aliza

The Hobbit: It's Official Part 2

Had to come back and say that that was a great article. I loved that they inset pictures of the actors without makeup, hair and rubber into the pictures of them in costume. The article was amusing as well. I just love how everyone is making such a deal over Kili.

Peter Jackson got Orlando Bloom off to a good start: Turner could see his career go stratospheric from here, judging by the fact that the costume designers have succeeded in making Fili a wildly attractiveTolkien dwarf. Gimli eat your heart out.

Of course everyone is going to compare him to Orlando. It would be way cool, strictly from a fangirl point of view, of course, to see the 'sexy' dwarf square off against the 'sexy' elf. :teehee:

Thanks (again) for that wonderful link Jill. It's great to finally see the actors in costume and out. I'd like to be able to keep them all straight, but likely will fail miserably in my quest.

Aliza

:thumbsup: Leggy has flown over the Tasmin Sea according to The Herald Sun:

<snip>

The actor however watchedhis wife during the show's rehearsals in the late afternoon before flying outto New Zealand where he is filming the Peter Jackson directed epic, TheHobbit.

<snip>

:thumbsup: Leggy has flown over the Tasmin Sea according to The Herald Sun:

<snip>

The actor however watchedhis wife during the show's rehearsals in the late afternoon before flying outto New Zealand where he is filming the Peter Jackson directed epic, TheHobbit.

<snip>

My excitement just went off the charts after reading this! :yahoo:

Not much longer now before we see our Elven Prince again! :cheer2:

Thank you Jill for the most exciting update! :hug:

Kim

I read the article and saw the pics of Miranda. Wow! She looks terrific. Kudos to her for breast feeding and making Flynn and Orlando her top priorities. :clap:

Thanks for the heads up on Orlando's whereabouts.

Oooo, not long now! :gimme5: This is me giving you five, Jill.

Can't wait for the Video Blog from Peter on this one. Can't wait to see Legolas in his Mirkwood duds either.

Stephen Fry is busy already. From The Belfast Telegraph:

<snip>

Stephen said of his character in The Hobbit: "Marvellous wardrobe and make-up fittings.

"I am sworn to utmost secrecy and non-tweeting or uploading of pix, I'm afraid so no use begging!"

He's being generous with the crumbs, even if he is sworn to secrecy!

So, Orlando has flown the Tasman Sea to NZ. Did no one see him arrive? This is like Waiting for Godot. I think I'll line up for another piece of lembas while I wait and wait and wait. :news:

As ever, thank you for the news Jill.

Thanks once again Jill. Sweet little article and OMG! Orlando's gone to New Zealand!!!!

:yahoo:

:cheer2:

:bubbly:

We're going to see new Legolas on set photos!!!

I can't wait.

:heart:

Aliza

Where's the next video blog with King Thranduil and Prince Legolas? I'm waiting, PJ! :cheer2:

Nice, Jill. Any tidbits that can be thrown our way while we await the next installment of hurry up and wait Peter's production video blog are much appreciated.

I say we take bets on when the first Orlando sighting will take place.

"Elf alert"! :w00t: Jack must visit ka-Bloom.

Thanks, Bev! Can pictures be far behind?

Nice find, Beverly. What a treat for Orlando's fans. And for us as well. A new picture is always most welcome.

Did anyone read the article? :news: I know, I know. . . new pic of our guy and all, THAT's the focus, but after the :lookie: I DID read it and it said that Legolas will appear in the film "The Hobbit" for less than TWO minutes :weep:

I understand there must be a good reason, but it's still disappointing. :pout:

Would there EVER be enough on screen time for Legolas? I doubt it.

- Pam -

Did anyone read the article? --- I DID read it and it said that Legolas will appear in the film "The Hobbit" for less than TWO minutes :weep:

- Pam -

I choose not to believe it. :nope:

Did anyone read the article? --- I DID read it and it said that Legolas will appear in the film "The Hobbit" for less than TWO minutes :weep:

- Pam -

Good choice - so do I :highfive: .

Raven

Did anyone read the article? :news: I know, I know. . . new pic of our guy and all, THAT's the focus, but after the :lookie: I DID read it and it said that Legolas will appear in the film "The Hobbit" for less than TWO minutes :weep:

I understand there must be a good reason, but it's still disappointing. :pout:

Would there EVER be enough on screen time for Legolas? I doubt it.

- Pam -

I don't believe it either, I don't think he would go through all that transformation again if his appearance was only going to be two minutes long. As I remember the first time he played Legolas he sat in the makeup chair for over two hours!

So I am hoping and praying that whoever wrote that article was incorrect.

Thank you Pam for bringing that to our attention but I won't believe it until I see the movie or we get official word from Orlando or Peter. :hug:

Kim

- Pam -

:nope: I choose not to believe it either. I think I remember this rumor coming from an article written in the Sun waaay back. :search: I'm thinking this person is just repeating the rumor.

I read the article as well, and am choosing to believe they don't know what they're talking about. *fingers crossed that they don't*

Nope not gonna believe it. too much goes into these movies for two minutes of screen time. :nope:

glenna

That makes it unanimous! Two minutes where? When the Elves take the dwarves back to Thranduil? In Thranduil's palace as he interrogates the dwarves? Or in the Battle of Five Armies? These are all places Legolas could appear and the battle scenes alone should be worth at least five minutes of time. I mean we all know how Peter likes to make a set piece out of a battle scene. The battle of Helm's Deep was the highlight of 'The Two Towers' and it barely took up a half dozen pages in the book. What do you think he'll do with the Battle of Five Armies? And where did they get that million dollar figure? From Orlando? From Peter? If how much he's making for his appearance has gotten out then there is a serious breech somewhere.

Besides, all the beautiful costuming we saw in the screen shot that Patty posted back on page 98 of this thread seems like a lot for just a couple of minutes of screen time. There are definitely different details in those pictures. It looks like at least 2 or 3 changes of costume. Of course what do I know?

On a more courteous note, thank you Bev for the article and the picture. It's great to see Orlando back in Middle-earth. And what a thrill for those fans!

I go away for two days and they are rehashing the old gossip about the $1M for 2 mins. business. I do not believe it for an instant. Journos will write anything if they haven't got up-to-date info and are too lazy to go look.

It's great to feel the excitement build, with sightings here and there.

Thank you for the photo Beverly, a wonderful surprise for them.

Whatever filming happens on September 4 (or until September 17 for that matter), Gandalf won't be involved.

Ian McKellen will return to Coventry's Belgrade Theatre, where he launched his theatrical career, to celebrate his 50 years of acting. The one-off performance, entitled Back at the Belgrade, will be held on Sunday 4 September 2011 and will also raise funds for the regional playhouse - exactly 50 years to the day after McKellen first appeared there in a 1961 production of Robert Bolt's A Man for All Seasons. In Back at the Belgrade, McKellen will recall his time in Coventry and his subsequent career on stage and screen and answer questions from the audience.

<snip>

McKellen is currently back on stage in The Syndicate, which is at Chichester Festival until 20 August 2011 and then tours, until 17 September, to Malvern, Cambridge, Bath and Milton Keynes.

Congrats on 50 years in the biz.