HeySailor

228 posts in this topic

The Sun is reporting that Orlando has signed on to play Romeo (as in Romeo & Juliet) on Broadway. This is the first I've heard of this role; it would be nice to get some sort of confirmation from another independent source since The Sun isn't the usual channel for this type of breaking news:

The actor and his missus Miranda Kerr will be spending a lot more time together after he signed up to play Romeo in a new Broadway adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet.

It means that after wrapping up filming on his latest two films, Cities and Zulu, he'll be getting his slippers on in New York for at least 12 months.<snip>

Broadway World was abuzz with news of a new production being mounted with auditions set for the end of July (July 31, Aug and Aug 2) and/or with a possible national tour in 2013. The Broadway theater is still TBA.

With the comment about the wrapping of 'Cities' and 'Zulu' this is interesting news HS. The Broadway World reports a new production with auditions end July, beginning of August. :hmmm: As you say, it would be nice to have confirmation from a reliable source.

OMG! :w00t: This is awesome news and I hope it really does happen because I know he will be great as Romeo and they couldn't get anyone more perfect than Orlando. :cheer2:

Thank you so much Rene for this exciting news and if its true I would love to wish Orlando all the best and I know he will bring the house down! :hug:

Kim

Wow. If this is really true then it is very good news. We will be in for a great treat! I have always imagined Romeo to look a bit like Orlando.

WOW this is exciting! I hope we get a reliable confirmation soon, then I am booking my trip to NYC!

WOW this is exciting! I hope we get a reliable confirmation soon, then I am booking my trip to NYC!

I'm with you, if this is a go, I hope to be able to make a trip to Nu Yawk.

Fingers crossed.

Aliza

Real Shakespeare stuff would be lovely for him, particularly as Romeo. :sigh: However the Sun is far from reliable and I would wait for an independant report before getting your hopes up. :salt2: (some of the gossip rags will doubtless reprint the story whether it is true or not)

T.

I'm with you, if this is a go, I hope to be able to make a trip to Nu Yawk.

Fingers crossed.

Aliza

If it's true, I up for it too ladies! I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well! :sigh:

reeceehorses

Okay, I will step up and say that Orlando seems a little old to play Romeo. Then again, if this is true and it takes place in NYC, I'll be there with bells on. You betcha.

I know Orlando is 35 now but he hasn't aged a bit and he proved that when I saw those gorgeous screencaps of Orlando as Legolas from The Hobbit. :) So I still think he would be perfect for Romeo. :wub:

Kim

When I first read this I thought of Gustavo Dudamel Conducts Tchaikovsky's Shakespeare . I think Orlando might pull it off. Also, there was a movie made in 1936 starring the two leading actors of the day, Leslie Howard age 43 and Norma Shearer age 34. It was very successful winning many awards.

That being said, maybe he would play Mercutio, Romeo's friend. :hmmm:

When I first read this I thought of Gustavo Dudamel Conducts Tchaikovsky's Shakespeare . I think Orlando might pull it off. Also, there was a movie made in 1936 starring the two leading actors of the day, Leslie Howard age 43 and Norma Shearer age 34. It was very successful winning many awards.

That being said, maybe he would play Mercutio, Romeo's friend. :hmmm:

I agree. Orlando has a beautiful, youthful face, but I think a truly charismatic story would depend on the casting of Juliet and the vision of the Directors for this particular version of the play.

With less than two weeks until the first performance, the final pieces of set and scenery have been loaded into the theatre:

kw6j.jpg

1r28.jpg

- Romeo and Juliet on Broadway

I love the pictures and I can't believe the first performance is only 10 days away. No doubt Orlando is already feeling the butterflies but I know without a doubt he will bring the house down with great performances. :iheart:

Thank you so much Rene for posting everything. :hug:

Kim

That is a great website and I love the reviews. :2thumbs:

Thank you so much Rene for posting the link. :hug:

Kim

Oh, how I wish I could go! I'm a very sad (and broke!) panda indeed.

Perhaps someday, OB will perform in Chi-town? Hey, a girl can dream! LOL :P

Edited by CaliMom