Sunstar

PICS: 68th Annual Tony Awards

Orlando will be a presenter at the 2014 Tony Awards.

The line-up of performances for the American Theatre Wing’s 68th Annual Tony Awards® has been announced—and the June 8 CBS broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City (8:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET/PT time delay) will be starrier than ever.

<snip>
Hosted by Tony Award winner, Emmy Award-winning, Academy Award®-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor Hugh Jackman, Broadway’s biggest night will feature appearances by Bradley Cooper, Kevin Bacon, Carole King, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Will Ferrell, Liev Schreiber, Emmy Rossum, Kate Mara, Zachary Quinto, Zachary Levi, Lucy Liu, Clint Eastwood, Patricia Clarkson, Leighton Meester, Ethan Hawke, Zach Braff, Matt Bomer, Anna Gunn, Gloria & Emilio Estefan, Tony nominee Audra McDonald, Fran Drescher, Wayne Brady, Kenneth Branagh, Tony Goldwyn, Vera Farmiga and Alessandro Nivola.
UPDATE: Add Orlando Bloom and Jonathan Groff, and two-time past-winner Judith Light to the roster of stars on the telecast!
The Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall, on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 8, 2014. You can watch our live red carpet coverage at TonyAwards.com beginning at 6:00 p.m. ET, courtesy NY1 News.
During the Tony telecast, visit TonyAwards.com/secondscreen for our exclusive behind-the-scenes companion coverage of the CBS telecast. And follow the Tonys at Facebook.com/TheTonyAwards, @TheTonyAwards on Twitter, and Instagram.com/TheTonyAwards.

You can read the full article here

That is great news Rene that Orlando will be a presenter at the Tony Awards. I will definitely be watching the Tony Awards on Sunday.

Thanks, Kimberley and Rene, for the heads up. I might catch bits and pieces of the show. I have several Sunday night series that I watch. I can't DVR them all since I share that function with hubby's shows. Big congratulations to Orlando on being chosen.

That is fantastic news! :yahoo: I was wondering if Orlando was going to be there, so I am absolutely thrilled to know that he will be a presenter! :cheer2:

This means more gorgeous photos to look forward to. :w00t:

Thank you so much Rene for this exciting update! :hug:

Kim

WOW! :faint: I saw Orlando on the Tony Awards and he looked absolutely gorgeous in his tuxedo! :hott: I didn't have to wait long to see him and he did a great job presenting. :throb:

So I am already looking forward to seeing his gorgeous pictures here on Ka-Bloom. :)

Kim

I agree with you Kim that Orlando looked gorgeous in his tuxedo. I love how his hair was done. He did an excellent job presenting. I can't wait to see pics of Orlando looking gorgeous on here.

Oh I know, Kimberley, his hair looked great tonight, I love how he is letting is grow long. :hott:

Kim

I missed the Tonys. Too many other shows to watch on a Sunday night. I'm sure Orlando looked gorgeous and did a terrific job. Hopefully, there will be pictures.

Here are some pics - there are more in the Gallerie. :)

TonyAwards14_01.jpg

TonyAwards14_02.jpg

TonyAwards14_04.jpg

TonyAwards14_05.jpg

TonyAwards14_09.jpg

TonyAwards14_12.jpg

TonyAwards14_13.jpg

TonyAwards14_14.jpg

- Zimbio, Celebrity Gossip, Tony Awards

Oh wow! :w00t: I love these pictures of Orlando! He looks absolutely gorgeous, the tux, the hair, that smile! :hott: :faint:

Thank you so much Rene for posting these beauties and helping to get my day off on the right foot. :hug:

Kim

Rene, thank you for the pictures. Orlando looks fabulous. Love him in the tux. Great picture of him with Lucy Liu (I'm an "Elementary" fan). What a wonderful way to begin my Monday!

Thank you for the pictures, Sunstar. I read in one of the news articles that the tux was mid-night blue. I only know he looks swoon worthy in it. He did a wonderful job as usual.

Thank you for the pics Rene. I agree with you Kim that Orlando looks gorgeous. I love his smile, his hair, and the tuxedo he's wearing. I love the colour of his tuxedo. I love the pic of him with Lucy Liu. She looks beautiful. He did a wonderful job presenting and did anyone see what Neil Patrick Harris did to Orlando at the Tony Awards dressed up in his character?

He did a wonderful job presenting and did anyone see what Neil Patrick Harris did to Orlando at the Tony Awards dressed up in his character?

No I did not see that part with Neil Patrick Harris, which character did he dress up as? Legolas or Romeo?

Kim

Neil was actually the one n costume. He was dressed as his character in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, who is transgendered. Think lots of makeup, lots of glitter, fishnets, and a big, blonde wig.

Neil came into the audience while performing a song from his show, and stood on Orlando's armrests while dancing the "car wash" over his head. Orlando had a huge smile on his face, as 'Hedwig' shouted "Bloomie!" (Or something along those lines). It was all in good fun. Neil also ended up in Kevin Bacon's lap before he made it back to the stage.

I thought that it was hilarious.

Edited because I forgot my manners. Thank you for all of the gorgeous photos!

OMG! I missed that! :doh: I turned it off after Orlando was done presenting now I wish I had kept watching, that must have been hilarious! :lol:

Thank you so much Cayenne for letting me know. :hug:

Kim

Great photos! Thank you, Rene. Orlando looked his gorgeous self last night. The dark suit complemented his tan. I absolutely loved his smile when Hedwig came to give him a special sort-of lap dance! The whole show was very entertaining to watch.

Kim, it was funny that Neil Patrick Harris was dressed as his character in Hedwig and the Angry Inch and that he stood on Orlando's armrests and was dancing over his head. Orlando was smiling and laughing throughout the dancing and it was funny when Neil Patrick Harris shouted and I think it was I'm Blooming, I'm Blooming. It was very funny. I think there must be a clip of Neil Patrick Harris dancing on you tube so you could probably see it there. I think there is also a clip on Just Jared. I thought the Tony Awards was very entertaining this year and I loved watching Orlando be a presenter because he did a great job. He looked gorgeous in his tuxedo.

We don't get so many swooning opportunities these days, but this one is right up there with the best.

:w00t: :faint:

Love the midnight blue tux, love the guy wearing it.

:dbb:

Aliza

Dang it! I could have sworn I DVRed the Tonys last night as I knew I would be out most of Sunday. But for some reason it didn't record it and by the time I found out, it was about halfway over. :rant:

Anyway thanks for the pictures Rene. Needless to say he looked gorgeous and I Love the suit. :hott: (Is it wrong to hope that he wears it again someday?). Who was the actress he presented with? I think this is one of those rare times where he presented with a woman who was taller than he was(Of course she could have been wearing high heel shoes :teehee:).

I was able to find a You Tube clip of Neil Patrick Harris' performance. The "I'm Blooming" bit starts at about the 1:54 mark. And an added bonus, Orlando is seen smiling and clapping after the performance at the 4:24 mark :wub:. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6exRDZEdqTw

OMG! :rofl: Neil was hilarious as Hedwig and I loved that part when he is dancing over Orlando! :lmao2: What a great sport Orlando is, I can tell he enjoyed that. :lol:

Thank you so much Marilyn for finding and posting the video clip. :hug:

Kim

Maybe Orlando was a good sport and enjoyed it, but I don't think Sting did so much.

Thank you for the clip, Marilyn. It was great fun to watch. I also loved the part when Neil gave David a kiss.

I thought Sting was acting like he was into it...

He is just so perfect, love that he's growing his hair out! Could stare at these pictures all morning! :heart: