Raven

The Desolation of Smaug: Merchandise

This book looks beautiful. Where do you found it, Raven? It seems to be a perfect present for my son (and for me too :wink2: ), who is a huge fan of Lord of the Rings.

This book looks beautiful. Where do you found it, Raven? It seems to be a perfect present for my son (and for me too :wink2: ), who is a huge fan of Lord of the Rings.

Sorry Summer Day, I'm glad you like it but I only found this picture/cover of the book (http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18480109.html). There are some more. But I agree, it would be a lovely present. They did not say, however, when it will be published.

:wave:

Raven

Thanks for posting the pic, Raven. :) The Movie Storybook would be a great present. According to Amazon, it will be available on November 5th.

Here's a list of the Hobbit books and calendars available from Amazon.

Lots of "Hobbit" goodies. Thanks, Rene, for providing a link to the complete list.

I have already put down on my Christmas Wish List. :leg:

Thank you so much Raven for the heads up and to Rene for posting the information and Amazon link. :hug:

Kim aka Aranes

What a find! Thanks, Raven. I'm going to keep my eye out for that. Gotta get one for my son, right? :wink2:

New Zealand Post has released their official stamps and commemorative coins for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Check them out here.

How cool is that?

Unfortunately I don't know a person living in New Zealand. I would immediately ask them to send me at least two letters/postcards :blush: with Thorin and Legolas (and probably a third with Bard :blush: ).

:wave:

Raven

You can listen to 30-second sneak peeks of all 29 tracks on The Desolation of Smaug Soundtrack here. :)

You can listen to 30-second sneak peeks of all 29 tracks on The Desolation of Smaug Soundtrack here. :)

Thirty seconds is not enough. Not enough at all. Oh well, patience has never been my strong point.

Thanks Sunstar.

I also looked at the stamps and coins - Good grief! Did you see the price of some of the coins. Does anyone really buy them?

T.

The stamps are beautiful, as are the coins. There are some serious collectors out there, particularly for the coins. I am just a casual stamp collector, but will probably have to pass on these.

Thanks, Rene. :)

A new limited edition Legolas 1/6 Scale Statue will be available from Weta Workshop in August. Here's the link.