Sunstar

113 posts in this topic

Thanks, Kim, for sharing those pictures. What a nice look back .. and now they'll be working together.

I've liked Forest Whitaker ever since he played Cuffee in the TV mini-series, North & South which starred Patrick Swayze, and now look at him, he is an Academy Award Winning Actor, he has definitely come a long way since he was in North & South. So I am thrilled to see him in Zulu with Orlando and I know the two of them will be awesome together.

Kim

Oh my, North & South - that's such a long time ago and I don't even remember that Forest Whitaker was in it! But I loved that mini series, too, and the books are on my shelf as well. My most vivid recollections of F.W. is the part of Curtis Ames in Emergency Room. He was really creepy and I immediately took a dislike to him back then :scare: though not to his abilities as an actor. Orlando and Forest together sounds interesting anyway.

Raven

This sounds like an interesting role for Orlando, very intense indeed. I can't wait to see him on screen again. Thanks for the news. :thumbsup:

I'm always up for a new Orlando film! :good: Thanks for the update on the film's progress, Rene. Oh, and thank you, Kim, for the "old" photos. If memory serves they were almost in a movie together a few years ago, but it just didn't work out. I'm looking forward to seeing Forest and Orlando together on film.

Oh, and I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here. I went to Amazon through the SHOP LINK (of course), and realized I was a little behind on my purchases due to money issues. So. . .

I FINALLY! :yahoo: found the money to purchase (I've already seen all of them) "Sympathy for Delicious", "Main Street", and "The Three Musketeers"! :cheer2: Now. . . if I could just find a way to see "The Good Doctor". . . :thumbs: I'll be completely caught up. :cheesy:

- Pam -

Pam- Glad to hear that you're caught up with the DVDs. :cheer2: As for the Good Doctor, I believe it is still On Demand if you have I-Tunes or digital cable. If not, hopefully the DVD will come out soon.

Kim- Thanks for posting the pictures of Orlando and Forrest together. Both look dashing in their suits. It's funny that you should bring up North and South since I started rewatching it on DVD earlier this month. I agree Forrest was good once his part was expanded in Book Two. Raven, I have the books too, somewhere in my room. :teehee: It's neat to know that my favorite mini-series finally has an Orlando connection. :shiny:

Rene-Thank you for posting the news of Forrest Whittaker joining Zulu. It looks like a great role for him and he should be awesome in it. I'm glad Orlando's streak of working with great actors continues. :thumbsup:

Pam- Glad to hear that you're caught up with the DVDs. :cheer2: As for the Good Doctor, I believe it is still On Demand if you have I-Tunes or digital cable. If not, hopefully the DVD will come out soon.

I have both, Marilyn. Thank you for the suggestion! :highfive: If I have time I'll watch it this evening and then I won't have to keep avoiding the spoilers. :lol:

- Pam -

That is great news to hear that Orlando is actually in South Africa! :cheer2:

Thank you very much Jill for the exciting news! :hug:

Kim

That's great Kim, Thanks for the update! I love the idea of a new project, awesome!

I'm so excited. A new project going into production! Be still my :throb:

Aliza

Here's Orlando about town/doing research for his role!

Orlando Bloom says Biko's Quest is 'amazing'

Christine Skinner

09/14/2012 15:48:18

Hollywood star Orlando Bloom, who is in Cape Town filming the movie Zulu, came to watch Biko’s Quest at Artscape Theatre last night.

He described the production, which celebrates the life of Steve Biko and is produced by the Steve Biko Centre and Jazzart Dance Theatre, as ‘amazing’.

“Chatting to him afterwards, he said he was impressed with South African talent and the emotion displayed by the performers in Biko’s Quest,” says Jacqueline Manyaapelo, Artistic Director of Jazzart Dance Theatre, and one of the choreographers of the show. “He also asked about Jazzart’s work and our training programmes.”

Bloom was joined by director Jérôme Salle and the pair took time to answer questions and have their photos taken with Jazzart company members. “We were delighted that both of them could come and see the performance and spend time with us afterwards,” says Manyaapelo.

ArtscapeTheatre_02.JPG

Article continues: http://www.artlink.co.za/news_article.htm?contentID=31123

Great find, Patty. Thanks for providing the link. Good to see Orlando and director Salle enjoying what looks to be a marvelous production.

I am glad to know that Orlando is enjoying his time down in South Africa and was able to enjoy such a great production. I am also very excited that "Zulu" is really happening! :cheer2:

Thank you very much Patty for posting the article. :hug:

Kim

One thing I admire about Orlando and how he uses his fame is his constant support and encouragement of all things having to do with theater. It was such a life-saver for him personally and he always makes a point to visit and support theater groups where ever he goes. The fact that his stepfather, Harry Bloom, was such an important figure in 20th century South African history may have influenced his decision to take the role, but the novel Zulu (by Caryl Férey) that the movie is based on sounds like a very dark police procedural. Apparently, a new thing he'll get to try out is an Afrikaans accent.

Orlando will be in South Africa for 3 months to film Zulu. Here's an interview with Orlando and Jerome Salle:

Thank you for the link to this interesting interview. It was refreshing to hear Jerome Salle express his appreciation of Orlando as an actor and one who shared his vision. And I'm really looking forward to watching the dynamics between Forest Whitaker and Orlando. This should be a great movie.

A most interesting interview. Thanks for providing, Rene. It appears that Orlando and director Salle are on the same page when it comes to sharing a vision for this film. This will be a wonderful experience for Orlando, and as he stated, different from anything he's done before.

Yes, that was a great interview and I also loved what Jerome Salle said about Orlando. I also have no doubt that being in South Africa means a lot to Orlando because of his Stepfather, Harry Bloom. So Orlando is going to be there right up until the holidays. :)

Thank you so much Rene for posting the interview clip. :hug:

Kim

"He's a great actor," says Jerome Salle.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Not sure the movie itself will be my cup of tea, but maybe my horizons will be expanded.

Thanks for for the info Patty and Rene!

Aliza

Rene, thank you so much for posting the interview.

I think it will be a great movie with a tremendous acting role for Orlando.

:hug:

Charlie

What a great interview and this looks to be a good fit for Orlando. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Thanks for the video!