Sunstar

PICS: 2014 Huading Film Awards

Orlando won the Best Global Movie Star Award at the 2014 Huading Film Awards, held at The Montalban Theatre, Los Angeles on June 1. :) Here are a few pics - there are more in the Gallerie.

HuadingFilmAwards14_05.jpg

HuadingFilmAwards14_09.jpg

HuadingFilmAwards14_11.jpg

HuadingFilmAwards14_13.jpg

HuadingFilmAwards14_14.jpg

HuadingFilmAwards14_18.jpg

HuadingFilmAwards14_21.jpg

HuadingFilmAwards14_23.jpg
- Zimbio

Channel News Asia

Hollywood Hosts China's Huading Film Awards

HOLLYWOOD: China's Huading Film Award ceremony was held for the first time in the United States on Sunday, with Hollywood celebrities like Halle Berry and Orlando Bloom receiving honours.

While the Chinese awards are little known in the United States, western film celebrities understand the importance of the burgeoning Chinese market and many were present at the event.

The bilingual show, hosted by Chinese TV personality Olivia Xu and Chinese-American actress Lucy Liu, was held in the city's Ricardo Montalban Theatre and broadcast to millions of viewers across the Chinese-speaking world.

Winners were chosen by some 80 million members of the Chinese public who participated via surveys and Internet polling, according to the Beijing-based Global Talents Media Group, which has organised the annual awards event since 2007.

<snip>

Orlando Bloom won the Best Global Movie Star Award thanks to his appearance in hits like "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", and "The Lord of the Rings" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" trilogies.

"Thanks to the fans that took time to see my movies," he said, as he held up his award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sntHK0qXGP4

What a wonderful surprise to begin the week. Thank you, Sunstar, for managing to find gems such as these. Do I have to say it? That yellow scarf suits him to a T.
It's a great honor, and just another bit of proof of his talent. I'm so happy for him.

Congratulations to Orlando! What a prestigious award. Orlando is so handsome in his tux and the yellow stole is beautiful.

Thank you for the photos and video (with a nice bonus of Charlie Hunnam), Rene. I remember that the Ricardo Montalban Theatre is where the POTC extras casting call was held all those years ago. Fond memories!

Thanks for this lovely gift, Rene. What a wonderful way to begin the week! Congratulations to Orlando. A very well-deserved win for him. The pictures are delicious!!! I agree about the winners' yellow stole. It suits Orlando to a "t." He looks terrific!

Thank you Rene for bringing over the pics and the videos of Orlando and that he won the Best Global Movie Award. Congratulations Orlando! You deserve it. I also agree with you Serendipity that it is a great honour and it just shows that he is a talented and a gifted actor. I also love that yellow scarf he was given. I agree with you Faye that Orlando looked gorgeous in his tuxedo and the yellow scarf is beautiful. I agree that this was a well deserved win for Orlando.

OMG! What a great honor for Orlando! I am so happy for him on getting the Best Global Movie Star, that is fantastic! :yahoo:

I had no idea about this so this is a great surprise! :w00t: He definitely deserves this honor for being the amazing and talented actor that we all know and love. :throb:

I also love the pictures, Orlando is looking absolutely gorgeous in his tuxedo. :wub:

Thank you so much Rene for posting these beauties and for posting the video clips. :hug:

Kim

I agree with you Kim. I was also excited that Orlando won the Best Global Movie Star Award. I have always thought that Orlando was a great actor and very talented and this just shows Orlando deserves this honor. Orlando does look gorgeous and I love his long hair. I hope he is growing it for a movie role.

So happy for Orlando. And swooning over his tuxedo and the yellow scarf. How did they know about his/our affinity for clothing items of the yellow pursuasion?

xo

Aliza

Congrats to Orlando! Thank you for the pics and video, Rene. I agree that Orlando looks great with in the tux and yellow scarf around him. I also enjoyed the bonus Charlie Hunnam in the video. :2thumbs:

Orlando does look gorgeous and I love his long hair. I hope he is growing it for a movie role.

I am also glad to see him growing his hair long again, I loved it during his Will Turner days which is getting me to think, maybe and this is a big maybe, he is thinking of returning for POTC5! That would be awesome if he does reprise his role of the most gorgeous, hottest Pirate Captain ever! :hott:

Kim

I tend to think Orlando is just keeping his hair long because it's easier (i.e. he's lazy :lol:). Although he may have a project in the works. And it will be longer than Lady Galadriel's if there ever is a POTC5, which is highly unlikely. It's even less likely that Orlando will be involved.

Faye, I believe the phrase you're looking for is 'No way in hell'. :lol: I'm also in the 'lazy' camp (been there myself resulting in having over 6" cut off last month!).

Heaven help us! :stretcher: These are glorious photos, especially #2 and #3. The tuxedo is fantastic, it fits perfectly. Loving the long hair, oh the curls. :faint:

This is like in the old times and the man hasn't aged a bit.

Thanks for the beauties. :heart:

Elvira

Orlando looks gorgeous in the pics. Love his curly hair. He has not aged at all. I found out on Jared that Orlando will be a presenter at the Tony Awards.

Thanks Rene for the pictures and video. I am so happy for Orlando. :clap: And to say he looks gorgeous is an understatement. :hott: I love his hair right now. I don't care if it's laziness or he prefers long hair, I just hope he keeps it that length a while. :shiny:

Sadly I have to agree with Jan about Orlando playing Will Turner again. As much as I love Will, I just don't think the writers(or Jerry Bruckheimer) care enough about Will. :angry: To them POTC will always be the Capt. Jack Sparrow Show. So why should Orlando bother? The long hair could be for another project, maybe the Gut Fawkes movie?(if the rumors are legit).