Sunstar

The Desolation of Smaug: Trailers, Production Videos and Film Clips

Great interview. I like it with how much respect he (and all others!) is treating the books and the story and absolutely agree with him that Peter Jackson did nothing wrong when he integrated Legolas and invented Tauriel. They both fit in wonderfully.

Raven

Oh that was a really good interview, with a lovely mixture of action shots. Thanks very much Sunstar.

T.

That was good. Thanks, Rene. The first link worked fine for me.

Thank you Rene for bringing over this clip. The first clip also worked for me. I loved seeing Orlando rehearse the Hobbit fight scene.

Just bought the Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug today. I can't wait to watch it again and see Legolas again.

Delightful clip! INCOMING!!! :lmao2: Thanks, Rene, for the link.

You can see they are having a great time filming. I had decided to wait for the extended edition but maybe not!

T.

I am still planning on buying the extended edition but couldn't wait to see it so I bought this version. I think they had a great time on set filming.

Yahoo Movies UK have an exclusive clip from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Mirkwood Scene

Director Peter Jackson has never scrimped on the footage front with his movies.

And as this exclusive scene from ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug’ proves, the 25 minutes extra on the new Extended Edition will show off some intriguing new moments from Bilbo’s journey.
Showcasing Martin Freeman’s climbing skills, the clip comes from the segment which sees the Bilbo and the dwarfs as they attempt to navigate the creepy and mysterious Mirkwood.
Bewitched by the dark magic of the forest, the gang begin to lose their sense of direction, and as this clip shows, their wits too.
The swamp water appears to entrance Bilbo as he clambers his way across the vines, echoing the Dead Marshes scene from 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'.
Fans of Tolkien's book will be happy to see Bombur dropping off to sleep, a scene from the book which was cut from the theatrical release
The Extended Edition will also feature more than nine hours of new special features, including The Appendices Parts IX and X, which will show more pre-production from the second film in the ‘Hobbit’ saga.
Hopefully, it’ll keep you satisfied until 12 December, when the third and final film ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ is released.
‘The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Extended Edition’ is released on Blu-ray 3D, DVD and Digital Download from 3 November.

Yes! Finally a release date for the Extended Edition! I've been holding off on getting the Desolation of Smaug because I want to get the Extended Edition instead but it has been tough waiting because of Legolas being in it, so this is great news! :leg:

Thank you very much Rene for posting the update. :hug:

Kim

Thanks, Rene. Great scene -- so much for Bilbo's "stay where you are."

I was just wondering is the release date for the Extended Edition for the UK or for everyone? Because I just noticed the release date for the Battle of the Five Armies is December 12th not the 17th, so this must be for the UK.

Kim

Yes, that's the UK release date, Kim. The Extended Edition will be released in the US on November 4th.

That is great news. I figured the US release date would be the next day. :)

So I will keep checking Amazon to see when it can be pre-ordered. :leg:

Thank you very much Rene for letting me know. :hug:

Kim

Here's a sneak peek at a deleted scene from The Hobbit: DOS. :leg:

Wow! That was a great clip, very intense.

I can't wait to get the Extended Edition of the Desolation of Smaug on DVD! I just hope and pray Amazon will eventually carry the DVD version as well as the Blu-ray. So far I have only noticed it available through Wal-Mart.

Thank you so much Rene for posting the clip. :hug:

Kim :leg:

I can't wait to get the Extended Edition on DVD!! :w00t:

Thank you so very much Rene for posting the clips. :hug:

Kim :leg:

Rene, thank you! Such a treat to see these clips. Wow ... I got goosebumps just watching. :2thumbs:

Check out this exclusive video from Yahoo! Movies:

How Orlando Bloom Shot The Hobbit's Amazing Barrel Scene

The breathtaking barrel escape was definitely one of the highlights of 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' and now, thanks to this exclusive behind-the-scenes clips from the Extended Edition release, we can see the amazing techniques used to allow Orlando Bloom to perform his acrobatic feats as Legolas.

In the scene we see Bloom’s bow-wielding elf pursuing Bilbo and the dwarves as they escape the clutches of the Elven King Thranduil downriver in barrels.
Legolas, accompanied by Evangeline Lilly’s Tauriel, chases after them, hoping to recapture them before a band of marauding Orcs join the hunt, forcing the Elves to help the dwarves fend off their attackers.
It’s an amazing fast-paced scene and one that would require green-screens, wires, gimbals, and guys clad in bright green onesies operating two seesaws to allow Bloom to act it out for real.
"I’m firing my arrows, then doing 180 [degree jumps], then 360s," says Bloom of the crazy-looking stunt, "It was carnage. It was absolutely exhausting."
The plates of Bloom were then incorporated into the final composite to give the effect of the British star having really performed the death-defying leaps.
'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition' is available on Digital HD now and released on Blu-ray 3DTM and DVD from 3rd November 2014

Wow! That was amazing! :w00t: I always wondered how they filmed that and that kind of looked like fun. I also loved what Orlando said at the end how exhausting that was. :heart:

Thank you very much Rene for posting the link to the clip and the article. (((HUG)))

Kim