprised he would be doing this one. :w00t:

Looking forward to the pictures and his speech! I loved his speech at the LA concert, so I know I will love this one. :throb:

Thank you Rene for the heads up. :hug:

Kim

Thanks for the news, Rene! This sounds like a really neat event! I can't wait to see the pics and hear what he has to say.

The Vancouver Sun

'Use each day to make a difference,' actor Orlando Bloom tells students at We Day Vancouver

We Day is a social change event, for which students cannot buy a ticket. They have to earn their ticket by performing both local and global acts of service
VANCOUVER -- When Orlando Bloom was 19, he was a drama student in London, enjoying life, until an accident changed everything.
"I was your play-hard, play-hard type. I was easily distracted by the bright lights of London. I thought I was invincible and I could do anything," said Bloom, who is an actor and humanitarian. "I fell 30 feet from a window. When I came to, I couldn't move my arms and my legs."
He was told by doctors that he might never walk again.
As he lay in the hospital, unable to move, he realized he had been racing through his life, running from one thing to the next.
"I lay there staring at the ceiling unable to move, in more pain than you think is humanly possible," Bloom told the crowd of 20,000 students gathered for We Day at Rogers Arena Wednesday. "I decided that wasn't going to be my destiny. We have to make good use of the time we have — (it's) that simple. We have to wake up every day knowing it's not an ordinary day. We have to use each day to make a difference — seize that day."
As well as being a successful actor, Bloom is a UNICEF goodwill ambassador and recently spent time at a refugee camp in Syria.
We Day is a social change event, for which students cannot buy a ticket. They have to earn their ticket by performing both local and global acts of service.

I love you Orlando and you are the best there. :iheart: He is definitely the perfect role model for these kids to follow and to look up to and I hope they really took his message to heart. :heart:

Thank you so much Rene for posting the wonderful pictures and the article. :hug:

Kim