Jan

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Premieres

Oh wow! So Orlando is in L.A. now getting ready for the premiere! So I will also add to that squeee! :w00t:

Thank you Jan for posting that. :hug:

Kim aka Aranes :leg:

Now that's what I call great news! :cheer2:

Yay! So exciting. Would've loved to be on Hollywood Boulevard right now along the red carpet, waiting for the premiere, but photos will have to suffice.

Thanks for the tweet, Jan!

It would be lovely to follow along. However, I have a huge music rehearsal tonight, so anything on line takes second place, even "Desolation." However, I do appreciate having the link. Thanks, Rene.

I was totally unprepared (and I don't know if I even have the programs for grabbing anymore!), but they just interviewed Orlando on the Red Carpet (after Evangeline Lilly and before Benedict Cumberbatch). He was lovely, as always, and it was a nice interview.

I'm sure it will show up somewhere in the next couple of days.

ED: I figured out you can 'rewind' a live stream, and I also figured out how to grab photos. Again :lol: So I'll be back later.

Edited by Jan

It was a lot of fun to watch this. Orlando was gracious and looked great. All of the interviewees were so nice and answered numerous questions. One thing that I found so sweet was, just before the movie started, you could watch them getting ready for a group photo. Once it was taken, several folks made a point of giving Orlando a big hug. I especially noticed Benedict Cumberbatch - and then I realized why. Since Orlando has been on Broadway, he flew in just for tonight and most of them had not seen him until that point and were greeting him.

Let's see if I can even remember how to post pictures... :lol:

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web02.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web03.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web04.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web05.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web07.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web10.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web12.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web22.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web28.jpg

Hobbit_SmaugPrem_Web31.jpg

I was just thinking...

10 years ago tomorrow. Return of the King Premiere in L.A.

ROTKPrem-LA_1902438.jpg

Whoa. Head rush.

Gah! Already 10 years? And still the blonde wig fits.. Not sure yet if I'm disappointed that there's no mohawk this time around. :lol:

10 years ago! Wow - seeing the great new pics and then seeing his older one - was unexpected and I had to go back and look longer. :) Both pictures he looks incredibly handsome and he really just gets better with each passing year. :heart:

Thanks, Jan for posting the pictures!

Thanks for the fantastic pictures Jan. You haven't lost your skill. :2thumbs:

The ten year old photo was a nice touch. It could be yesterday except that his hair is longer in the older one.

T.

Awesome pictures, Jan -- then and now. Has it really been 10 years since "The Return of the King?" It seems like only yesterday. Thanks for providing. You haven't lost your touch, m'dear.

You have not lost your magic touch Jan and I absolutely love all the photos from the premiere, Orlando looks gorgeous. :hott: I also love the oldie but goodie and yes I agree he has not aged over the ten years. :wub:

Thank you so much Jan for posting all of these beauties to Rene for posting the link to the premiere. :hug:

Thanks so much for the great pics, Jan. It really doesn't seem like it's been 10 years since the ROTK Premiere. He's still as handsome as ever! :wub:

I just watched the Premiere and that was amazing! :w00t: Its getting me even more anxious about seeing the Hobbit and Legolas' return to that big movie screen! :cheer2:

Thank you so much Rene for posting the link to the Premiere. :hug:

A few more pics from The Desolation of Smaug World Premiere at the TCL Chinese Theatre on Monday evening - the rest are in the Gallerie. :iheart:

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_01.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_02.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_04.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_10.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_13.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_16.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_17.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_20.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_21.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_26.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_30.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_31.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_35.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_37.jpg

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_39.jpg

- Zimbio, Hollywood Reporter, Celebrity Gossip, MirrorOnline, EOnline, SocialiteLife, Daily Mail, Cumberbatchweb

Oh my. :hott: Thanks for the lovely pics! I watched last night. Very exciting. Loved seeing the handsome men in suits. :faint:

I can't wait for the movie!

OMG! The best Dad in the world just surprised me with tickets to see the Hobbit at the IMAX in 3D on the 17th! :yahoo: Then I come in here and I find these beauties of Orlando from the World Premiere! :sheangel:

I am on cloud 9 right now and I don't think I will be coming down anytime soon. :Cloud9:

Thank you so much Rene for posting all these beauties! :hug:

Thank you, Rene. What a delight to see more pix of Orlando, and the Desolation gang. :iheart:

Congratulations, Kim, on receiving IMAX tickets. Your dad is a sweetheart.

Lovely pictures, Rene. Thanks for collecting them. I know it was quite a chore. :lol:

I found this one and thought it was pretty cute. Orlando being his usual charming self.

Hobbit2_WorldPrem120213_44.jpg