Patty

The Desolation of Smaug: TV/Magazine Alerts

Just in at The One Ring.net! :Cloud9:

Orlando Bloom and Ian McKellen on TODAY show tomorrow, Tuesday

September 30, 2013 at 6:59 pm by greendragon -

The excitement just keeps coming! Sir Ian McKellen just tweeted as follows:

Time to set those DVRs, and catch Gandalf and Legolas on tv before you watch the latest trailer!

Orlando Bloom and I on NBC’s Today show to premiere the trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug tomorrow Tuesday 8am EDT

— Ian McKellen (@IanMcKellen) September 30, 2013

Edited by Sunstar

Thanks for the shout out! It's short notice and I'm too many hours from home so here's hoping that my long distance programming of my DVR actually works *fingers crossed*. I'm looking forward to seeing the pair together again. Sir Ian is also currently treading the boards on Broadway.

I missed it! So I will wait patiently for the video, I am sure someone will post it here, I can't wait to see Orlando and Ian together, that should be quite a treat. :)

Thank you Patty for letting us know. :hug:

Kim

Here's a link to the clip from the Today show: :)

Orlando Bloom, Ian McKellen preview 'Hobbit' sequel

Legolas — otherwise known as actor Orlando Bloom — is back, and to no one's surprise, he still knows how to wield a bow. The handsome blond elf is seen in this exclusive image from "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" about to let fly an arrow. And he's not alone. Equally proficient at archery is red-headed Tauriel, (Evangeline Lilly), the head of the elven guard.

Bloom and his "Hobbit" co-star Ian McKellen appeared on TODAY Tuesday morning to introduce the new trailer for the long-awaited film. McKellen teed it up saying, "there's lots of action," and the trailer delivered what he promised.
Bloom explained that despite starring in the films, he initially had no idea what his finished scenes would look like since he's often filmed "hanging upside-down with wires on a green screen." He said he spent "hours flailing around, stabbing at things in the air" and then when he finally saw the film discovered that "it looks better than I thought!"

- NBC

Thank you, Rene. I'll borrow some of Sir Ian's words -- "this was worth turning up for." Looks fabulous. Good to see Gandalf and Legolas in their street clothes. I'm a frequent movie goer, and hope to see the preview on one of our big screens before too much longer. Thanks again -- made my day!

A great pic of Sir Ian and Orlando on the Today Show:

Today100113_01.jpg

- Today Entertainment

That is a great picture of Orlando and Ian. :heart:

Thank you very much Rene for posting this wonderful picture. :hug:

Kim

There's a choice of covers for the November 2013 issue of F*** movie magazine - the elves of Mirkwood and the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain adorn the issues you'll find at newsstands, and there's an exclusive digital cover featuring Orlando as Legolas for online buyers and subscribers.

FMovieMagNov13_01.jpg

FMovieMagNov13_02.jpg

Both the poster and the magazine cover are absolutely stunning! :w00t:

Also, this was me the moment I saw Legolas. :hott::faint:

Thank you very much Rene for posting both of these beauties. :hug:

Kim

Orlando will be making two television appearances next week. It's not certain whether he'll be promoting R&J or The Desolation of Smaug:

Monday December 2 - Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC)

Wednesday December 4 - Chelsea Lately (E!)

I'm leaning towards Middle Earth rather than Verona since Evangeline Lilly is also hitting the talk shows on 12/2,12/4 and 12/13 while Benedict Cumberbatch is on Kimmel 2/4. Sir Ian is scheduled for Letterman on 12/9 but he could also be promoting his two shows that just opened on Broadway. It could be a typo or there really could be another guy by the name but "Marin Freeman" will be on Jimmy Kimmel 12/3

I had been wondering how Orlando could be in LA on Monday 12/2 for Jimmy Kimmel Live but that is the same day as the LA premiere of The Desolation of Smaug. It's making more sense now.

Does anyone know if Chelsea Lately is pre-taped? In my mind that's the only way I can get Orlando back to NYC for his performances.

Thanks for the heads up on Orlando's appearances. I'm not a fan of Chelsea, so I may skip that one. I'll definitely catch Orlando on JK.

You know the Hobbit is getting closer when the talk show circuits start up and it sounds like Orlando and his castmates are going to be busy! :cheer2:

I am definitely looking forward seeing Orlando on Jimmy Kimmel's show! :) And I will catch him on Chelsea's show when the video clip shows up on here.

Thank you so much Rene for the exciting news! :hug:

Kim aka Aranes :leg:

Thank you, Rene -- a most entertaining interview. Orlando looked so very fine. I enjoyed his comments and the lively banter between him and Jimmy. How fun to get a wee peek at Legolas and his father doing a bit of serious interrogation.

Yes, I enjoyed the clips also! Orlando makes a fun guest on the late night shows.

Thank you, Rene.

Thanks, Rene. I watched the DVR when I got home tonight. Why does the word "charming" keep coming to mind?

And it's really great that all of these appearances show up online so quickly from the shows directly - I seriously don't miss those days (and nights!) of grabbing and editing!

That was a fun interview and Orlando looked as gorgeous as ever but tired. :wub:

I also loved that sneak peek of Legolas and Thranduil interrogating the org and I love it when Legolas is all fierce and intense like that, he gives me shivers, the same goes with his Father! :shiny:

Thank you very much Rene for posting the video clips. :hug:

Kim aka Aranes :leg:

You can join Peter Jackson, Evangeline Lilly and Richard Armitage for a Google+ hangout today at 10:15am PT / 1:15pm ET / 6:15pm GMT. They'll be answering fan questions live and introducing a never-before-seen clip from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Click here to join in and submit a question, or watch it on

Thanks, Rene, for the link. I'll try to catch some of it before I leave for the afternoon.