Jan

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Premieres

I love that picture of Orlando and Evangeline. :heart:

Thank you so much Jan for posting the picture and the video clip. :hug:

Kim

Thank you Jan and Rene for the pix, clips, and links! Love the video of Orlando posing for all the photogs. Definitely gave me flashbacks to many premieres before. It's been so long, I didn't realize how much I missed this. All the excitement!

I watched the livestream with my ka-Bloomettes huddled on either side of me. It was such fun. We took a few screenshots, that turned out to be almost exactly the same ones Jan got!

So excited for this movie. I am going to get our tickets tomorrow for the midnight opening. Leggy is back! :leg:

Thanks, Jan, for the video clip. The familiar yell of the photogs, and it's just like the old days. Orlando looks wonderful. That's a sweet picture of him and Evangeline. Great find!

Aww, that's a cute photo of Orlando and Evangeline, thanks Jan. Great video too!

I added a few more photos to the Gallerie today including this lovely one of Orlando with Christine Harrell, Alexandra Astin (Elanor Gamgee in Return of the King), and Sean Astin at The Desolation of Smaug premiere party.

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_48.jpg

Thanks ever so much Jan and Rene for all the goodies. Right click, save, fill up the computer - it is just like old times and I am loving it!

T. :decorate:

Love this new photo, Rene. Will head on over to the gallerie to check out the additions.

Holy cow, that's his daughter?!? :lol: She was just a little thing, but yeah, that was more than a couple of years ago.

What a great photo! Thanks, Rene.

Love the pictures of Orlando with Evangeline Lilly. She is very beautiful. Orlando looks handsome as always. He has not aged at all. Love the pics of Orlando with Benedict and the one with Sean Astin and his daughter. I enjoyed watching the live stream of The Hobbit premiere. Orlando was very gracious with his fans and a gentlemen. He is a very handsome man. I loved watching after The Hobbit cast took a group picture that they were giving Orlando hugs. I am so excited for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Legolas is finally going to be back onscreen. Love the pics of Orlando with Peter Jackson as well.

Scrumptious photos, especially the semi-profile close up. I (almost) squealed aloud. It deserves this: :ka-nuke:

Thank you for providing, ladies.

That is a great picture of Orlando with Sean Astin and his family. I also can't believe that is Sean's daughter! She was just a little thing on ROTK.

Thank you very much Rene for posting this picture. :hug:

Kim

Watched a wee bit. However, my German is non-existent; what I saw was lovely. But I could understand nothing that was said.

Appreciate the link, Patty.

I'm watching the rebroadcast now. Barbara, the announcers speak in English much of the time. When they talk to the fans, most of whom are German, they spoke German. All the cast interviews are in English and the introduction of the cast at the end is, as well. Here is who I believe was there:

Ryan Gage
Ken Stott
Adam Brown
Dean O'Gorman
Aidan Turner
Graham McTavish
James Nesbitt
Nesbitt girls, Mary & Peggy
John Bain (I think)
Mikael Persbrandt
Sylvester McCoy
Luke Evans
Richard Armitage
Benedict Cumberbatch
Orlando Bloom
Evangeline Lilly
Martin Freeman
Ed Sheeran
Andy Serkis
Philipa Boyens
Peter Jackson

Thanks, Patty. Wish I had more time to check it out. I will definitely give a listen a bit later. When I jumped in, it was all in German. Fantastic attendance as per your list.

I clicked on the link to try to watch The Hobbit Berlin event and I was not able to watch it. When I clicked on it, it said that The Hobbit Berlin premiere coverage has ended. Are we able to watch the event on another site and is it up on you tube yet?

Here's a couple of excerpts. Berlin did such a lovely job. :heart:

And another, a great interview on the carpet w/ Richard Armitage, then Luke Evans, w/ cut-away to Orlando's arrival outside, at about 4'30".

Here are some gorgeous photos of Orlando at the European Premiere in Berlin. :wub: There are more photos in the Gallerie.

Hobbit2_EuropeanPrem120913_01.jpg

Hobbit2_EuropeanPrem120913_05.jpg

Hobbit2_EuropeanPrem120913_07.jpg

Hobbit2_EuropeanPrem120913_09.jpg

Hobbit2_EuropeanPrem120913_10.jpg

Hobbit2_EuropeanPrem120913_12.jpg

Hobbit2_EuropeanPrem120913_13.jpg

Gorgeous pictures. Thanks so much. Our internet is cutting in and out. I'll try the interviews but expect to be interrupted. Fingers crossed I make it through.

Great photos! And I love the blue tux. :heart: Poor Orlando, I am amazed he could even speak in complete sentences. He must have literally been going non-stop, from the time the last R&J performance finished until she asked him that question. He does better with jet lag than I do!

Hooray ... our internet held out. Lovely to see the cast, looking so fine, and so grateful for the amazing reception they are receiving. Thanks so much for providing the vids.

As others have said, lovely photos. I'll have to check out the interviews later. Thanks to all!

Wow Orlando looks good. :vcool: I love the detail on the suit.

This is insane: the amount of pictures, and interviews and hype about the movie - I love it! :clap: