Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

3M Sneak Peek at WonderCon 2011

OMG! There will be a sneak peek of The 3 Musketeers at WonderCon 2011. Get thee to San Francisco's Moscone Center Saturday April 2.

1:30-2:00 Summit Entertainment: The Three Musketeers

Summit Entertainment presents a sneak peek of the upcoming action adventure The Three Musketeers. A surprise special guest shares footage from the film and discusses their experience bringing the story to the big screen. In The Three Musketeers -- from the director of Resident Evl\il and Mortal Kombat -- the hot-headed young D'Artagnan (Logan Lerman) joins forces with three rogue Musketeers (Matthew Macfadyen, Luke Evans, and Ray Stevenson) in this reimagination of Alexandre Dumas' story. They must stop the evil Richlieu (Christoph Waltz) and face off with Buckingham (Orlando Bloom) and the treacherous Milady (Milla Jovovich). In theatres 10/14/11. Esplanade Ballroom

Looks like Collider beat me to the it. :)

I'm sorry to say that I don't have much to report on any new Orlando scenes in the movie because there wasn't any. Like the article said they started with the trailer that came out last week and then introduced Logan Lerman (what a cutie!) and Luke Evans.

They talked about their experience filming the movie. Then they showed some some behind the scene footage. There was two very brief clips with Orlando, the first one he introduces the character he is playing. The second clip was just him saying that the film is "pleasing to the eye" (I couldn't help but think that he is pleasing to the eye :teehee:) And that was it. Both clips of Orlando talking were under a minute. But he looked good! :hott: He was not fully in costume, he had a nice black jacket over some of his wardrobe. I'm hoping that both clips are part of a longer interview that will be included in some sort of behind the scenes look in the DVD.

The crowd was excited about it. When you go to these panels the vibe is always very good. There was cheering and applause at the end of both clips that were shown. There was a representative from Summit who mentioned the rest of the cast and when he said Orlando's name there was quite of bit of cheers and applause. He wasn't mentioned again after that though.

Both actors kept mentioning that this was an action packed movie, and that it was "not your mothers Three Musketeers". I'm not too sure what they meant by that. They said that every generation needed their version of this movie and this was ours. The representative mentioned that there were "no men in tights in this movie, they were all wearing leather" then realizing where he was he adds "All though there is nothing wrong with men wearing tights." (At Wondercon a lot of people come dressed up as their favorite comic book hero so you see a lot of men wearing tights there :lol:)

The panel was enjoyable, there was about 10 minutes of Q&A at the end. There they mention that you have never seen a "Milady like this Milady" and that Mila Jovovich terrified them. Unfortunately the questions that were asked were not the best ones as I did not learn anything new. Some questions were off topic as well. We sat through the panel before this one (Cowboys vs. Aliens) and they asked some great questions and they mostly all on topic.

I wish I would've seen more of Orlando, but I did like what I saw. October cannot come soon enough for me and now for my son as well. :)

I found this post at buzzsugar.com that mentions some of the other things that were talked about in the panel. The Three Musketeers

They are not Orlando related but just in case you wanted to read a bit more. One of the things they mention was about them all doing their own stunts so it looks more "real" on camera. That does make it better when they don't have to pan out so far because they are using a stunt double. :2thumbs:

I went back to watch the trailer again and they did show a unseen clip of Orlando. So for this scene right here:

3Musketeers_Trailer1-1080_Cap005.jpg

These weapons are in a closet of some sorts and they just showed him opening the closet - with his back towards the camera. :lol: That's all I got. It was so short and quick that I thought it was part of the trailer. :)