Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

Curate for a Cause

Orlando will be sharing his picks of favorite home goods to benefit EB research from September 11-Oct.9.

Home goods flash sale site Joss & Main is getting a little extra sparkle this season: the shop is teaming up with a host of celebrities and the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation to "Curate for a Cause" — and raise money for the rare skin disorder.Starting tomorrow, stars like Orlando Bloom, Zoë Saldana, Courteney Cox and Matthew and Camila McConaughey will share their favorite home décor picks for one month at a time; the first sale gets going Tuesday with fun finds from Bridget Moynahan.

The Blue Bloods actress picks several gorgeous items for her sale, including a few tabletop buys and several pieces of furniture. But her favorite? The skyline accent chair (left), chosen for its "fun pattern and color, and the clean lines," she tells PEOPLE.

Visit jossandmain.com on Tuesday to see her picks, available through Sept. 11; see Bloom's from Sept. 11-Oct. 9, Saldana's Oct. 23-Nov. 20, Cox's from Oct. 9-Nov. 6 and the McConaugheys' from Nov. 6-Dec. 6. A portion of all proceeds will benefit the EBMRF.

Wow, that is awesome news and I can't wait to check out Orlando's picks for his favorite home goods. I also hope they raise a lot of money for this important cause.

I remember this was the same charity that Orlando designed a greeting card for a few years back, so I am not surprised he would want to help out again. :heart:

Thank you Jill for letting us know about this. :hug:

Kim

That is a nice chair and I can see why he would like it. :) Also, the name Eames caught my eye because that is an old Family name from my family history.

Thank you very much Jill for bringing over the link to the picture. :hug:

Kim

I just checked the website to see Orlando's home goods because I remember they said his was suppose to start on September 11th but they are showing Courtney Cox's instead. Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks

Kim

I love Joss and Main! What a great thing but I guess I shouldn't be suprised, that's our guy! :thumbsup:

Looks like the schedule has been changed, Kim, the dates for Orlando's Curate for a Cause collection are October 9 - November 6. You can see a faux leather sofa chosen by Orlando here.

A limited edition holiday serving tray will be launched in November:

To celebrate giving back with style, Joss & Main, the revered online destination known for luxury home furnishing flash-sale events, has partnered with the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation (EBMRF) to launch their exclusive Curate for a Cause program. Orlando Bloom, Courteney Cox, Matthew Zoe Saldana, Bridget Moynahan and McConaughey and Camila Alves have each signed on to curate a month-long home decor event . A portion of the proceeds from each item benefits EBMRF.

The celebrity curators worked closely with the Joss & Main team to handpick pieces for their curated collections, which will showcase everything from casual-chic styles to high-end modern designs. In addition to their curated collections, each celebrity collaborated on the design of a limited-edition holiday serving tray in their own personal style launching in November.

EBMRF

That is a nice sofa and I can see why he would like it, it probably helps his back. :)

Thank you very much Rene for the update and the link. :hug:

Kim

I love Joss and Main, just got some cool stuff from there! A metal trunk and these cool looking Moroccan lanterns, prices are good too.

I will be watching for Orlando's sale. His looks very contemporary, my son would love it!

Thanks for the info and for a good cause too. :gimme5:

Here are some pics from the Orlando Bloom Curate for a Cause Lookbook:

CurateForACause_01.jpg

CurateForACause_02.jpg

CurateForACause_03.jpg

CurateForACause_04.jpg

CurateForACause_05.jpg

There are some lovely items in Orlando's Curate for a Cause collection, and you can see them here. If you sign in, you can click on each item for more info and a bigger image.

Thanks, Rene, for providing a look at Orlando's collection. Some interesting pieces and accents.

I wouldn't say there is something for everyone, but it is quite a varied collection. I notice some of them are already sold out!

I do think they could have used a more up to date picture of Orlando - even if it is a very nice one.

Thanks Sunstar

T.

Thanks, Rene! :highfive:

I was hoping to get a look :lookie: at the pieces that Orlando "donated" for his collection. This is great. He's always so willing to help out for a good cause. Don't ya just love him? :wub:

- Pam -

Wow, I love his choices in furniture, I especially like that high-back chair with ottoman and the sofa, those look very comfortable. I also like that bed. :) But the Eames chair, I know I would have trouble getting into that but I like the color.

I hope he raises a lot of money for this important charity.

Thank you very much Rene for posting the pictures and the links. :hug:

Kim

Sign in to follow this