Sunstar

The Desolation of Smaug: Trailers, Production Videos and Film Clips

Catching up with The Desolation of Smaug videos::

April 1, 2013 -

June 11, 2013 - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Teaser Trailer

June 12, 2013 -

June 29, 2013 - They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!

July 1, 2013 -

Oh yeah, I definitely remember these great videos and I am glad we have them back. :heart:

Thank you Rene for reposting them. :hug:

Kim

Since GRAVITY is the only Warner Bros. film to be released before THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG, there are rumors at TORn and elsewhere that a third trailer will be attached. All new footage in October.

My daughter and I went to the movies yesterday and I was unexpectedly surprised by a trailer for "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"!! :cheer2: Thandruil looked incredibly impressive that on the large screen and Legolas was amazing as always. Thorin was dashing as well. :wink2: Don't you just love Middle Earth?! Can't wait for this one!!

My daughter and I went to the movies yesterday and I was unexpectedly surprised by a trailer for "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"!! :cheer2: Thandruil looked incredibly impressive that on the large screen and Legolas was amazing as always. Thorin was dashing as well. :wink2: Don't you just love Middle Earth?! Can't wait for this one!!

Before watching the Hobbit end last year I NEVER expected that a dwarf could be dashing! In this respect I had to correct my expectations enormously - and yes, I absolutely love Middle Earth!

:wave:

Raven

McJules, thanks for sharing your impression of the "Desolation" trailer. I am a frequent movie goer. I've been hoping to see "Desolation" among the previews, but so far, nothing. I am really looking forward to this one. Off to see Ron Howard's "Rush" tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky, and Middle Earth will show up among the previews. *fingers crossed*

The new trailer will be launched tomorrow!

The latest Desolation of Smaug trailer will be launched tomorrow, 1st October! The new trailer will be available online at 9am EST – that’s 2pm in the afternoon in the UK, 6am in the morning on the West coast of the US. Of course, TORn will bring you a link to the trailer as soon as we can – and you can expect our usual thoughts and analysis soon thereafter!

Meanwhile, TORn has been told that in the 24 hours running up to this trailer release, various websites will be revealing new artwork for The Desolation of Smaug. The first piece has already gone up; it was unveiled on MSN, and can also be seen on The Hobbit website. Check it out here – cobwebs and dwarves and hobbits, oh my!
We’ll be keeping our ears to the ground, and will be sure to share the rest of the new artwork as soon as we can! Smaug is drawing near…

- TORn

Thanks, Rene, for the link and this look at the first "Desolation" poster. I'm seeing a movie tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed that the new trailer will show up at my theatre.

:w00t: Here's the trailer!

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Official Main Trailer [HD]

Absolutely stunning! Thranduil is amazing as is Bard the Bowman. And the voice of Smaug! 'Swoon'.

Plus Legolas in full on Warrior mode. Need I say more?

If you can download a hi-res version of the trailer, such as from this site, it is much lighter and you can see, in the sequence at about 1:47, more detail. Legolas is sliding down a spider web strand, and the spider is there, too. And it is a BIG one. :twitch:

I am soooo excited about this new Trailer! :yahoo:

Felt almost like these two fangirls on YT, who got famous watching the first Trailer.

Anyway~

Thank you so much Sunstar, for sharing this here.

Can´t stop watching it over and over again.

Everyone´s looking amazing.

Love to watch all characters, but to be honest my eyes were more focused on some certain elve. :whistle:

~But my heart will always beat for the brave Thorin and Gandalf aswell~

Well, I thought I could make some The Hobbit -The Desolation of the Smaug -Trailer 2 - Legolas screencaps

for the ka-bloomies here. I tried to catch all scenes, where our elve has its close-up.

There are some scenes, I didn´t made a screencap from.

Like the one Patty told us about (Legolas sliding down a spider web strand..)

When you take a closer look at it, you can see, that it is not Orlando, aka Legolas, who´s sliding down.

It looks more like a Legolas stuntman or a digital elvish action figure and nothing like the real Legolas at all.

Enough blatherin´- here are the :leg: screencaps ~enjoy~

*sized them down a bit *

L1_zps88a3effb.jpg

L2_zps90fee05f.jpg

L3_zps6160df1b.jpg

L4_zps45f2f803.jpg

L5_zps353230c5.jpg

L6_zps0bd88d1c.jpg

L7_zpsa0b26263.jpg

L8_zps1fe8ac00.jpg

L9_zpsdac49a67.jpg

L10_zps9ac97e8a.jpg

L11_zps942c5d17.jpg

L12_zps5d7dd705.jpg

L13_zpsd655698d.jpg

L14_zps23b95b63.jpg

L15_zps66ee4a76.jpg

L16_zps10fe3cd1.jpg

L17_zps3c148d7b.jpg

L18_zps590b9ea6.jpg

L19_zps1454a869.jpg

L20_zps4d89c9dc.jpg

:ph34r: *Chinny*

OMG! :faint:

Between the trailer, the screencaps featuring Legolas and the interview with Orlando & Ian, I have no words to describe how excited I am about the next Hobbit. :yahoo:

December 13th can't come soon enough for me. :leg:

Thank you so much Rene and Chinny for sending my heart into overdrive. :hug:

Kim :ka-nuke:

How amazing is this new trailer?! December seems like ages away!

As you can see my good friend, Chinny, created this beautiful Legolas set for me using two of her gorgeous screencaps.

Thank you so much Chinny for my beautiful set and now I am more than ready for the Hobbit and Legolas' return. :hug:

Kim

I couldn't agree more Raven. I never expected dwarves to be dashing! :drool: Can't wait for December!

Interesting tidbit about the trailer I saw the other day, it is not identical to the official main trailer that was out yesterday. There is one or 2 scenes with Bilbo and that lovely giant spider that are not in the main trailer in addition to other scenes. If I stumble across the version I did see, I'll be sure to post. :2thumbs:

Chinny, you killed me with those screen caps! :dbb:

Hi Julie, :wave:

I also saw the trailer you were talking about last night and that is the teaser trailer that came out earlier. I definitely recognized it from before. :leg:

Kim

I could hardly wait before I watched this new trailer, what am I going to do now? It's looking so good but - thankfully - December is getting nearer day by day.

Thanks for sharing the video and the beautiful screenshots!

:wave:

Raven

Thank you, Welshwoman, Kim , Sunstar, McJules and Raven for your nice compliments about the Legolas - screencaps. :curtsey:

Always a pleasure to share them here with you.

As you can see my good friend, Chinny, created this beautiful Legolas set for me using two of her gorgeous screencaps.

Thank you so much Chinny for my beautiful set and now I am more than ready for the Hobbit and Legolas' return.

:blush: Thx so much, Kim.

I am very happy you like the new set. Suits you very well.

*Chinny* :bow: