Sign in to follow this  
Sunstar

Batman Vs Superman

Here's the latest rumour: Orlando is the frontrunner to play Batman in Zack Snyder's Batman Vs Superman.

Henry Cavill, Orlando Bloom and Andrew Garfield: How Britons are the latest superheroes

Two British stars are set to go into battle together as comic book heroes Superman and Batman

Henry Cavill, a box-office hit in Man Of Steel, will reprise his Superman role in at least two Justice League Of America films in a reported £6million-a-movie deal with Warner Bros.

And Lord Of The Rings and Pirates Of The Caribbean star Orlando Bloom is hot favourite to fight alongside him as the caped crusader after Welsh star Christian Bale announced earlier this month he has relinquished the role of Batman.

With Surrey-raised Andrew ­Garfield, 29, firmly ensconced in the role of Spider-Man, Britons could now command the world’s top three superhero screen parts.

Before Bloom, 36, gets to drive the Batmobile, however, he faces opposition from American stars including Ryan Gosling, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and ­newcomer Armie Hammer.

But a senior source at Warner Bros studio confirmed: “Orlando looks odds-on to get the part even before our first casting call.

“He would be perfect to play off Henry and I think US audiences would be happy with two Brits as the joint male leads.”

The first Justice League film is not slated for release until 2017 but ­producers are anxious to lock down the two principal parts as soon as possible.

Cavill, 30, the Jersey-born former star of TV’s The Tudors, has already agreed terms.

And Bloom is expected to sign as Batman by autumn before casting begins for the other Justice League crime-fighters, including Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter.

Los Angeles-based media analyst Mike Raia said ­yesterday: “British stars are going to be the toast of Hollywood if Orlando does step up to take over the Batman role.

“It will mean for the first time ever, Brits will be in the three prime roles of Batman, Superman and Spider-Man and I don’t think you’ll hear a single American fan complaining.

“All three have proven star quality and can individually almost guarantee major box office returns.

“Pitching two together in the upcoming Justice League franchise could cement all their futures in these roles for years to come.”

- Daily Express

Awesome!!! That would be quite a coup for Orlando. Thanks, Rene, for bringing us the word.

I would love to see Orlando as Batman, I know he would be fabulous! :cheer2:

Thank you Rene for posting this exciting news. :hug:

Kim

:hmmm: An update from the Daily Express:

Orlando Bloom's representative denies Batman role

A spokesperson for Orlando Bloom has played down rumours the actor is set to star as Batman in the upcoming Man Of Steel sequel.

Online reports suggested The Lord of the Rings star was due to take on the role of the comic book character after an announcement at the Comic-Con event in San Diego, California last month (Jul13) stated the caped crusader will feature in the new Superman movie.

However, a representative for Bloom has dismissed the reports, telling Gossipcop.com, "(The rumour) appears to be Internet gossip."

Hmmm. It was an interesting concept but I couldn't really see him choosing it somehow. Thanks anyway Sunstar.

T.

When I first read this, I put it in the same category as the infamous "Saturday Night Fever" rumor of some years back. Not that I think he couldn't do it, I'm just kind of happy he's not. I did make me wonder what kind of Batman he would be. :hmmm:

Sorry having to say this, but I don't think Batman really would be THE role for him. Can there ever be another Batman after Christian Bale?

I got totally excited there for a minute! :cheer2:

And then I thought about it. . . :hmmm: Although I'll watch :lookie: ANYTHING Orlando does (hubba, hubba!), I really can't quite picture him as Batman. *SHRUG*

Thanks, anyway, Rene! :highfive:

- Pam -

It was announced in both Variety and The Hollywood Reporter tonight that Ben Affleck landed the Batman role in the Man of Steel sequel.

That's a tough one. Was hoping it was someone a little bit under radar like maybe this dude. I'm sure Affleck's grown much as an actor since Daredevil - hopefully he'll do the part justice. Will miss Bales as brooding billionaire Bruce.

Thanks Rene.

That's a tough one. Was hoping it was someone a little bit under radar like maybe this dude.

Humina humina. Can't quite think coherently now that Hell on Wheels is back on the TV. (Though Season 2's ending broke my heart.)

(Oh, and it will get worse when Season 5 of Justified starts up after the first of the year.)

Oh, sorry. Where was I?

Well, I'm glad it's not Orlando.

There. I said it.

That's a tough one. Was hoping it was someone a little bit under radar like maybe this dude.

Humina humina. Can't quite think coherently now that Hell on Wheels is back on the TV. (Though Season 2's ending broke my heart.)

(Oh, and it will get worse when Season 5 of Justified starts up after the first of the year.)

Never seen either show. :paperbag2: Just stumbled upon someone's suggestion at IMDB and I concur that Anson would have been perfect. He can pull confident and debonaire rather well.

Well, I'm glad it's not Orlando.

There. I said it.

:lol: Succinctly stated.

Jan, it's great to find another Hell on Wheels and Anson fan. Yes!!!! And I so agree about the ending of S 2. I'm still not over the loss of Lily.

A bit of a threadjack. Sorry.

Sign in to follow this